• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Baby Zoroark Deck

Zster

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon 16

4 Zorua (PR-SM83)
2 Zoroark (TEU-91)
3 Darkrai GX (BUS-88)
1 Ditto ♢ (LOT-154)
3 Zoroark GX (SLG-53)
2 Tapu Lele GX (GRI-60)
1 Magcargo (CES-24)

Trainers 34

3 Lillie
4 Nest Ball
4 Ultra Ball
4 Dangerous Drill
4 Multi Switch
1 Black Market ♢
3 Guzma
3 Choice Band
2 Devoured Field
2 Professor Kukui
4 Cynthia

Energy 10

4 Double Colorless Energy - Special
6 Darkness Energy - Basic

Strategy

The strategy of this deck is to use baby zoroark as a main attacker. It can swing for 200 base damage as a non-gx stage 1, and although the attack cost seems less than optimal, we can get it going in one turn using dce, restoration, and multi switch onto an active baby zoroark. In terms of sending pokemon to the discard pile, we use a combination of trade, ultra ball, and dangerous drill. Discarding a darkrai gx also helps pay our attack cost. Ditto and magcargo are simply for consistency boosting, same with lele, which we want to use turn one to grab a Lillie to get our bench set up right out of the gate via nest ball and ultra ball. Black Market Prism Star is great in this deck as it makes our main attacker give up zero prizes as long as we have a dark energy attached, which we will scince we need it to attack. Guzma is for taking valuable knock outs and damaging your opponents board. choice band, devoured field, and kukui are here to hit numbers such as 240 with choice band and devoured field to one shot that pikarom for a three prize ko, keep in mind that dangerous drill is able to remove buff pads and we play stadiums to remove prism star stadiums and shrines and aether paradise conservation areas. Cynthias are standard for consistency, and the energy is needed to attack.

Please make any suggestions of changes you want that do not change the overall strategy, and remember to say what should be removed in addition to what should be added. What do you think of thisdeck in general, please let me know, thanks everyone!

Swap out Darkai Gx for Girantina, That way when your forced to use your Zoroark GX as an attacker you can do bench damage to your opponent and not have easily targeted 2 prizers on the bench.

Edit: Also have your tired using arco bike to help get pokemon in your discard? Also for draw support - Sophocles?

Last edited:
I know I'm commenting again, however Acerola, that way once your Zoroark Gx's has taken a lot of damage, you can scoop him up and use Zorua for the team up version, If you have a Ultraball in hand you can discard him for more damage, and have those energies to be put onto the new team up version.

Fairchaos thanks for the advice, have tried acro bike, and it really helped a lot, your suggestion seem good, however how would I pay the attack cost?

Well I wouldn't use them to fight, you can use Counter Energy to use them in case of emergencies, their really there as 1 prizers that boost your zoroark GX's attack, if you have nothing else to attack with. Considering that Your using Zoroark Team up as your main attacker, once you have enough pokemon in the discard.

Since your focusing on your Zoroarks, it's better to lose 1 prize card with no energies that does bench damage then losing a a 2 prizer with 2/3 energies for back up attackers. Also you can keep the fight between your Zoroarks and use them as a means of stalling because your opponent isn't going to want to take more bench damage from taking out a Giratini. Making him use up precious resources getting him out of the active, which gives you better field control.

I would also really consider Acerola, because if your opponent cannot one shot anything your throwing at him, you can scoop him up and Ultra ball/trade that GX to get more cards and your main attacker up and running a little faster, plus if their not running energy discard supporters/items then you can use those energies onto something else. - However You'll need to test this.

After thinking about it I came up with an alternate Deck list that keeps in the heart of your Strategy.

4 Zorua
3 Zoroark
3 Girantina
1 Ditto ♢
3 Zoroark GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Magcargo

2 Professor Elms Lecture
3 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
2 Dangerous Drill
4 Multi Switch
1 Black Market ♢
4 Guzma
3 Choice Band
2 Devoured Field
3 Plumeria/Acerola
4 Sophocles

4 Double Colorless Energy
6 Darkness Energy
1 Rainbow/Counter Energy

Strategy Mostly works the same however a few changes are made I'll explain.

Professor Elms Lecture gets you your Zorua's/Ditto out of your deck right away, If you have Tapu lele in your hand or Ultra ball you can get yourself a sophocles in your hand for turn 2.

Girantina should auto go into your discard, only set him up if your stuck or if your opponent takes a prize card. I've added Rainbow energy or Counter energy in this deck depending on whether you choose Plumeria or Acerola as your field tech supporter. Counter for Plumeria/Rainbow for Acerola.

I lowered down your dangerous drill, it is good at getting rid of dark pokemon from your hand for stalling however with Solphocles and/or Plumeria you can discard 2 of any card tapu lele, or girantina for both draw support, and stalling. You can use Dangerous drill to discard your Zoroark GX's from your hand when you don't need them anymore. Plus Shrine of punishment helps you out with Acerola.

I upped your Zoroark's as once your at high damage, you won't need the GX version anymore. Having 1 on the bench after is just for draw support.

Added Switch to your deck so you can maximize on multiswitch, that way your not paying retreat cost when you need to finish off the already damaged active. This can also help out getting all of your energies on Tapu lele if your fighting a High Energy cost Deck.

