• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Espeon-GX/Burning Shadows Dusknoir

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokemon (17):

2x Espeon-GX
3x Eevee
2x Tapu-Lele-GX
4x Dusknoir
2x Dusclops
4x Duskull

Trainers (33):

4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
1x Skyla
2x Lysandre
3x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
1x Level Ball
3x Rare Candy
1x Super Rod
3x Choice Band
2x Special Charge
1x Float Stone
3x Altar of the Moone (or Magma's Base, if it combos with Dusknoir's Ability)

Energy (10):

6x Basic Psychic Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Stage 2 Dusknoir HP150[P]
Evolves from Duskull

Ability Dark Circle
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may look at your opponent's hand. Put a Basic Pokemon you find there on your opponent's Bench. Then, put 3 damage counters on that Pokemon.

[P][C][C] Mind Jack 30+
This attack does 30 more damage for each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [D]x2
Resistance:[F]-20
Retreat: [C][C][C]

So, after seeing this card I immediately wanted to build a deck around it. I think it synergizes very well with Espeon-GX, as Espeon provides a solid early game attacker, and Dark Circle and Divide together is absolutely insane. Dusknoir fuels it's own damage with it's Ability, meaning Mind Jack isn't controlled by your opponent any more. If they have a basic Pokemon, it's gonna be on their Bench no matter what they do. Dusknoir with Choice Band and it's Ability hits 240. Divide can soften things up for consistent one-shots with Dusknoir later on. I thought of Buddy Buddy Rescue, but they could just take an Evolved mon so Dark Circle wouldn't work. Maybe could be useful as a one of. Let me know what you guys think :)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 2 Espeon GX (does not seem to synergize that well)
- 3 Eevee (see above)

+ 2 Drampa GX (to make them want to bench Pokémon and it synergizes with Dusclops)
+ 2 Wobbuffet (nice disabler seeing as a lot of decks are ability reliant now)

- 1 Special Charge (one should be sufficient)
- 1 Float Stone (not needed that bad with Altar of the Moone)
- 1 Level Ball (I prefer Heavy Ball instead to search out the evolution line)

+ 2 Heavy Ball (search out Dusknoir`s evolution line)
+ 1 Field Blower (would even want a second one)
+ 1 Psychic Energy

In a nutshell that deck is similar to Drampa Zoroark but it is a little harder to outplay by holding Pokémon in hand instead of benching them. We will have to see what other cards we get in this set to determine whether Dusknoir is as viable as Zoroark. at the moment Zoroark seems more versatile.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

- 3 Eevee (see above)

+ 2 Drampa GX (to make them want to bench Pokémon and it synergizes with Dusclops)

+ 1 Psychic Energy

In a nutshell that deck is similar to Drampa Zoroark but it is a little harder to outplay by holding Pokémon in hand instead of benching them. We will have to see what other cards we get in this set to determine whether Dusknoir is as viable as Zoroark. at the moment Zoroark seems more versatile.
Thanks for the help! I think Drampa could work as well, but I feel that there's a synergy between Divide and Dark Circle. Let me explain:

-Your opponent starts holding Pokemon in their hand because they're afraid of Dusknoir.

-You use Dark Circle, and then use Divide, easily scoring a K.O on some lower-HP Basics.

Or:

-Your opponent plays all their Pokemon down to avoid Dark Circle.

-Divide then puts the damage on them that Dark Circle would have, as well as possibly taking K.Os elsewhere.

When this card comes out, I'll be testing both the Espeon and Drampa variants, but for now I think Espeon is the better choice. As to your other edits, they make alot of sense to me:

-1 Level Ball
-1 Special Charge

+2 Heavy Ball

I want to keep Float Stone, because there may not be time to attach energy to a Lele. Field Blower is a great card, but I'm not sure of what to cut as I didn't cut Float Stone or Espeon. Maybe cutting one Eevee for a Field Blower would be okay. Thanks for the help! :)

Yankell

Aspiring Trainer
Here is what I came up with after taking a look at your list. I am also really excited about this card. lets see if we can come up with a decent list. the cards that have no numbers are there for potential inclusion after testing. you really have to play around with the list to see what works.

Pokemon (17)

1x Espeon-EX
4x Tapu-Koko
2x Tapu-lele GX
3x Dusknoir
2x Dusclops
3x Duskull
1x oricorio
1x Nekrozma GX

Necessary Trainers (26):

4x Sycamore
4x N
1x Brigette
1x Skyla
2x Lysandre
3x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
1x Level Ball
1x Special Charge
1x Heavy Ball
3x Rare Candy
1x rescue stretcher

Optional Trainers (total of 54 cards with 6 potential modifications)

X field blower
x Choice Band
x Professor's letter
x Float Stone/ switch / Guzma
x Altar of the Moone (or Magma's Base, if it combos with Dusknoir's Ability)

Energy (11):

7x Basic Psychic Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

The Idea here is to start with Tapu Koko, grab a Lele and start your turn with bridgette to grab duskull and more Koko. you soften them up with Koko and dusclops ability and then close the game with nekrozma if they have basic ex's, espeon if they have evolution cards or evolution ex's, and oricorio to drop some damage wherever it needs to go, likely wherever they placed their energy(works well because your opponent is goign to want to discard their basics so they dont get drawn out by dusclops ability). obviously you can always mind jack for up to 180 on a 5 card bench. let me know what you guys think.

Jay Baskerville

Aspiring Trainer
are
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

- 3 Eevee (see above)

+ 1 Psychic Energy

Which Wobbuffet are those?