• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard DUSK-MANE NECROZMA GX

DOMO96

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, first time poster here so go easy on me.

This is my current Dusk Mane Necrozma list, which seems to run pretty consistently for me on both PTCGO and in real life testing. I know it's not the most competitive deck in the format, however its a tonne of fun to play and seems to suit my more aggressive play-style.

The aim is to always go first and an optimal turn 1 entails benching 2 Magnemite (giving you a guaranteed rare candy target turn 2) and then getting off a Steven's Resolve to set yourself up for the turn 2 Magnezone. Getting off the turn one steven's, I believe, puts the opponent in a difficult position for their first turn; forcing them to choose between hindering my set up through let loose or judge which also shrinks their hand size, or going for their own set up.

From there, the deck strategy is pretty self explanatory; once momentum builds on this thing, its really hard to stop and 220 damage per turn is no joke. Should you fall behind on prizes Suns Eclipse GX is a fantastic attack to take a big knock out and swing the game in some instances.

Onix is in there purely for the PikaRom matchup; Magnezone can power up this thing in a turn, and it can be slapped down onto your bench out of nowhere through nest ball, or even a pre-emptive steven's. OHKO'ing a 3 prize attacker through use of a non GX basic sounds good to me!

I wanted to use a steven's based engine as i didnt want to be using my supporter for the turn hoping that i draw into the rare candy or the magnezone. I want to be guaranteed those cards in my hand, and with a bit of foresight, stevens can be so so powerful early game.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts guys! Very interested to see where i could go with this deck, and any changes you would make. As i mentioned, i know itll never be the most powerful or most meta defining deck but id love to make it as competitive as possible!

Thanks!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Onix LOT 109
* 3 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX UPR 90
* 4 Magnemite UPR 81
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 3 Magnezone UPR 83
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Lady FLI 109
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Mt. Coronet UPR 130
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Ultra Ball PLB 90
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Steven’s Resolve CES 145
* 1 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Lillie UPR 125

##Energy - 12

* 12 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Okay, (and this isn’t just you) but what is the deal with Onix?!?
Steven’s Resolve is an interesting choice. How’s it working in your testing?
Energy Retrieval, in my opinion, is a no no. Your slot would better be suited to the 4th Rare Candy, I think.
Happy testing!
Welcome, by the way.

Wechselbalg

brb
Energy Retrieval, in my opinion, is a no no. Your slot would better be suited to the 4th Rare Candy, I think.
Happy testing!
Welcome, by the way.

Onix 1-shots Pikarom, it's an auto-include for every deck that can accelerate energy.

DOMO96

Aspiring Trainer
Happy testing!
Welcome, by the way.

Onix is purely for the one shot on pikaroms as dusk mane cant quite hit the numbers after factoring in pikaroms resistance to metal.

Steven's has been working well in all honesty. It does have its quite obvious drawbacks like leaving you wide open to an opponents let loose or judge but i feel like in a lot of decks at the moment the count for these cards is rather low. It's a difficult one, because in essence its a great card, its just hugely dependent on what your opponent is running.

Energy retrieval has come in clutch a couple times after using mt. coronet for the turn and then still needing an extra energy or two, but i can definitely see the reasoning for cutting it for something which increases my chance of a turn two magnezone.

Wechselbalg

brb
By the way, have you considered 1 copy of Jasmine? I think it's slightly better than Steven if you have to go second. It can't search the candy, but if you play 4 copies of RC you have a good chance of starting with it in your opening hand or drawing into it with a T2 Lillie.
UPR 81 Magnemite is better against spread of course, but if you play the UPR 80 Magnemite and go second you can Jasmine and then use Magnemite's attack to search for 3 metal energy. This way you can have a very strong T2 if you already have rare candy in your hand and got a Magnezone among other things with Jasmine.

DOMO96

Aspiring Trainer
By the way, have you considered 1 copy of Jasmine? I think it's slightly better than Steven if you have to go second. It can't search the candy, but if you play 4 copies of RC you have a good chance of starting with it in your opening hand or drawing into it with a T2 Lillie.
UPR 81 Magnemite is better against spread of course, but if you play the UPR 80 Magnemite and go second you can Jasmine and then use Magnemite's attack to search for 3 metal energy. This way you can have a very strong T2 if you already have rare candy in your hand and got a Magnezone among other things with Jasmine.

Hmm, a one of jasmine sounds good, I may try dropping to 3 cynthia to accommodate and also drop the retrieval for an extra rare candy as suggested above. Like you say, going second its very very strong with that added utility of thinning the deck of 5 cards. Maybe a 2-2 split of magnemites would be an option?

DOMO96

Aspiring Trainer
I think this deck would love one or two Brock’s Grit.

For me personally, i dont feel that brocks grit quite suits the way i want to go about playing the deck, i can see its utility but i just feel its a little slow for this deck as you need to get those cards back out of the deck should you need them. Ive been thinking of a 1 of fisherman instead of this

Wechselbalg

brb
Yes, if you play Jasmine you can go 2-2 with the Magnemites. The UPR 81 Magnemite is good, but since you will want to evolve them into Magnezone anyway you might as well get additional value out of your Magnemites by also by also playing the UPR 80 one.