'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Look I'm super sympathetic to the fact that certain Pokemon fall through the cracks for too long (Sunkern and Sunflora not appearing in the Johto-based set last year was bleak), and that the TCG is pretty much desperate with its Charizard pandering to sell packs in Gen 7, but there are still SEVERAL sets left before Gen 8 for a lot of these forgotten Pokemon to appear -- GG End's still got a good 20-30 cards to reveal, and there's also Sky Legends in April (54 cards), and Miracle Twin (95 cards) after that, BEFORE this Remix Bout set comes out in July.

I keep a running spreadsheet of each Pokemon's last appearances, and 696/809 have appeared in the SM era, which isn't that bad considering the 113 omitted include a dozen-plus non-Togepi/Riolu Baby Pokemon (which, until Double Blaze, were all but abandoned for a decade) and Kadabra. Especially when doubling up on popular Pokemon has been an aspect of the Pokemon selection in the TCG since jump. Kadabra aside, the last time a Generation actually featured every single Pokemon in the TCG was Gen 4 a decade ago. I don't expect all 112 remaining Pokemon to appear before Sword and Shield but it could be worse in terms of featuring everyone. *side eyes Gen 5's TCG era*
64 of the 113 Pokemon are Gen 5 mon, so that means over half of all mon not in Gen 7 sets are Gen 5. This is why we need a dedicated Gen 5 set or at least have the remaining sets this gen with 10+ Gen 5 Pokémon in them each.

GG End could have the Axew line, because it's Dragon related.

Sky Legends seems to be based on Flying Pokémon, so that could mean we see Tornadus and Thundurus due to them being Flying Type Legendaries. I'd also like to see Pidove, Ducklett and Ruflett lines make it to this set.

Remix Bout may be a Starter related set, which means we could see the Gen 5 Starters finally appearing in this Gen.

Miracle Twin may also feature Pokémon in doubles, so like Throh and Sawk, the former of which we haven't seen yet.

I'm guessing we also have the mini set after Remix Bout and the final set in September, though that one's probably only going to have reprints.

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
WOW YES, they actually made 3 Kanto sets, yet not a single BW one. :/

Jeeze, I just hope this set is starter related and not a 3rd Kanto set.

We can only dream of Infernape GX, Torterra GX and Empoleon GX ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gamerdynasty4ever

Aspiring Trainer
The word "Remix", reminds me of Remix 10 from Rhythm Heaven Fever. Hopefully, this set includes a lot more than just reprints of Kanto cards from other sets. Although it would be nice to have new artwork for reprints, it would be a disappointment if this was this last set.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Maybe like how the 3brid getting a big gx, they want to give us a 3pokemon gx with the starters. They featuring in the booster might not be a full indicator of a kanto set, it could be a kalos set with a sudden way to introduce the mega evolution back for one last draw.

And i though the gg end is part dragon part unova set

Look I'm super sympathetic to the fact that certain Pokemon fall through the cracks for too long (Sunkern and Sunflora not appearing in the Johto-based set last year was bleak), and that the TCG is pretty much desperate with its Charizard pandering to sell packs in Gen 7, but there are still SEVERAL sets left before Gen 8 for a lot of these forgotten Pokemon to appear -- GG End's still got a good 20-30 cards to reveal, and there's also Sky Legends in April (54 cards), and Miracle Twin (95 cards) after that, BEFORE this Remix Bout set comes out in July.

I keep a running spreadsheet of each Pokemon's last appearances, and 696/809 have appeared in the SM era, which isn't that bad considering the 113 omitted include a dozen-plus non-Togepi/Riolu Baby Pokemon (which, until Double Blaze, were all but abandoned for a decade) and Kadabra. Especially when doubling up on popular Pokemon has been an aspect of the Pokemon selection in the TCG since jump. Kadabra aside, the last time a Generation actually featured every single Pokemon in the TCG was Gen 4 a decade ago. I don't expect all 112 remaining Pokemon to appear before Sword and Shield but it could be worse in terms of featuring everyone. *side eyes Gen 5's TCG era*

On a differnet note, min sharing those spreadsheet with me, im kinda curious myself on those pokemon

RealArity

Cold Weather-seeker
Great... another Kanto set that, given the word "remix", is just gonna be more reprints of Gen 1 cards. How disappointing. I'm still waiting for the Froslass card for Gen 7 which just seems more and more unlikely (unless she gets paired with Glalie on a TTGX card in GG End).

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe like how the 3brid getting a big gx, they want to give us a 3pokemon gx with the starters. They featuring in the booster might not be a full indicator of a kanto set, it could be a kalos set with a sudden way to introduce the mega evolution back for one last draw.

