• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard SUM-UNB: Fire Dragons, Foxes, and Lizards, Oh My!(R&C TTGX/Volcanion/Dragon Turtonator)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 18
3 Reshiram Charizard TTGX
3 Volcanion(UNB)
2 Turtonator(DRM)
3 Slugma(LOT)
2 Magcargo-GX(LOT)
2 Magcargo(CST)
2 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Victini Prism

Trainer: 31
4 Welder
2 Cynthia
2 Lillie
3 Guzma
2 Kiawe

4 Ultra Ball
2 Choice Band
2 Fiery Flint
2 Fire Crystal
2 Switch
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Viridian Forest
1 Heat Factory

Energy: 11
11 Fire

Strategy: Use Volcanion to set up R&C TTGX's Flare Strike attack and use it to deal KOs until 6 prizes are taken...Dragon Turtonator is there in case a non- GX attacker is needed to strike the foe, and/or if there are Waters in active, in which case he can cover for the other attackers in the deck by the power of its Dragon typing and thus weak to Fairy instead of Water. Magcargo-GX is there in case there's a situation in which more damage than the maximum amount of damage that an undamaged R&C can deal not considering GX attacks(Undamaged R&C can deal a max of 300 w/ its GX move, but after it is used, for the remainder of game, as long as it stays undamaged(meaning it can't use Outrage and expect to deal a max of 290, excluding damage enhancements of any kind), the max damage R&C can deal is Flare Strike's constant 230 excluding any and all kinds of damage enhancements) is necessary to OHKO Pokemon that have max HP greater than 260, such as M&AM TTGX, Mar&Mac GX, even the mirror R&C, and/or in case there's a situation which requires an evolution pokemon in order to attack, situations such as those caused by Vileplume BUS...

All in all, an interesting combo for the upcoming set...

But what am I missing? Comment away for improvement ideas!

Change Log:
4/18
-1 Kiawe
-1 Lt. Surge's Strategy
-1 Field Blower
-1 Choice Band

-2 Eevee (SUM)
-2 Flareon (SMP-171)

+4 Viridian Forest
+2 Slugma(LTH)
+2 Magcargo-GX(LTH)

^ Reasoning: In case 230 isn't enough, punishment shrine is not on the table, and an evolution pokemon is needed, Magcargo-GX can clean up. rewster1: Thank you for your input!

4/20
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Turtonator(DRM)

+1 Slugma(LOT)
+2 Magcargo(LOT)

Reasoning: While Smooth over is a good suggestion, Vileplume(BUS) and rare candy will wall my deck by stopping all my Basics if I take the Mag GX out of my list, as it's my sole non-Basic, if only a Stage 1, to make room for that, it pains me to think that 1 of the original 3 turtonators have to be dropped, unless I want to ruin my deck's main Trainer engine...

4/28/19
Strategy edited.

Reasoning: Better reflection of prior changes to my list...

Anyone else?

Last edited:
Missing a backup stadium. If they replace your heat factory with a different prism star stadium, it could really cramp your style. Viridian would combo with welder, I think.

See my top post for an updated version of my deck. Unintentional bump to inform you of list changes. Thanks.

Last edited:
-2 cargo GX +2 macargo

Good and bad suggestion.

Good due to Smooth over...

Bad because if I take the Stage 1 GX out, my entire deck could be walled by Vileplume BUS that keeps attacking. Vileplume(BUS) could be Choice Banded, 100 damage will be dealt every turn w/ ZERO chance to respond, game over.

^ So I had to cut both nest balls, and one of my 3 turtonators to make room for 1 more Slugma and two smooth overs... Everyone, what do you think?

Last edited:
Bad because if I take the Stage 1 GX out, my entire deck could be walled by Vileplume BUS that keeps attacking. Vileplume(BUS) could be Choice Banded, 100 damage will be dealt every turn w/ ZERO chance to respond, game over.
I was saying a 2-2 split, not take out all GX and replace with babys

Back