Discussion Silvally GX - Sleeping Hit or a Bad Card?

BUT DCE is 2 for 1 and you hope to be hitting for Weakness, so its really 240 for 2.

You can retreat while Confused, not Asleep.

Yeah. Special Conditions with coniflips are my least favourite part of the game so I tend to not play decks utilizing them. Sorry about that.

When TCE drops I'm going to try a Zoroark/A-Ninetails(Y) build, focusing on hitting weakness on the bigger decks so only a few Memories are needed (fighting/water etc) as these counter some of the bigger decks. Fighting is still a problem, though you could play one or two weakness policy, also the door is open to play a bit stall-y with TCE on the Z-arks and wonder labryinth/acerola.

I keep wanting it to be good... I feel like it always has a chance to be awesome, it's just never quite been good enough

I see a card like this needing a good engine to go grab the card you need every turn, you can’t rely on chance to hit that 2nd energy or the memory card you need to hit the weakness. I’ve been playing around with Zoroak GX- marcargo for a while and it fits in well with a lot of otherwise clunky decks, consistency goes way up and I could see a benifit for this sort of deck. Another option that’s come to light with control decks is pidgeot’s ability with marcago. Something to think about and play around with.

Use koko prism to power up turn 1/2.

Then, use the attack and dce to constantly have energy is play.

You can even use zapdos as an early attacker because silvally gives them free retreat.

Your weakness is bad, though.

You could play it as a 2-2 line (including ditto) in tool drop for the GX attack, and easy KOs on tag teams like pikarom and (after a hit) celebi/saur. The memories are just boosts to your damage otherwise.

It should be good now with the likes of Tapu Koko prism but for sure it'll be great with the new triple energy. So many options to go with it.

I'm not sure it needs an attacking partner. My take would be to build a deck only with silvallys, alolan vulpix, magearna and maybe magcargo if you find space.

Weakness is a problem but an idea would be adding weakness policy among your tools - since you have magearna and field blower is not a thing anymore, you can attach weakness policy in turns you dont need or couldnt find the required memory and switch later using magearna.

An alternative would be remove at least some of the alolan vulpix and the magcargo line to add zapdos and tapu koko prism star in a similar way as mentioned above

Back