Set called Sky Legend. Of the flying types in this set, there are:

Rowlet in Rowlet and Eggs
Fletchinder
Talonflame
The Bird Trio GX
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Fletchling

So you're telling me, that in SKY LEGEND, there are only seven cards featuring flying types. 7/43 cards, not counting Full Arts, SR's, Trainer cards, etc. (I only took into account Pokemon in this).

Let's compare to Roaring Skies, shall we?

Beautifly
Tropius
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Articuno
Articuno AT
Wingull
Pelipper
Zapdos
Thundurus-EX
Natu
Natu AT
Xatu
Gligar
Gliscor
Hawlucha
Togetic
Togekiss
Togekiss AT
Dragonite
Dragonite AT
Altaria
Salamence
Rayquaza-EX (Dragon)
M Rayquaza-EX (Dragon)
Spearow
Fearow
Skarmory
Taillow
Swellow
Swellow AT
Swablu
Altaria AT
Rayquaza-EX
M Rayquaza-EX (best card ever)
Pidove
Tranquill
Unfezant
Unfezant AT
Fletchling

Not counting Full Arts, Trainers, or SR's, that's 39 out of 82. Just under HALF the Pokemon in this set are flying type.
See the deal here? Roaring Skies did the flying type theme properly. A mix of both birds AND other flying types, maintaining a Sky theme, whilst also continuing the Hoenn themes that Primal Clash started. If you're doing a themed set, this is how you do it.

Why is it so hard for them to make appealing sets with coherent themes anymore? It's really more of a minor complaint compared to something like artificial set bloating, but I know that there's people like Crystal Pidgeot who were looking really forward to this set assuming that it was going to be like Roaring Skies but BETTER. I was hoping for that too, but what do we get?

Another muddled thematic disaster, like all of the recent Sun and Moon sets. <3

Last edited:

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
NO PLEASE NO, I DONT WANT A POKE-MANIAC FULL ART PLEASE NO NO NO NO. NO NOOOOO, I will cry....

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Set called Sky Legend. Of the flying types in this set, there are:

Rowlet in Rowlet and Eggs
Fletchinder
Talonflame
The Bird Trio GX
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Fletchling

So you're telling me, that in SKY LEGEND, there are only seven cards featuring flying types. 7/43 cards, not counting Full Arts, SR's, Trainer cards, etc. (I only took into account Pokemon in this).

Let's compare to Roaring Skies, shall we?

Beautifly
Tropius
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Articuno
Articuno AT
Wingull
Pelipper
Zapdos
Thundurus-EX
Natu
Natu AT
Xatu
Gligar
Gliscor
Hawlucha
Togetic
Togekiss
Togekiss AT
Dragonite
Dragonite AT
Altaria
Salamence
Latios-EX
M Latios-EX
Rayquaza-EX (Dragon)
M Rayquaza-EX (Dragon)
Spearow
Fearow
Skarmory
Taillow
Swellow
Swellow AT
Swablu
Altaria AT
Rayquaza-EX
M Rayquaza-EX (best card ever)
Pidove
Tranquill
Unfezant
Unfezant AT
Fletchling

Not counting Full Arts, Trainers, or SR's, that's 41 out of 82. HALF the Pokemon in this set are flying type.
See the deal here? Roaring Skies did the flying type theme properly. A mix of both birds AND other flying types, maintaining a Sky theme, whilst also continuing the Hoenn themes that Primal Clash started. If you're doing a themed set, this is how you do it.

Why is it so hard for them to make appealing sets with coherent themes anymore? It's really more of a minor complaint compared to something like artificial set bloating, but I know that there's people like Crystal Pidgeot who were looking really forward to this set assuming that it was going to be like Roaring Skies but BETTER. I was hoping for that too, but what do we get?

