Spoilers for Jirachi-GX, Weavile-GX, Psyduck & Slowpoke-GX!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Oh shit brilliant debut for a Mega GX. Originally wanted Mega Sableye in XY10 but this is definitely worth the wait.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Sabletar I already said was clunky,

Dumb & Dumber ... is dumb. So dumb that it thinks it's viable in expanded and discards supporter for VS seeker. (Not even enough damage) The GX attack is ridiculous, overkill is all. I'd rather Towering Splash.

Mewmew's slave... I mean Jirachi GX is only to boost... Mewmew? Really TCPI? IDK I mean Buzz GX is rotataing so... The normal attack is your way of giving your opponent 2 free prizes. The GX attack is very unimpactful.

Weavile GX on the other hand... That ability is BUSTED! Exactly what we need to power up sabletar. Nags and vile combo will also boost Zoroninja Gx. And Guzzlord GX if it wasn't rotating... lol Attack in lame though. The GX attack could be good if you brick though.

AuraStormLucario

Aspiring Trainer
M Sableye & Tyranitar's GX attack on its own is ineffective, but also a strong win condition that your opponent MUST be aware of. Its normal attack is very VERY good. Umbreon EX saw a little bit of play, Guzzlord GX was interesting, but both of their attacks struggled because of their overall damage output. Buzzmosa GX saw heavy play in Japan for a month and its numbers worked out nicely due to its combination of two great attacks. Looking back in history, Plasma Lugia was extremely successful, and Rayquaza & Deoxys LEGEND saw play too. The prospect of taking three prizes on a Dedene, Lele, Koko, Blacephalon, UltraNecrozma, etc. is a threat. The prospect of taking FOUR prizes on a Pikarom with a choice band is a very nice perk. We have seen cards like this work in the past, and I believe Sabletar has similar potential.

In expanded, in combination with Weavile GX and acceleration, I believe this card has the potential to be an incredibly strong deck. Can't wait to see!

ShinyCyndaquill

Aspiring Trainer
Slowbrow and Psyduck could work well with Bannet GX. You spend the first few turns dealing tons of damage while discarding lots of supporters. Then in the late game, you hit 130 for 1 energy.

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
So far this year, they've brought back two older mechanics: Mega Pokémon and Baby Pokémon. However, neither of these have any special mechanic, which makes me a little bit mad. Hopefully they'll come up with some cool stuff for the Sword & Shield era.

Also, can anyone make out the set numbers on M-Sableye & Tyranitar GX or Psyduck & Slowpoke GX?

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
Finally dark decks can get the energy boost they need. It sucks weavile is a gx, but with black market I can understand why it is.

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
I actually like how SlowDuck works, reminds me of the anime. All aloof or confused most of the time, but randomly capable of huge damage attacks when pushed. Like when Psyduck used confusion in Detective Pikachu.

PokemonMasterNate

VMAX Charizard will be mine!
Yo, what. So megas are finally in the GX era. Halfway? Oh boy. Does this mean we could possibly get a Mega Charizard X and Y GX? That will be.....uh.....op?

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
Weavile's ability on a Stage 1 is so good...especially with the new Dark City. Combined with Acerola and Max Potion, makes the new Mega Sableye & Tyranitar TTGX basically immortal (unless they're hitting for weakness)