And i though the gg end is part dragon part unova set

On a differnet note, min sharing those spreadsheet with me, im kinda curious myself on those pokemon
64 are from Gen 5, though I suspect the rest are from Gens 2-4, since those Gens introduced baby Pokémon and GF don't care about those Gens, but Gen 5 even less.

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
Also, for people wondering why they're doing so much Kanto as of late, you all do realize Let's Go is the game that's out, right? It's the same deal that they did with ORAS sets, or BW2 sets back in the day. It's just what they do nowadays, make cards to go with the game that's most recent.
I'm not sure they do this because of the games. While Gardevoir, Altaria, and some others were printed a bunch of times (including megas), gen 3 pokemon like Mudkip and Linoone and many more were only in one set during the ORAS era. (also for some reason meowth was in 6/10 sets during from Primal Clash through Evolutions). Plus there were two set dedicated to gen 1 (Generations and Evolutions) of the 10 ORAS sets.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
They wouldn't make them if they didn't sell well. Face it, folks: Gen 1 is the most popular one.
Is it really though? Pretty sure people would buy them anyway. Only reason why LGPE sold well is because they're the first real Pokémon games on the Switch and we've been starved of Spin-offs.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm not sure they do this because of the games. While Gardevoir, Altaria, and some others were printed a bunch of times (including megas), gen 3 pokemon like Mudkip and Linoone and many more were only in one set during the ORAS era. (also for some reason meowth was in 6/10 sets during from Primal Clash through Evolutions). Plus there were two set dedicated to gen 1 (Generations and Evolutions) of the 10 ORAS sets.

Ah, sorry, when I meant the ORAS sets I should have specified that I meant everything from Primal Clash to Ancient Origins, which covered most of generation 3, flagship legendaries and all. The break era I consider it's own seperate part of the XY series where they introduced a gimmick and kinda just based the sets around that, along with what was topical in the anime (Zygarde EX, Ash-Greninja EX, etc.), the movies (Steam Siege), and the 20th anniversary (Generations/Evolutions). While not necessarily the games, in this case Pokemon likes to have their sets coincide with what was topical at that point. There was no mainline game in 2015 (or most of 2016), but they still (loosely) had some of the cards coincide with what was going on.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Kanto: Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam
Johto: Sentret, Furret, Pichu, Igglybuff, Bellossom, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby
Hoenn: Zigzagoon, Linoone, Azurill, Lileep, Cradily, Anorith, Armaldo, Wynaut, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Relicanth
Sinnoh: Kricketot, Kricketune, Budew, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Ambipom, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Munchlax, Finneon, Lumineon, Mantyke, Gallade, Froslass
Kalos: Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Swirlix, Slurpuff

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I know I would like a Pidgeot-GX since ultra rares of Pokemon are the only things that really matter. If its something like a Pidgeot, Staraptor and Talonflame-GX tag team then that would be cool too. I just want the bird Pokemon to be treated better than they are currently.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I know I would like a Pidgeot-GX since ultra rares of Pokemon are the only things that really matter. If its something like a Pidgeot, Staraptor and Talonflame-GX tag team then that would be cool too. I just want the bird Pokemon to be treated better than they are currently.

Man, you're really making me want a good Staraptor right now. How long has it been since the Level X, 10 years almost? I actually would like to see some of the birds get better treatment than they do, Unfezant and Noctowl are long due for something nice.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Man, you're really making me want a good Staraptor right now. How long has it been since the Level X, 10 years almost? I actually would like to see some of the birds get better treatment than they do, Unfezant and Noctowl are long due for something nice.
Luckily, it seems we are getting a Flying focused set. There are a lot of Unovan Flying Types that haven't made it to cards yet.

Kanto: Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam
Johto: Sentret, Furret, Pichu, Igglybuff, Bellossom, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby
Hoenn: Zigzagoon, Linoone, Azurill, Lileep, Cradily, Anorith, Armaldo, Wynaut, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Relicanth
Sinnoh: Kricketot, Kricketune, Budew, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Ambipom, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Munchlax, Finneon, Lumineon, Mantyke, Gallade, Froslass
Kalos: Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Swirlix, Slurpuff

Unova: Snivy, Servine, Serpiror, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Munna, Musharna, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Woobat, Swoobat, Drilbur, Excadrill, Audino, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Throh, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Basculin, Maractus, Dwebble, Crustle, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen, Archeops, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Foongus, Amoonguss, Frillish, Jellicent, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Cryogonal, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Rufflet, Braviary, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus