SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
You lose against lost match and other non-gx decks, though.
That is the reason ultra necrozma is good. It's your auto win to lost march that the deck most definitely needs.
And don't say that malamar can just prize trade with baby tina.
If we're going to compare stuff, what's easier:
Attaching an energy to a jumpluff/natu and taking a KO
or
Having a free retreater in the front (preferably jirachi), 2 minimum malamar on the bench (if you go this route you need an energy), and a tina in the discard.
My point is that lost march just needs an energy and an attacker, and malamar needs a fully set-up bench.
Guzma makes this task very hard.
The matchup can be swayed with spell tag, but no one plays that right now, and you definitely won't be playing it with the dragon type (what's the ship name) gartina (?).
With the quick skeleton I created yesterday, ChompTina runs a baby Koko or two, which helps against the Lost March matchup. You also make it seem like Lost March has absolutely no setup required, and while that setup is very explosive and not too difficult to get going, it's still incorrect. While Malamar does have a lot of combo pieces required, they aren't hard to get set up, much like Lost March. Prize trading with Giratina isn't impossible. So yes, Ultra Necrozma does have the better matchup against Lost March, but your matchup against 2/3 prize attackers is better than Ultras. Pros and cons.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Black Belt - Its a F type Counter Gain. It makes atk even cheaper but sacrificing the fact that you can't use Choice Band. Buzzwole can Jet Punch for free, Garchomp can do 200 for DCE. Marchamp can do atks for FFF maximum (still expensive. Not buying it)
    Who needs double dragon energy when you can attach a black belt to giratina/garchomp and not use fighting energy.
    Hammers is a thing.
    4 Geodudes

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
While this is absolutely neat for G & G TTGX, do note that they need more spread damage if they are without choice band to KO other Tag Team GXs.

With Black Belt, there need to be at least three damage counters on a defending pokémon with 270 HP. With Choice Band, there only needs to be one damage counter.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
So... since this card and the Black Belt from Triumphant apparently have different names in Japanese, but share the same name in English between the item and Trainer class, could you only have up to 4 in any combination of those cards?

...I know this only applies to Unlimited, but still... Considering how TCPi usually goes out of their way to avoid printing cards with the exact same name unless it's a reprint, I find this kind of interesting :D

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I updated my speculation:

"Creatures has chosen to hide the corner of Drifblim’s artwork because it features something they don’t want revealed yet. To me it looks like it might be Raichu and Alolan Raichu next to each other, which would mean a Raichu & Alolan Raichu-GX is in the set (hence the “Tag Carry” Ability). The colors seem to match with the two Pokemon and I think I even see part of Alolan Raichu’s tail peeking out of the blurred part. But what do you think it could be?"

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Creatures has chosen to hide the corner of Drifblim’s artwork because it features something they don’t want revealed yet. What do you think it could be?
A bit wild hypothesis: it could be a new Pokémon from newest generations they didn't revealed yet… but that couldn't happen, could it? :)

Wechselbalg

brb
Ohh, how cheeky. The colors do look similar to the color palette of Alolan Raichu. It'd be cooler if it was a gen 8 pokemon though. Plus I really don't want another lightning type TTGX.

Also, please stop buffing TTGXes. Oh well, guess that can't be avoided.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Drifblim - Based on the blurred image, it got to be Raichus. On Drifblim itself, I like this. A 1-of in some TTGX decks since TTGX are having high Retreat. The Basics tho are not worth it. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Tag Switch - 5 Geodudes. TTGX often use the extra effect on their GX atk, but after that, it has excess energy on there. Well, we have Tag Switch and nvr lose more energy again.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
SHTOP BUFFIN’ TE TAG TEAMS!
Some of these Tag Teams are cancerous enough without you goin’ and givin’ them help (hem hem Gardeon and Celesaur). The fact that it doesn’t even say Basic, and it says 2 is troubling, because Energy Switch from SM Base says 1 Basic, not 2 anything! Tag Teams these days... and just look how much support Lost March got when it came out! Imagine that much support for Tag Teams... it’s almost sickening. And Drifblim, I guess that’s OK, nobody’s going to go and evolve that, so even though it’s really helpful, it comes at a price. Thank you for not having it as a Basic.
Yes, it’s definitely the Raichu gang. Unless it’s actually just Goomy wearing the duo as a hat...

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
That Tag Switch is goofy good with Max Potion being reprint during the same block.

Would be funny if we got that Machamp back that knocks out anything that's not an evolution.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Drifblim would have been an alright one-of if it was a basic. IDK I would rather just use the actual card Switch instead.

Hype for them Raichus tho.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I like Tag Switch a lot. For one, it helps get a Tag Team's GX attack's extra requirement ready (mainly Tag Bolt and Double Blaze). If the GX attack was already used, it can move away any extra energy to something else.

AlittleSTARme

Aspiring Trainer
hmmm not sure how i feel about this pherabuzz after takeing 5 prizes could add energy to another pherabuzz or charazrd and rusheram could get pretty good with this so we will see how this goes...