• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Black Void ( Greninja & Zoroark GX / Naganadel / Darkrai Prism)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
BLACK VOID

2571-Shiny-Zoroark.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 3 Greninja & Zoroark GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Darkrai Prism Star (beatdown)
  • 4 Poipole SM6 (evolution)
  • 4 Naganadel SM8 (fuels)
  • 2 Yveltal SM8a (disable)
Trainer (32):
  • 3 Coach Trainer (draw)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 3 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 3 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 3 Energy Switch (enable)
  • 3 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Nest Ball (search)
  • 1 Black Market Prism (enable)
  • 3 Viridian Forest (search)
Energy (14):
  • 14 Darkness Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Greninja and Zoroark GX and bench three Poipole. Next turn search for Naganadel and discard Basic Darkness Energy to evolve them. Use Naganadel and Darkrai Prism to accelerate energy to the board to fuel Dark Pulse.

Last edited:
I proxied this deck at a league and it was amazing!! My decklist was pretty similar, just -2 on the yveltal and +1 Darkrai GX and 1+ Marshadow SHL. I see you're adding Coach Trainer for the post rotation but until we get all our info on what is staying and going, those can be an Acerola+ another searching card for the Unbroken Bonds format. Acerola is fantastic because with the energy switch Combo you aren't missing a beat and keeping the damage strong thanks to Naganadel.

During my games vs Pikaromm, it was kinda funny because it came down to whomever went first and also how well they drew after a Let Loose. After turn 3 it was not hard getting up to 240 damage with this team. Definitely not the fastest TTGX but definitely consistent through and through.

I'm thinking of adding Choice Helmet for the Reshizard matchup because it'll fail to OHKO you with Flare Strike+Choice Band. Which can make a huge difference in the game

Hi jamashawalker,

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that the deck worked fine for you. Since this is a japanese list I included Coach Trainer. Prior to this I ran one more Cynthia and two Erika's Hospitality to ensure a stable card flow. Cutting one Yveltal in favor of a tech Darkrai GX is possible but I am not a fan of it without Nanu in the list. Yveltal was intended to increase the odds of a favorable start. I would stick to Choice Band over Choice Helmet because it enables the deck to ohko Reshiram and Charized GX. From experience the deck seems to need the added boost. Please let me know how the deck works out for you.

First of all, I apologize for not knowing the descriptions of a few cards (Yveltal (?) and Coach Trainer). So, please provide those.

If you intend/want to start with a Greninja &Zoroark GX, then this count should be maxed-out in order to maximize your chances of starting with one.

I'd also suggest you up your Cynthia count to 4 and reduce your Lillie count to just 3. I've found this particular combo to work quite well.

Further, given your limited number of Supporters, why no Pal Pad and/or Oranguru (Resource Management? The Oranguru becomes vital, IMO, when you have long games and/or you can not make your Black Market Stadium "stick."

Any concerns with the Fighting deck match-ups?

Hi The Golden Mewtwo,

Thanks for the review. I disagree on Coach Trainer. It provides a stable draw of four cards in decks centered around Tag Team Pokémon. Several decks such as Reshiram and Charizard often have a limited number of Pokémon on the battlefield.It is not uncommon to see no more than three Pokémon on their side. Erika's Hospitality turns into a more conditional Hau in this case while Coach Trainer provides more stable direct draw and I like to retain a stable count of ten draw trainers in total.

Hi TuxedoBlack,

Thanks for the review. Here are the requested spoilers:

Yveltal
Basic Darkness Pokémon
HP 110
[D] Derail: 30
Discard a special energy from your opponent’s active Pokémon.
[D][D] Clutch: 60
Your opponent’s active Pokémon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.
Retreat Cost: 0
Weakness: L
Resistance: F

This card is primarily here for the free retreat to enable me to recover forces once the first Greninja and Zoroark GX has been defeated. This card was released in the last American set to my knowledge.

Coach Trainer
Trainer - Supporter
Draw 2 cards. If your Active Pokemon is a Tag Team Pokemon, draw 2 more cards.

This is one of the cards that will be released in the next set. It provides a stable direct draw supporter for decks centered around Tag Team Pokémon. Depending on the meta this card can be more effective than Erika's Hospitality.

Since the deck already runs a total of ten draw supporters I do not think that Pal Pad is needed. Also keep in mind that Pal Pad returns the supporters into the deck which is rather slow compared to retrieval to the hand. I do not think this format is suited for Pal Pad as a slower supporter recovery. I rather prefer to run a stable supporter count instead.

I disagree on Lillie. Similar to Ultra Malamar this deck can in essence play down its hand to zero with ease due to the similar item choices in both decks. This makes Lillie as effective as Cynthia but Lillie is far superior turn one. This is the main reason I want to retain four Lillie in this deck. Coach Trainer suppliments the four Lillie and three Cynthia by allowing me to draw four cards in total if I have Greninja and Zoroark GX active. This can be benefitial on turns when you want to retain that one Energy Switch in hand to fuel the next Zoroark and Greninja GX out of nowhere in one turn.

I can see the reason to max out Greninja and Zoroark GX and I will most likely cut one Yveltal for the fourth Greninja and Zoroark GX.

I am not concerned about the fighting weakness. Several large scale tournaments in Japan, America, and Europe have shown that Pikachu and Zekrom GX and other Lightning decks can get away with that weakness because Fighting is underrepresented. At the moment the only viable fighting decks are Zygarde and Garchomp Lucario besides the tech Buzzwole non-GX in some Lightning variants. The deck also turned out to be rather stable. However it is far from tier one. The main reason for this is that it is outclassed by several other decks that will be available outside Japan shortly. The reason for this is that it takes a few turns longer to reach ohkos compared to these other decks and it's disruptive potential is limited to non-existing.

