Armored Mewtwo Revealed in 'CoroCoro!' Ancient Mew Promo Re-Release!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
God I got scared that this was some dumb new game gimmick for a second, but I'm glad my suspicions were right in that this and the trademark for it were just for the movie.

Irelatetosobble

Awaken my Eevees! (Poses Dramatically)
Is armored mewtwo going to be in LGPE? Looks like theirs a gameplay pic in second page top right

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
Best news ever! Armored mewtwo is one of my favorite things in first movie and new armor looks badass! I'm so happy that they are re-releasing ancient mew,i wish they would've done something different with the card but it doesn't matter,it's still amazing that they are releasing it again.

TheRealBro..

God I got scared that this was some dumb new game gimmick for a second

Same here. I was thinking about a new ''Robot Mewtwo'' Pokemon in Gen 8, also because I'm expecting info to be released soon, and I wasn't liking it but nothing to be worried about.. Yet.

Pone

Delta Species is best species
God I got scared that this was some dumb new game gimmick for a second, but I'm glad my suspicions were right in that this and the trademark for it were just for the movie.
Don't breathe your sigh of relief just yet. Pokémon isn't one to not cash in on a trademark. I expect this to be in either the VG or the TCG. Or both.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Your an idiot if you see this as a dumb gimmick if it has potential for the games since it's easily the most aesthetically refreshing readaptation Mewtwo has had since..... Armoured Mewtwo 1. It's two Ugly DBZ clone megas don't come close.

Ancient Mew SM-P will be worth more likely than it's original save for Nintedo variant obviously. Shame it will be the exact same framework without a shred of originality like Trade Please XY-P PikaZard. Spoons crossing this oppertunity for Ancient Mew merch.

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Your an idiot if you see this as a dumb gimmick if it has potential for the games since it's easily the most aesthetically refreshing readaptation Mewtwo has had since.... Armoured Mewtwo 1. It's two Ugly DBZ clone megas don't come close.
What makes me an idiot here?? That my opinion is I don't want Sword and Shield slapping armor on a Pokemon?? Sure, Armored Mewtwo looks cool, and if they want to fit that into the games, Ash-Greninja style, I'd be fine with that. What I'm saying is that when people started thinking "Oh, armored Mewtwo=Armored Evolution, new gimmick confirmed", I thought that sounded BEYOND ridiculous and that it was an even worse gimmick than Z-Moves were. Despite this, I suspected that, because of them copyrighting only Armored Mewtwo that it was only for the movie coming out. And it seems as if that's the case.

If they want to put that in the games, go ahead. I think they datamined that GO coded in something about it. I think it's fine. I personally prefer the Megas over it, but like I said, I'm not opposed to them putting it in the games as a one-of, Ash-Greninja kind of deal. I just really don't want Sword and Shield slapping weird armor on Pokemon, and like I said, I think we're not going in that direction.

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
I want to see them make Ancient cards for various other Pokémon. Many fakers have played around with cards like that, and I think this movie is a good opportunity.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
What makes me an idiot here?? That my opinion is I don't want Sword and Shield slapping armor on a Pokemon?? Sure, Armored Mewtwo looks cool, and if they want to fit that into the games, Ash-Greninja style, I'd be fine with that. What I'm saying is that when people started thinking "Oh, armored Mewtwo=Armored Evolution, new gimmick confirmed", I thought that sounded BEYOND ridiculous and that it was an even worse gimmick than Z-Moves were. Despite this, I suspected that, because of them copyrighting only Armored Mewtwo that it was only for the movie coming out. And it seems as if that's the case.

If they want to put that in the games, go ahead. I think they datamined that GO coded in something about it. I think it's fine. I personally prefer the Megas over it, but like I said, I'm not opposed to them putting it in the games as a one-of, Ash-Greninja kind of deal. I just really don't want Sword and Shield slapping weird armor on Pokemon, and like I said, I think we're not going in that direction.

I wholeheartedly agree. Tbh my heart dropped a little when I saw this on the front page, it was like "Ugh god no I don't want this to be the new gimmick".
On Mewtwo though? Its FINE. It's his thing. I don't care if they soup him up more and change his armor around. It looks a bit.... Digi-Yu-Gi-Oh-Mon... but if its just a one-off, 100% cool with that.
Just don't slap weird armor on other Pokemon and give them special abilities for it please. I wish Megas would make a comeback, Z-moves were pretty dumb but Alolas were alright, I wonder what's next.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Tbh the fact that they went through the trouble of naming it should be a clue that they plan on marketing Armored Mewtwo in some manner beyond the movie. It could be an Ash-Greninja scenario where they give away a promotional Armored Mewtwo as a wifi event and Mewtwo is the only one with this additional forme, or just like Mega Mewtwo Y in the Genesect movie it could be the poster child for another gimmick

Last edited:

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
So, after all these months GF still refuses to give any information about the game...

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul

Dude no one is slapping armour on pokemon... well mewtwo has but hes had that 20 years ago, just check out the first movie and mewtwo strikes back, or even indigo league ep 63 when mewtwo tears gary apart in viridian city gym clad in his armour.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Dude no one is slapping armour on pokemon... well mewtwo has but hes had that 20 years ago, just check out the first movie and mewtwo strikes back, or even indigo league ep 63 when mewtwo tears gary apart in viridian city gym clad in his armour.
Does it look like I think that they're going to??
I'm more than aware of the whole original Mewtwo armor thing. What I'm trying to get at is that I just thought that people's speculation of a new gimmick was something I thought was both a bad idea that didn't sound good in theory and that it was unlikely BECAUSE of Mewtwo being the only Pokemon who had it.