Magcargo at this point should be added bonus, with Sophocles and Trade, you really shouldn't have a problem getting the cards you need(Without reshuffling)

Biggest concern would be Decking out, You can add in Cythina to gets cards back in your deck.

This is 100% untested, and is only as a suggestion. Good Luck

Last edited:
Hi Zster,

Nice choice on the new Zoroark. I believe that this card is underrated. Here is a list that worked rather well for me:

Pokémon (20):
  • 1 Alolan Meowth SM8 (beatdown)
  • 3 Umbreon SM8 (beatdown)
  • 3 Zoroark SM8a (beatdown)
  • 3 Spiritomb SM8a (discard)
  • 3 Yveltal SM8a (beatdown)
  • 3 Zorua SM3-P (evolution)
  • 4 Eevee SM1M (evolution)
Trainer (30):
  • 2 Erika's Hospitality (draw)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 1 Dangerous Drill (discard)
  • 3 Exp. Share (maintain)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Nest Ball (search)
  • 1 Black Market Prism (enable)
  • 3 Devoured Field (beatdown)
Energy (10):
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Darkness Energy
STRATEGY:

If you go first get out Spiritomb and discard less useful Pokémon cards such as other Spiritomb and Alolan Meowth. If the deck goes second start with Alolan Meowth abd hit the opponent for a solid 70 damage for zero attachments. In either case hope that the previously active Pokémon is knocked out and start to swarm the opponent with Umbreon. Make sure to have two Zorua on the bench with Exp. Share attached to them. Once there are ten Pokémon cards in the discard pile switch over to Zoroark and hit for more solid numbers with him. Thanks to Exp. Share the deck is rather consistent and above to deal with Pokémon GX excluding Tag Teams.

Hi Zster,

Nice choice on the new Zoroark. I believe that this card is underrated. Here is a list that worked rather well for me:

Pokémon (20):
  • 1 Alolan Meowth SM8 (beatdown)
  • 3 Umbreon SM8 (beatdown)
  • 3 Zoroark SM8a (beatdown)
  • 3 Spiritomb SM8a (discard)
  • 3 Yveltal SM8a (beatdown)
  • 3 Zorua SM3-P (evolution)
  • 4 Eevee SM1M (evolution)
Trainer (30):
  • 2 Erika's Hospitality (draw)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 1 Dangerous Drill (discard)
  • 3 Exp. Share (maintain)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Nest Ball (search)
  • 1 Black Market Prism (enable)
  • 3 Devoured Field (beatdown)
Energy (10):
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Darkness Energy
STRATEGY:

If you go first get out Spiritomb and discard less useful Pokémon cards such as other Spiritomb and Alolan Meowth. If the deck goes second start with Alolan Meowth abd hit the opponent for a solid 70 damage for zero attachments. In either case hope that the previously active Pokémon is knocked out and start to swarm the opponent with Umbreon. Make sure to have two Zorua on the bench with Exp. Share attached to them. Once there are ten Pokémon cards in the discard pile switch over to Zoroark and hit for more solid numbers with him. Thanks to Exp. Share the deck is rather consistent and above to deal with Pokémon GX excluding Tag Teams.

Hi, wanted to reply to this thread because I just got the pieces to this deck and would like to try it out. I have experience playing decks that want to discard things as fast as possible (Pure Marshadow GX) and a deck with a [X][C][C] attacker (Garchomp). I know the latter can be maintained with just EXP Share+another DCE, but shouldn't there be 4 DCE? Also with my experience with Marshadow, Viridian Forest is a very good card to quickly get Pokemon into the discard (along with Spiritomb, of course). Is Devoured Field a huge contribution to one shotting? If not, I might use Viridian instead. Also, it is strange that you use absolutely no Choice Bands, even though I understand you have the EXP Shares. Maybe adding it would help damage moreso than Devoured Field?
Thanks in advance.

Hi k4kirin,

The main reason for no more than four Double Colorless Energy is that the deck runs no more than three Zoroark SM9 and he does not need to be out that soon compared to Garchomp Lucario decks. Devoured Field is a nice addition as a counter stadium and to increase the damage output for all main attackers. Depending on the local meta Shrine of Punishment would be a decent alternative. Viridian Forest does not seem to be needed because there is sufficient discard with Spiritomb in addition to Ultra Ball and Dangerous Drill. You have to keep in mind that Viridian Forest may also help the opponent and the benefit to this deck is limited to a slightly faster discard. Also keep in mind that you want to chain Umbreons prior to using Zoroark himself.

If your gonna use the new baby zoroark then your gonna need more Pokémon because you only do more damage based on the number of Pokémon in your discard pile. I have tried to make a deck with it but the hard part is the fact that it takes two energy attachments and does not have that much hp. I am still interested in people’s lists if they can figure out a way to make it work.

If your gonna use the new baby zoroark then your gonna need more Pokémon because you only do more damage based on the number of Pokémon in your discard pile. I have tried to make a deck with it but the hard part is the fact that it takes two energy attachments and does not have that much hp. I am still interested in people’s lists if they can figure out a way to make it work.

Hi Audiofreak19,

Consider some Exp. Share for Zoroark. You do not need it out that fast and you can harvest the energy from Umbreon and other attackers that the deck tends to lead with in the first few turns. Field Blower is not that common in the current meta.

Back