Help Which deck should i play my first league cup?

Kajishu

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guus, as the title suggests I am going to my first league cup this weekend and am unsure if I should play zoroark gx/lycanroc gx or vikaray? I feel comfortable playing both but I want the best chance to win that epic playmate lol. Thanks for the input!

Since you don't know your local meta yet, and you're pretty comfortable with both, I'd say you can't really go wrong with either and to just play whichever one you like best. However, although Vikaray isn't particularly bad, it hasn't been doing too hot at tournaments lately. I personally love the deck and would probably go with that one, but personal feelings aside I think ZoroRoc is the better choice going in blind.

Well I know what my local meta is, it is the hardcore players from out of town that play the big time meta decks that I am worried about. :) I enjoy playing rayquaza but zoroark is more consistant.

Last edited:
Play zororoc if you want consistentcy and you feel you can outplay your opponents if you want to take a bit of a risk play VikaRay.

I don't know about what's better, though what I must say if you're going for the points play zororoc. But, if you want to just have some fun, play vikaray. At my first cup last season I had the choice of playing greninja gx or buzzwole, and I chose greninja gx cause I didnt go for points

It's your first League Cup - I'd play something that was meta relevant and a deck I found fun playing. If things go south, you at least played a deck that you enjoy. Because Team Up is right around the corner (of being legal), this is your last hurrah to play whatever before the format changes a little bit.

Well after test ing both decks online I decided to run vikaray wish me luck!
Thanks for all your input all and have a great day!

I prefer zoroark lycanroc but it can present more difficult choices along the games you play in case you dont have much time to test it beforehand in which case I would instead advocate for the VikaRay which is more straightforward in its strategy

Back