• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post Rotation Lapras?

coolsmiles424

Aspiring Trainer
I just saw the Lapras card from Team Up, and I think it has some potential considering how popular fire decks are gonna be. It's main attack needs 1 colorless, and does 30 more damage for each water energy attached to it, and paired with Team Up Blastoise, I think it could be good. Here's the list i came up with:

4 Lapras TEU
4 Squirtle UNB
2 Wartortle UNB
3 Blastoise TEU
2 Magikarp TEU
2 Gyrados TEU

4 Rare Candy
4 Pokémon Communication
4 Cynthia
2 Pal Pad
2 Energy Recycler
4 Green's Exploration
2 Bill's Analysis
2 Pokegear 3.0
4 Acro Bike

15 Water Energy

It is built for post rotation!

Any advice would be great!

Last edited:
Green's Exploration is probably better than Red's Challenge for this deck. It's going to let you search Rare Candy and other items.

Also, why do you have adventure bag? You don't have anything it can search out. It only searches tools (not items).

I'd say:

-2 Adventure Bag
-2 Reds Challenge
+4 Green's Exploration
-2 Bill's Analysis
+2 Pokegear 3.0

I probably also would leave out the Dratini/Dragonite combo; Pokegear 3.0 can handle that. Maybe use the TEU Gyarados; it discards non-energy and does damage from energy, which is really nice.

-2 Dratini
-2 Dragonite
+2 Magikarp TEU 29 (post-rotation; the Submerge one pre-rotation)
+2 Gyardos TEU 30

Gyardos has one really useful function: early game it speeds through your deck to make Blastoise more effective at attaching to Lapras. Even in the early game it's probably hitting for 90 to 120 for one attach (you should pretty quickly be getting energy dense).

The other thing I'd look at is some energy retrieval. You'll do better with the ability to take some energy from the discard and put it back in the deck, since you'll have situations like a Lapras with 5 energy getting KOed, and you'll want to make it more energy dense. Perhaps remove the switches for Energy Recycler (the RA is GRI, but it had a SR reprint in FLI so it is in next rotation); I'm not sure how much you'll need to switch with this deck, especially with tons of energy you can always just retreat, and post-rotation there's no guzma any more.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I had adventure bag in there b/c I originally had Wishful Baton but then I realized it wasn't post rotation, and forgot to remove it when I got rid of the batons. I like the idea of using the Gyrados to kinda filter the deck to find energies w/ Blastoise easier. And yeah, that's what I thought with the Dragonite, i'll sub in Pokegear.

I wouldn't play the green engine, once blastouise is out is pretty useless. I have tested thi deck quite enough, and it necessarly needs wishful baton, otherwise os pretty meh. Also the only bad matchup is against pikakrom, because tag bolt screws your strategy, consider the possibility to play mew

Back