• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Unbroken Rotoms

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Blitzle LOT 81
* 1 Rotom UPR 50
* 3 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 1 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Magearna UPR 91
* 1 Mewtwo UNB 75
* 3 Rotom FLI 40
* 2 Frost Rotom UPR 41

##Trainer Cards - 44

* 2 Lusamine CIN 96
* 4 Spell Tag LOT 190
* 4 Stealthy Hood UNB 186
* 2 Hustle Belt CES 134
* 4 Sophocles BUS 123
* 4 Escape Board UPR 122
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 4 Sightseer LOT 189
* 1 Power Plant UNB 183
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 4 Adventure Bag LOT 167

##Energy - 0

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I always played rotom in a deck with something else before, but with the advent of secret hood and power plant, we finally have answers to shuckle gx and alolan muk.
I tried to go fairly turbo while staying in my budget of having only 1 jirachi and no dedenne gx. And it does actually get a turn 2 attack about 50% I'd say, unless marshadowed.
I don't really like mewtwo, but delcatty can get problematic if you have to zebstrika it away before you get skitty, and outside of those two, there isn't a good way to get a lusamine loop bootstrapped (you often have to ditch both lusamines). Maybe I don't need it... but I like to get late game access to my discarded brock or guzma.

I am looking for any advice on making it either faster, more consistent, finding alternatives for the 7 dead cards until end game (2 brock, 2 lusamine, 2 guzma, 1 mewtwo). Thanks!

EDIT I forgot to go over basic strategy of the deck... if you haven't seen rotoms, you delete like crazy until 9 tools are discarded, then try to hang on with what's left, while enjoying free attacks.

Last edited:

LepineP000

Aspiring Trainer
So, I have been testing Granbull a bit and playing Reds Challenge, which is just a computer search. Personally, I feel as though a few copies in here could put in some work.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Why are those called the 7 “dead” cards?
What I mean is, they are all the cards I don't want to see while setting up, not only because they get discarded, but they also slow me down by not being tools or ways to discard tools. I'm actually wondering if I just shouldn't play a few more rotoms or other techs (mime to block acerola? Mew when I get one for sure.) And maybe some mysterious treasures to delete and search.

So, I have been testing Granbull a bit and playing Reds Challenge, which is just a computer search. Personally, I feel as though a few copies in here could put in some work.
I don't have any yet, but I can see the synergy in deleting two tools, grabbing say an ultra ball to discard two more, netting me a zebstrika to discard and draw even more. Or just to get bags anytime.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Updated list:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Blitzle LOT 81
* 1 Rotom UPR 50
* 3 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 1 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Magearna UPR 91
* 1 Mr. Mime TEU 66
* 3 Rotom FLI 40
* 3 Frost Rotom UPR 41

##Trainer Cards - 43

* 4 Spell Tag LOT 190
* 4 Stealthy Hood UNB 186
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 4 Escape Board UPR 122
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Sightseer LOT 189
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Power Plant UNB 183
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Lusamine CIN 96
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ingo & Emmet TEU 144
* 4 Adventure Bag LOT 167
* 2 Sophocles BUS 123

##Energy - 0

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck is sooo much better... talking it out with you guys made me realize, the best place for my guzmas/brock/lusamines is in my deck, especially with the raw draw power of sometimes 2 zebras on the bench. Facepalm moment, now there are 2 pal pads.
Also, since I have much less to worry about regarding discarding supporters, ingo & emmet is just another strong discard supporter, and with pal pad it's better than soph so I took out 2 of those.
Shrine I realized is almost irrelevent in a stadium meta, they will counter it before it builds up enough and I'm not spreading here, so I went with 2 power plant which is far stronger... I just beat a shuckle deck with it, and it felt great to be able to play it down multiple times. It's also really good against the big pink annoying sheep.
I'm down to 16 tools which I don't love, and there's still a chance I have to discard double pal pad on turn one, but going to 10 supporters stops a lot of bricks from happening so it's overall much better.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
-1 Lusamine
-1 Magearna
-2 Power Plant

+1 Wondrous Labyrinth
+2 PokeGear 3.0
+1 Faba

I took out the Power Plants in this deck and replaced them with a single copy of Wondrous Labyrinth which I think is more disruptive for a lot of decks. PokeGear's for more consistency, and I threw in 1 Faba because of things like Black Market and Wishful Baton to give you a better matchup vs. single-prize decks that set up faster than you (like Mini-Blacephalon).

