Help When is GRI rotating?

Abso

Aspiring Trainer
I'm kinda new to the PTCG I'm not quite sure how rotations work yet, but my main concern is when is Tapu lele GX rotating out. I still don't get one because I can't afford that and the rest of the cards I want to play.

The title refers to Guardians Rising because I also care about Alolan Vulpix.

Rotations happen once per year, usually after the World Championships (which are held in August). Unless something abnormal happens like
  • when Nintendo took over from Wizards of the Coast
  • a massive revision to the rules "broke" multiple older cards at once
  • whim of TPCi (I mean, it could happen)
it should happen the last week of August or first week of September. Typically, three to five full-size sets are rotated. SM - Guardians Rising is the set that released after Sun & Moon. We're currently in a Sun & Moon-On format for Standard, ego it is all but guaranteed that SM - Guardians Rising will be gone come September.

If you are worried about Tapu Lele GX a new Dedenne GX comes out in the next set. When you bench it you may discard your hand and draw 6. (Only once per turn)

Plus there's Jirachi from Team Up with the Stellar Wish ability (look at the top 5 cards of your deck and grab a Trainer you find). Jirachi is a bit pricey (around $20) but it's still an option

Plus there's Jirachi from Team Up with the Stellar Wish ability (look at the top 5 cards of your deck and grab a Trainer you find). Jirachi is a bit pricey (around $20) but it's still an option
Jirachi is still only a buck or two more than Lele, if you're going purely off price. The problem is that a lot of Jirachi decks need more Jirachi than Lele decks need Leles, so a full deck that used three to four of them would end up costing $20-$40 more than using one or two Leles. Still, Jirachi isn't going to rotate for a while yet, so they are the better investment in the long run. If you're not using a switch/retreat-heavy deck, waiting for Dedenne-GX (Basically Sycamore+Shaymin-EX) is, as @Pokenerd pointed out, probably your best bet.

Back