Awesome deck! I really want to try this out. Lots of people have been playing other new Tag Team GXs, and I haven't seen this one get much play! I'll let you know how this deck runs for me. Thanks!

So this is the Naganadel variant.

I play the Incineroar GX, variant, because for me it’s so much more consistent than the Naganadel variant (Still love you Naganadel!)

Here’s my Incineroar list:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 3 Greninja & Zoroark-GX UNB 107
* 3 Hoopa-GX TEU 96
* 3 Incineroar-GX TEU 97
* 3 Litten TEU 20
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Red's Challenge UNB 184
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Lt. Surge’s Strategy UNB 178
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Black Market {*} TEU 134
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Energy Retrieval SUM 116

##Energy - 15

* 15 Darkness Energy 16

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I play the Incineroar GX, variant, because for me it’s so much more consistent than the Naganadel variant (Still love you Naganadel!)

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 3 Hoopa-GX TEU 96
* 3 Incineroar-GX TEU 97
* 3 Litten TEU 20
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 15

* 15 Darkness Energy 16

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
You should put this in a different thread if you want feedback.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 3 Hoopa-GX TEU 96
* 3 Incineroar-GX TEU 97
* 3 Litten TEU 20
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 15

* 15 Darkness Energy 16

Total Cards - 60

I'm looking to build an Incineroar-GX variant of this deck, but I'm going for a much smaller line of Litten (only running 1) as I'm planning on using the Greninja & Zoroark-GX's GX attack to get the Incineroars out, and the Spirit Compressor attack on Spiritomb to get them into the discard pile.

Hi The Golden Mewtwo,

Thanks for the review. I disagree on Coach Trainer. It provides a stable draw of four cards in decks centered around Tag Team Pokémon. Several decks such as Reshiram and Charizard often have a limited number of Pokémon on the battlefield.It is not uncommon to see no more than three Pokémon on their side. Erika's Hospitality turns into a more conditional Hau in this case while Coach Trainer provides more stable direct draw and I like to retain a stable count of ten draw trainers in total.

Hi TuxedoBlack,

Thanks for the review. Here are the requested spoilers:

Yveltal
Basic Darkness Pokémon
HP 110
[D] Derail: 30
Discard a special energy from your opponent’s active Pokémon.
[D][D] Clutch: 60
Your opponent’s active Pokémon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.
Retreat Cost: 0
Weakness: L
Resistance: F

This card is primarily here for the free retreat to enable me to recover forces once the first Greninja and Zoroark GX has been defeated. This card was released in the last American set to my knowledge.

Coach Trainer
Trainer - Supporter
Draw 2 cards. If your Active Pokemon is a Tag Team Pokemon, draw 2 more cards.

This is one of the cards that will be released in the next set. It provides a stable direct draw supporter for decks centered around Tag Team Pokémon. Depending on the meta this card can be more effective than Erika's Hospitality.

Since the deck already runs a total of ten draw supporters I do not think that Pal Pad is needed. Also keep in mind that Pal Pad returns the supporters into the deck which is rather slow compared to retrieval to the hand. I do not think this format is suited for Pal Pad as a slower supporter recovery. I rather prefer to run a stable supporter count instead.

I disagree on Lillie. Similar to Ultra Malamar this deck can in essence play down its hand to zero with ease due to the similar item choices in both decks. This makes Lillie as effective as Cynthia but Lillie is far superior turn one. This is the main reason I want to retain four Lillie in this deck. Coach Trainer suppliments the four Lillie and three Cynthia by allowing me to draw four cards in total if I have Greninja and Zoroark GX active. This can be benefitial on turns when you want to retain that one Energy Switch in hand to fuel the next Zoroark and Greninja GX out of nowhere in one turn.

I can see the reason to max out Greninja and Zoroark GX and I will most likely cut one Yveltal for the fourth Greninja and Zoroark GX.

I am not concerned about the fighting weakness. Several large scale tournaments in Japan, America, and Europe have shown that Pikachu and Zekrom GX and other Lightning decks can get away with that weakness because Fighting is underrepresented. At the moment the only viable fighting decks are Zygarde and Garchomp Lucario besides the tech Buzzwole non-GX in some Lightning variants. The deck also turned out to be rather stable. However it is far from tier one. The main reason for this is that it is outclassed by several other decks that will be available outside Japan shortly. The reason for this is that it takes a few turns longer to reach ohkos compared to these other decks and it's disruptive potential is limited to non-existing.

I think you're discounting the power of a good old ZoroRoc deck - Fighting is still one of the stronger types in the format and should actually be stronger after Unbroken Bonds becomes legal due to the inclusion of Martial Arts Dojo, along with Diancie ♢ staying in the format.

I'm looking to build an Incineroar-GX variant of this deck, but I'm going for a much smaller line of Litten (only running 1) as I'm planning on using the Greninja & Zoroark-GX's GX attack to get the Incineroars out, and the Spirit Compressor attack on Spiritomb to get them into the discard pile.

Interesting idea. I think instead of running Spiritomb, you can use Hoopa GX to search for the Incineroars, and for Ultra Ball or Red if you run it to discard them.

I toyed with that idea but the 2 prizer just seemed like much worse value in the deck - with Black Market Spiritomb ends up giving up no prizes, plus can be paired with Darkrai-GX for more dark energy on the board if that's the route you wanna take (plus Spiritomb has no weakness and only 1 retreat cost, unlike Hoopa-GX which has a weakness to fighting and a retreat cost of 3).

Then again, Hoopa-GX does give you an alternate attacker, however, I still think the Spiritomb paired with Darkrai-GX is a better option.

Back