'Porygon-Z-GX Box' in September!

Aera14

Aspiring Trainer
Kinda weird, it will be fun to see how people put it to use.
Porygon-Z with Crazy Code+recycle energy=you must one shot to kill this thing(not including the burn damage so really 230 hp)but still infinite healing loop incoming. Just suck that if you are fighting say Reshirzard if you use the Abnormal Fever attack you are a one shot at that point how ever if you can can set you field up fast enough you do have free retreat and don't have to worry too much about energy's or energy cost.

Last edited:

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Why burn, of all things?

I mean, I dig it; Burn support is far less than Poison.

I just find it... bizarre to apply a special condition to itself. Y'know?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I would guess their intent is that Porygon-Z is overheating itself from its instability.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Why burn, of all things?

I mean, I dig it; Burn support is far less than Poison.

I just find it... bizarre to apply a special condition to itself. Y'know?
Porygon-Z has always been depicted as a hacked / unauthorized / malfunctioning upgrade to Porygon2. So I'm guessing it's like an overheating computer. This is why I love how the TCG depicts certain Pokemon -- they don't have to say much, but the way they create attacks and Abilities can tell you so much about a Pokemon.

Aera14

Aspiring Trainer
Porygon-Z has always been depicted as a hacked / unauthorized / malfunctioning upgrade to Porygon2. So I'm guessing it's like an overheating computer. This is why I love how the TCG depicts certain Pokemon -- they don't have to say much, but the way they create attacks and Abilities can tell you so much about a Pokemon.
I I remember correctly Porygon-Z I even able to travel through cyber space.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Triple battle compressor (+1) as a GX attack, that could be... well I don't know what it'd be for, but someone will think of something. Infinite heal with recycle energy and baby porygon z is neat, but the attack is meh. Looked for porygon or porygon2 attacks to use with memory energy but in standard it's just "draw 2 cards" or do 30 damage or so.

Spectre_Makoto

Elon Musk is Steve Jobs' Nobody!
Basically the only things that can beat this, if the Ability translates correctly, is Reshizard after burn, the new Dragonite GX, any Fighting type that hits for 120 base, and anything that shuts off Abilities. It's not unbeatable, but have fun trying to kill this thing.

As for the Burn effect, isn't there a Tool or Ability that prevent Special Conditions??

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
It's an interesting card...against decks that aim to two-shot, its basically an auto-win, but against a deck that can do 200 DMG in a turn, it's an underwhelming Stage 2. This thing really hopes Choice Band doesn't get a reprint?

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
It's an interesting card...against decks that aim to two-shot, its basically an auto-win, but against a deck that can do 200 DMG in a turn, it's an underwhelming Stage 2. This thing really hopes Choice Band doesn't get a reprint?
It's probably fair to say most decks are 2 shot (or spread), and most ohko decks now are fire, so you just need to tech for fire at the moment and you'd be set.

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
It's probably fair to say most decks are 2 shot (or spread), and most ohko decks now are fire, so you just need to tech for fire at the moment and you'd be set.

That's a good point...by the time this comes out though, we'll have a lot of new heavy hitters: Mew&2 TTGX, Sabletar TTGX, and Dragonite GX to name a few. Lot of current Tag Teams also hit for 200 with their GX attacks.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt we'll see choice band reprinted, and I'm not convinced anything but mewmewmew is seeing a lot of play. But that does mean two weaknesses to have to tech for.