• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Landorus/Lucario GX

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I was looking at landorus from double blaze and i came up with this list:

##Pokémon - 14
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113 (draw engine)
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74 (damage modifier)
* 4 Landorus SM10 (early game spread)
Landorus – Fighting – HP120
Basic Pokemon
[F] Linear Attack: This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon (don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon).
[F][C] Power Cyclone: 60 damage. Move an Energy from this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
* 4 Riolu UPR 66
* 3 Lucario-GX PR-SM 100 (main attacker)

##Trainers - 34
* 4 Nest Ball
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 Super Scoop Up
* 4 Cynthia
* 4 Lillie
* 3 Choice Band
* 3 Fighting Dojo SM10
Fighting Dojo – Trainer
Stadium
The attacks of Pokemon with basic [F] Energy attached (both yours and your opponent’s) do 10 more damage. If there is a player with more Prize cards remaining, the attacks of their Pokemon with basic [F] Energy attached do 40 more damage instead. (This Stadium does not apply to Ultra Beasts.)
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
* 4 Guzma
* 4 Acrobike

##Energies - 12
* 12 Fighting Energies

The idea is to start with landorus and spread damage on the field to set up KOs for Lucario. With landorus’ second attack you start charging your benched riolus, so that their ready to get in play. With the new stadium, diancie, choice band and the damage spread with landorus you can OHKO anything. There’s alsoo weakness bonus against zoroark and pikarom. Also with diancie and the stadium landorus can ko 60 hp basic pokemon in the active, which is very good.

Since you're gonna be moving energy from Landorus to the bench at some point, wouldn't it be better to find another target for the moved energy other than Lucario-GX? Lucario can deal damage with a single energy already, and its second attack is not useful. The only thing that comes to mind is Buzzwole-GX for now, or possibly Marshadow & Machamp-GX.

The idea is to eventually charge up a possible cyclone kick.
Unfortunately for Lucario, I agree with @AntiYouJD on this one. 130 base (max 220) isn’t the number you want to be hitting if you can hit higher. I will say to AntiYouJD that the Fighting Dojo Stadium doesn’t apply to Ultra Beasts, so Buzzwole probably wouldn’t be the best option. You’d REALLY want to go M&M TTGX if you want to, but the best regular GX option (or any option besides M&M) is Lucario GX, so you hit that right.
It’s your choice at this point.

Buzzwole already has beast ring to charge up and is already a damage spreader, it is useless to play it with landorus. M&M TTGX is one of the worst tag team ever since, and I personally hate TTGXs, a 3 prize liability is half of your game. Lucario is the best option because I don't need to play it down unless I really need to, and I can pick it up with scoop up without being punished from losing the energy attched since it attacks for one. Also it smashes the relevant things in meta, has a good gx attack, and you can always use tha second attack, that is a ohko on those annoying basic non gx pokemon. The only matchup that scares me is the giratina/malamar.

Back