Discussion Which UBB Prerelease Promo Do You Want

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Hello,

I’d like to know which Unbroken Bonds prerelease promos you want. If you haven’t s seen them I’ll add a link to them below.

https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/03/unbroken-bonds-prerelease-promos-revealed

I personally want Volcanion. This set has great fire type trainers and Pokémon, and Volcanion first attack on T1 is pretty awesome. It also helps accelerate its own attack, which can do 110 damage if you have 4 Fire energy in play, and its first attack helps charge it up. It also hits weakness on Melmetal, which is one of the more annoying promos to deal with.

Also, Volcanion could have value after prerelease because it has good synergy with ReshiZard.

None of the promos are all that usable, Volcanion maybe, but I'm not convinced it's good enough - you'd have to play 4 of them to likely start with it T1, and then it's only really useful half the time, and the rest of the time it might be able to get all the way up to ... 110 damage. Might as well play Zapdos if you're okay with 110. Not worth 4-of inclusion, and thus probably not worth playing.

As far as playability in the prerelease, Volcanion is pretty good also there. The Persian promo is really poorly done, unfortunately; they don't include any good Caturday cards in the deck, which is very disappointing (sometimes, but not always, Litten is in it, but otherwise just the Meowth you'll be evolving). Melmetal similarly doesn't have enough metal Pokémon; it includes Lucario x2 which you need for attacking, and the one Meltan that you'll evolve into it, and that's it. Stakataka is interesting, and at least is a basic, plus you have two good lines that are with it - Crabominable and Sandslash.

I really was disappointed this time around by pre-release, though; it was very poorly balanced, *and* had mostly useless cards in it. It was a lot harder for my younger crew to win any games, if they didn't get Volcanion, than in past releases (like Team Up). I'm not sure what I'd have done differently if I were in charge, but definitely not this.

At the pre-pre-release I attended I managed to get Volcanion, but I wanted a Stakataka. Volcanion was good enough to play with in the pre-release but I traded it for the Stakataka because I love that Beast. I'm attending another pre-release this weeekend and I'm hoping for another Volcanion or Melmetal! I well and truly don't want Persian, no one wants that cat as it's useless; only one person that got it actually put it in their deck to play.

@snoopy369 I agree with pretty much everything you said. The prereleases haven’t started in my area (the ultra space) yet so I didn’t what came in the custom pack. I’m kinda looking forward for that Stakataka, because that Crabominanle looks quite good. I was never really a big fan of Melmetal’s ability anyway. I definitely think the promos could be better.

@ShaQuL I agree that Persian isn’t good, but it’s counterpart Persian GX is. Congrats on getting that Stakataka you wanted.

Can’t wait till prereleases come to my area soon.

@snoopy369 I agree with pretty much everything you said. The prereleases haven’t started in my area (the ultra space) yet so I didn’t what came in the custom pack. I’m kinda looking forward for that Stakataka, because that Crabominanle looks quite good. I was never really a big fan of Melmetal’s ability anyway. I definitely think the promos could be better.

@ShaQuL I agree that Persian isn’t good, but it’s counterpart Persian GX is. Congrats on getting that Stakataka you wanted.

Can’t wait till prereleases come to my area soon.
Thanks, and yeah in the pre-release any GX is good really. I lost one of my rounds to a Persian GX deck. I can't wait for the next one though, I hope to get some better pulls.

I want them all for my collection, Im greedy, and I scored one of each! Benefits of having kids I've got more opportunities to open the Pre-Release boxes :p Of course in saying that the only one I want a play set of is Volcanion.

I intimately had a busted pre release deck. I got volcanion. I also had melmetal. I got one gx which was a celesteela gx. I went 3-0 and had no issues with draw power having 2 cynthia, 2 greens search. And also the metal barriers.

Yeah, my Team Up deck was pretty busted too. I pulled a Lati TTGX, had Jirachi as my promo and got an escape board from evolution packs, you can see where this is going. I won 3-0 with that deck, and won 7 TEU packs. Score! Managed to pull a GengaKyu and FA Cobalion from those.

I really want the stakataka, personally. I would like to try a “Baby beast box” deck at some point with stakataka and Buzzwole; while I understand it won’t be anywhere close to the top decks, I think it’ll be fun to try out at least.

I had my prerelease today. I’ll provide details below.

I pulled Persian as my promo, and I was bummed out. I didn’t use it.

I ended up building a fire deck, because I got Incineroars from my evolution pack, and pulled a Volcanion from a pack. I’ll post my list below.

-4 Litten
-4 Torracat
-2 Incineroar
-1 Volcanion
-1 Cleffa

-1 Red’s Challenge
-2 Cynthia
-1 Pokémon Communication
-2 Escape Board
-1 Power Plant
-1 Looker
-1 Koga’s Trap
-1 Kahili
-1 Welder

-17 Fire Energy

I won all 3 matches with this deck. So, in part, I won 7 packs. I had fun, and am hoping to get some other good stuff from the packs. Bye!

I got 2 volcanion when I wanted 2 stakataka. If you know me even in the slightest, you would know that I like stall decks (look in my signature). its absolutely busted with the heccing 200 hp when you are losing by enough and that is perfect for my various memes.

Back