How does the deck fare vs. Mini-Blacephalon and other one prizers? Do you feel like you discard your Brock's Grit/Guzmas enough to warrant running 2 Lusamine?
faba is bad
it doesn't discard prism stars.
field blower is just so much better in a deck that WANTS TO DISCARD TOOL CARDS.

Also, if you READ what he said, you will see that power plant has a VERY important role in his deck.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, no, double lusamine is a relic from my earlier convoluted recovery system. At this point I'm probably using it to get stadiums anyway.
Power plant makes shuckle not an auto loss, and I keep seeing whimsicott everywhere too, but wonder lab does also make sense.
I also don't really want to drop a magearna because it is more engine than tech, and lets me use bench sitters as tool storage.
One prize matchups vary wildly... baby blowns is probably ok because they miss something at some point and you catch up because all of your attackers get ohkos. Lost March, you catch up with tags for easy prizes. Zapdos is bad, they don't generally miss turns (I see how lab could help here). Stage 2s take as long as you do to get going, and spell tags can help along with weakness.

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
Ive been playing your list and its really cool! Just wanted to ask, do you use mr. mime often? Looking for room for a mew or sky pillar

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Not yet, seems like zoro has taken a dip. If you aren't using it much, go ahead! I don't have a mew atm but thanks for the idea on sky pillar.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Ha, well, it came in handy in a pikarom match today, so thanks again! Weavile is awful, probably the worst thing for the deck along with the new wheezing. Luckily I haven't seen rule of evil much lately. What I have seen is an uptick in absol, which is quite a struggle for me to deal with. Any chance you have a counter to that? Why don't they print a cheap one prize pokemon that says "your retreat cost is one less" just so I can cancel it out?

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
A higher number of guzma is okay for that once your rotoms are attacking, but it can be a pain early on so i'm not sure its a plus overall :/

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
So my other rotom deck plays counter energy and dashing pouch (along with some pokes to take advantage of weaknesses rotoms don't hit), and if I'm behind on prizes I can get around absol that way. I could easily swap a band and hood for 2 pouches.... but what would I cut for a couple DCE?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi rewster1,

Nice list. I would like to include more Pokémon search items to have a more stable access to Rotoms and Zebstrika. I would also consider Ingo and Emmet since this card works rather well with the tool discard theme and helps to refresh your hand similar to Sightseer. Personally I would retain Shrine of Punishment since it provides an additional damage even when the opponent replaces the stadium on the next turn. However you may also use Power Plant or a mix of both stadiums if you are worried about Zoroark decks.

Here is a proposal for a revised list based on the one you posted in the first post:

Pokémon: 14

3 Blitzle LOT 81
3 Zebstrika LOT 82
3 Frost Rotom UPR 41
1 Heat Rotom UPR 24
3 Rotom FLI 40
1 Jirachi TEU 99

Supporter: 12
2 Erika's Hospitality TEU 140
4 Ingo & Emmet TEU 144
4 Sightseer LOT 189
2 Guzma BUS 115

Pokémon Tools: 18

4 Spell Tag LOT 190
4 Stealthy Hood UNB 186
2 Hustle Belt CES 134
4 Escape Board UPR 122
4 Choice Band GRI 121

Item cards: 13

2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
3 Adventure Bag LOT 167
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Nest Ball SUM 123

Stadium: 3

3 Shrine of Punishment CES 143

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
While I see the value in shrine of punishment with extra damage, a lot of decks run tapu lele and dedenne and shutting them down early I find does a better job than a little extra damage to your opponent. Stalling your opponent early imo is worth more than extra damage, and with this deck stall would have more value as you can't attack till you have tools in your discard.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
While I see the value in shrine of punishment with extra damage, a lot of decks run tapu lele and dedenne and shutting them down early I find does a better job than a little extra damage to your opponent. Stalling your opponent early imo is worth more than extra damage, and with this deck stall would have more value as you can't attack till you have tools in your discard.

I can see the argument for Power Plant. However I believe that a four Sightseer, four Ingo and Emmet in addition to three Adventure Bag and three Zebstrike should enable the deck to get tools into the discard rather fast provided that the deck runs a total of 18 tool cards. However, I have to admit that I did not test that out. I am more partial to Metal Tool Drop and Pumpkin Bomb Gourgeist in the Japanese meta with U-Turn Board available. For that reason I did not test Rotom that much.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Your list isn't far off my updated one. I have pal pad to rescue the situational supporters back into the deck, and I went with power plant because it avoids some autolosses where shrine doesn't autowin anything. I'd say speed is really good (for rotom), attacking on turn 2 about 50%.