'Detective Pikachu' TCG Products Announced for Spring!

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Easy to get Bulbasaur and Psyduck in the UK but Smyths toys? There's hardly any in my area.

Thats the beauty of a retailer promo! :) to be fair will be like 99p on ebay still as will come into store in boxes of 100 and half he staff will lift them and stick em up for sale!

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
What on earth is Toy Mate

Why have I never heard of this

This is the true extent of the power vacuum that was created when Toys R Us died

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Good thing there's like 5 Walmarts within 45 mins from where I live! :D

I am willing to trade with anyone who needs these promos. Please check my Trades post in the forums!

autogatos

Aspiring Trainer
Walmart probably not, but tbh Target might actually be not that difficult to work with. We kept up really well with our exclusives, be it toys or electronics.
Probably depends on the store. My Target can't even manage to put PTCG products out on release day, let alone actually know what or when things will be available. Last time I tried asking about something that I knew was supposed to be out, the guy I spoke to literally just went on the website on his phone and said "Oh it says not sold in stores..."
They finally put them out in the store a week after release.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Probably depends on the store. My Target can't even manage to put PTCG products out on release day, let alone actually know what or when things will be available. Last time I tried asking about something that I knew was supposed to be out, the guy I spoke to literally just went on the website on his phone and said "Oh it says not sold in stores..."
They finally put them out in the store a week after release.

Yeah, don't even bother talking to regular employees at these stores about this stuff (unless you just like messing with them). Only managers have a chance of knowing anything.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
yeah, normally its a totally different company that stocks cards. even when i do catch one of them, they are like 'idk, try a different store' and im like 'you should know this shit'. i know TRU would have a whole event for stuff... this will probably be like when Target did the shiny Magikarps. a person in the electronics dpt. with a card box of promos. but yeah, it would be nice to know a date for this. my money is on the 29th

Last edited:

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Do you know who I will have to talk to? Someone at the service desk, toy department, or other?
At my Target, you would have talked to our electronics department bc that's who recieved our gaming-related merch. As for regular cards, they are stocked by an entirely seperate company, but when we gave out promo pokemon codes it was always through the electeonics department. That's how we handled the exclusive Pikachu pops.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
At my Target, you would have talked to our electronics department bc that's who recieved our gaming-related merch. As for regular cards, they are stocked by an entirely seperate company, but when we gave out promo pokemon codes it was always through the electeonics department. That's how we handled the exclusive Pikachu pops.
Inside info! Thanks for the tip.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
So there's still 1 Detective Pikachu card yet to be revealed...The official website states there are 27 cards yet we currently have 26 (18 from the set + 3 GX promos + 2 Detective Pikachu promos + 3 in-store event promos). Must be a special Pokémon, possibly Mew.

Some of the products for the Japanese set have been revealed and the 3 GXs were revealed. Based on their card numbers in the set, their set of 24 consists of our 18 + 3 GXs + 3 in-store event promos. Although the Detective Pikachu in their set is our promo 'Brilliant Deduction' one. The products revealed 2 Detective Pikachu promo cards, one is the 'Scout' one that is in our set, and the other is a brand new one (which will no doubt be our promo SM170 in the Figure Collection). So that's all 26 cards as well. Their set did say 24 + ???, so perhaps it means that this unrevealed 27th card will be a secret rare in the Japan set? Otherwise what a tease to have the "+ ???" but turns out there were no secrets and it is just 24.

Last edited:

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Does a withe holo star mean it is more rare?
Whilst every card in the set is holo, rarity still does exist. I'm presuming (And since the cards do come out today we'll find out) that the white star means rarity equivalent to a holo normally.