Another muddled thematic disaster, like all of the recent Sun and Moon sets. <3

Seems good to me

These aren't "flying type" but you can find them in the sky:
Victini has wings and flys
Froslass floats
Cyagonal has levitate
Magnemite line floats
Koffing line has levitate
Lake guardians have levitate
Poipole floats
Nag has wings
Silvally can be flying with memory (this one is actually flying type)

Yen

Aspiring Trainer
That Lickilicky looks to be very disruptive. A mill/discard/Energy removal attack in one.? With TCE, that's a a massive deal for one energy attachment. not to mention the new supporter can search it and Lickitung out and it has muscle pad to boost its fat health. interested to see where it goes

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
This are the cards that didn't have cards in the Sun and Moon era after this set:

Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Exeggutor*

Sentret
Furret
Pichu
Igglybuff
Bellossom
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Zigzagoon
Linoone
Azurill
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Wynaut
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Relicanth

Kricketot
Kricketune
Budew
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Ambipom
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Munchlax
Finneon
Lumineon
Mantyke
Gallade

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Woobat
Swoobat
Drilbur
Excadrill
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Throh
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Basculin
Maractus
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Ducklett
Swanna
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Foongus
Amoonguss
Frillish
Jellicent
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Elgyem
Beheeyem
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Rufflet
Braviary
Terrakion

Quilladin
Chesnaught
Swirlix
Slurpuff

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
That lickilicky is oddly powerful. Crunching ice pick would go well this card. Discard your opponents hand, discard their next top deck so that they have a harder option to get out of it, then get rid of their energy. All for one energy attachment!!! Am I weird to see that's really powerful?

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
That Tapu Fini existing is a sign that the designers regretted making Blacephelon-GX in the first place. I mean, it is so obvious a counter card that nearly anyone who knows the meta could notice that! xD

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
This are the cards that didn't have cards in the Sun and Moon era after this set:

Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Exeggutor*

Sentret
Furret
Pichu
Igglybuff
Bellossom
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Zigzagoon
Linoone
Azurill
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Wynaut
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Relicanth

Kricketot
Kricketune
Budew
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Ambipom
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Munchlax
Finneon
Lumineon
Mantyke
Gallade

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Woobat
Swoobat
Drilbur
Excadrill
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Throh
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Basculin
Maractus
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Ducklett
Swanna
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Foongus
Amoonguss
Frillish
Jellicent
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Elgyem
Beheeyem
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Rufflet
Braviary
Terrakion

Quilladin
Chesnaught
Swirlix
Slurpuff

Look at all those Gen 5 mons. It's a complete disgrace.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Look at all those Gen 5 mons. It's a complete disgrace.
Yep. For the best generation ever, they really don't like representing it. Must be all the negativity it got back in the day.

It's really nice to know that a lot of people have turned around and grew to like it a lot, but I wish Pokemon would get to representing some more of the gen 5 pokemon who haven't got cards in upwards of 5 or 6 years. Darmanitan, my favorite pokemon, FINALLY getting one in Dragon Majesty (and another in...whatever that set it came in, I lost track with recent sets)was such a good feeling. I hope others get that treatment sooner or later.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu fini the ultimate Blacephalon Gx counter love it but still hate the fact the Legendary Bird card is weak to lighting so it will never see the light of day, but at least it looks cool.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I would really like the new Lickilicky disruption abilities if it wasn't a 130 HP stage 1... Yeah with buff padding it's 180, but it's still conditional. The Magnezone... I don't know but I feel it must be useful for something one day. The discard tactics for Weezing and Arbok are funny... Weezing is literally only useful as discard fodder poor thing lol.

Aside from Flynium Z, and the chubby chaser Pokemaniac, the rest of the set is the usual filler garbage mons without theme or reason to be there... oh well at least we have Miracle Twins to look forward as an actual set with playable cards, and as something that makes Unified Minds actually worth to open... if not, I will probably skip it.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Also wow, it is really sad that the set's face is KO'd out by a random electric mon on the set with just the help of one additional card, taking 3 prizes for game.

Vaskemaskinen

Henlo ^^
This Naganadel will probably be good with malamar since we wont have Guzma to take out benched pokemon.
Cant catch them up? Knock them out where they are!