• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Snuggly Generator

radiant_shadows

Aspiring Trainer
I played this deck with a lot of success before rotation (except when I walked into Buzzwole-heavy tournaments). Now that I have finally found the Pikachu checklane promos, I am working on updating this deck. Here is what I have so far:

Pokemon (15)
• 4 Pachirisu
• 4 Pikachu
• 3 Raichu GX
• 2 Tapu Lele GX
• 1 Tapu Koko Prism
• 1 Oranguru​

Trainers (31)
• 4 Cynthia
• 3 Guzma
• 2 Lillie
• 2 Erika’s Hospitality
• 2 Volkner
• 3 Exp Share
• 2 Escape Board
• 2 Choice Band
• 4 Electropower
• 4 Ultra Ball
• 3 Nest Ball​

Energy (14)
• 14 Lightning Energy​

I have thought about adding the Emolga from Team Up for it's Nuzzly Gathering ability. Having extra Nuzzle pokemon plus free retreat seems helpful, I'm just not sure where to squeeze them in.

You could remove an Escape Board or both for the Emolga you mentioned, since it also functions as a pivot.The only case it could prove detrimental is against spread decks, and you;ve already got Pachirisu as a liability in that match-up.
I'd also add an Energy Recycle System instead of a 14th energy, but that's just because I get paranoid about running out of energy.

I personally like the Escape Board for those times you're forced to start with Pikachu or Tapu Lele in the active. It wasn't as big of a deal before rotation, because I could usually hit a Max Elixir on bench and then pay to retreat. Now, paying to retreat keeps me from attaching to Pachirisu and attacking first turn (if I go second). But having more Nuzzle Pokemon available for the Snuggly Generator helps with the lack of Max Elixir. I may have to build the deck twice online (one with Emolga and one with Escape Boards) and see which one is more consistent. Could possibly go down to two Nest Balls if I include Emolga because it will help me get my basics out. I'll have to play around with that too.

I included the Tapu Koko Prism as my energy recycle option since it lets me attach two. But I see the merit of Energy Recycle System because it gives me more options (like if I needed to attach to the active in order to attack). With the addition of Electropowers, I'm not as worried about running out of energy. Even if I only get to attach 10 of the 14, that's still 220 before possible choice bands and Electropowers.

I'm not too worried about spread. Our local meta doesn't have a lot of spread going on right now. I'm currently playing Lost March and the only deck I truly dread that's played consistently around here is Ultra Necrozma.

I recommend removing 1 escape board, 1 lightning energy, and 1 pachirisu to be replaced by 1 Emolga and 2 electrocharger!

Here are my recommendations: You need to add 4 Emolgas to the deck here's the strategy with them:
  1. You bench an Emolga on turn 1, then us it's ability to search out another one which you would bench and use that ability and so on until you have all the Emolgas on your bench(that weren't prized).
  2. You then use the final Emolga's ability to search out a Pachirisu, get it into active with an energy on turn one and use Snuggle generator to have 5 energies on the field (if no Emolgas were prized) at the end of turn one.
  3. Also maybe another Volkner for consistency because if you can manually search and bench your pikachu as well first turn, (that means 6 energies at the end of turn 1) then you can evolve the pikachu into a turn 2 Raichu-GX dealing 160 damage.
My suggestions are:
+4 Emolga
+1 Volkner
- 1 Exp share (you have 2 that can be easily searched with Volkner or other draw support)
- 1 Tapu Lele-GX (no bench space after Emolga setup)
- 1 Pachirisu (You can search with Emolga)
- 1 Tapu Lele-GX/Tapu Koko */Oranguru (chose the least important one, again not enough bench space)
- 1 Electropower (you have 3 and Volkner also, you will have 160 damage turn 2 increasing by 20 each turn after if setup goes right-it probably will due to your deck having easily enough consistency to handle it)

-2 Pachirisu
-1 EXP Share
-1 Electropower

+3 Emolga
+1 Nest Ball

Those are my personal preferences.

I currently play my style of this deck. Ill post my list then tag you, so you can have a look at my list.

Back