Help Starting again after pre-release Unbroken bonds

Pokemom

Pokémon Professor
Hi all, long time, no see. ;-)

After a worlds 2017, we had te stop playing for a while, but starting again soon. YAY!
To get new cards, we're playing the new pre-release Unbroken Bonds.
So a little help with building decks with these cards after that is welcome.
We're a family of 4 players, so more options for decks are welcome!

Which decks could be a good idea so we know what to trade e.g.?

If you are trying to use mostly Unbroken Bonds cards then I would suggest Buzzwole & Pheromosa GX of Gardevoir & Sylveon GX. (You can search for Japanese lists) Both are somewhat easy to pick up. I would say Buzz & Phero are med-high budget whereas Garde & Sylveon is low-medium budget. If you want the deck easiest to pickup I would suggest Pikachu & Zekrom GX decks. Though I would say Pikarom is high budget as easy pickup decks usually are. For a budget deck I would suggest Gengar Omastar. It's cheap, Easy to play but it's not that great. The best deck regardless of other factors would be Gardevoir & Sylveon in my opinion. Buzzmosa is a close second though.

I think that focusing on fire is probably your best bet for an easy to play deck - you'll need some cards from earlier expansions, but there's a ton of fire support (and fire Pokémon) in this one. Old fire decks include Charizard and Blacephalon GX; in this expansion you get Blacephelon (non-GX) as well as Heatran GX. All benefit from a lot of fire trainers in this expansion.

Thanks for the help! Let's see what the draws will be on Wednesday! Pre-release day! :D
Any must play cards at the moment? Like Shaymin-EX in 2017?
The decks don't have to be easy to play, but low budget is welcome. We are a family of four players, so we need to build four decks. ;)

My youngest liked to play Nightmarch
My oldest likes to play water decks (Greninja)
My husband... he just likes the color purple and a 50/50 chance of winning :)
And for me... I just like an easy cheap deck with the cards that are left over. Kangaskan was my favourite once.

Thanks for the help! Let's see what the draws will be on Wednesday! Pre-release day! :D
Any must play cards at the moment? Like Shaymin-EX in 2017?
The decks don't have to be easy to play, but low budget is welcome. We are a family of four players, so we need to build four decks. ;)

My youngest liked to play Nightmarch
My oldest likes to play water decks (Greninja)
My husband... he just likes the color purple and a 50/50 chance of winning :)
And for me... I just like an easy cheap deck with the cards that are left over. Kangaskan was my favourite once.
Dedenne GX seems to be the new shaymin ex :) definitely would get a couple copies each of hum

4x Blacephalon Baby Deck with Wielder , some fiery flint lot of energy retrieval 20 fire energie , lillie and you are set to top 1 most of the time!

If you are trying to use mostly Unbroken Bonds cards then I would suggest Buzzwole & Pheromosa GX of Gardevoir & Sylveon GX. (You can search for Japanese lists) Both are somewhat easy to pick up. I would say Buzz & Phero are med-high budget whereas Garde & Sylveon is low-medium budget. If you want the deck easiest to pickup I would suggest Pikachu & Zekrom GX decks. Though I would say Pikarom is high budget as easy pickup decks usually are. For a budget deck I would suggest Gengar Omastar. It's cheap, Easy to play but it's not that great. The best deck regardless of other factors would be Gardevoir & Sylveon in my opinion. Buzzmosa is a close second though.

buzzmosa will not be could if Charizard reshiram is good

So that means play Charizard and reshiram

baby blacephalon for the youngest
vikavolt for the oldest (similar feel to greninja)
gardevoir for the dad
weezing for you

@Pokemom

buzzmosa will not be could if Charizard reshiram is good

So that means play Charizard and reshiram
I agree with you. I originally thought reshzard would be mediocre against other decks but in reality it kills everything.

Back