• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lost Inferno (Blacephalon GX / Naganadel)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
LOST INFERNO

images

Pokémon (14):
  • 1 Marshadow SM8b (disables)
  • 4 Blacephalon GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Naganadel SM8 (accelerate)
  • 4 Poipole SM8 (evolution)
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (search)
Trainer (30):
  • 3 Welder (accelerate)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 3 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 3 Beast Ring (acceleration)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Nest Ball (search)
  • 1 Heat Factory Prism (draw)
  • 2 Viridian Forest (search)
Energy (16):
  • 1 Beast Energy
  • 15 Fire Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Blacephalon or Blacephalon GX and bench three Poipole. Next turn evolve the benched Poipole into Naganadel to accelerate from the discard. Use Welder to accelerate to Blacephalon and Blacephalon GX and to draw three cards.

SPOILER:

Welder
Trainer - Supporter
Attach up to 2 fire energy cards from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon. If you do, draw 3 cards.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I too run a Blacephalon GX deck and from my experience, following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

You referenced a "Blacephalon" in your Strategy, but it is not in your list. Please clarify.

Why Marshadow? Should you need/want supplemental card-draw support, why not just use Oranguru (Instruct)? The chance of disrupting your opponent's hand is quite random more times than not, IMO. Plus, this Pokémon will will "clog" your bench, is an easy 1HKO target for your opponent, and can be easily countered by opponent's Alolan Muk (SUM) play (popular in my area).

Although Viridian Forest compliments your energy attachment acceleration tactic, it also helps your opponent. Have you tested using Lady as an alternative? You'll lose a turn (since Lady is a Supporter too), but you'll have the necessary energy, most likely, to play Welder multiple times over the next few turns.

Why no Rescue Stretcher?

You may also need a Pal Pad to recover and recycle discarded Supporters.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Marshadow
-2 Viridian Forest

+2 Lady
+1 Pal Pad

I hope you find thee comments helpful.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TuxedoBlack,

Thanks for the review. Marshadow is here to disrupt the opponent and serve as a counter to Unown decks which I assume to become faster and more consistent with Salazzle from initial test runs. Buzzwole SM10 would be another option if you do not expect Unown decks to be common. Personally I dislike Lady. The idea of this deck is to be as fast as possible and steam ohkos. Viridian Forest is a much better option and also helps to discard.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Btw, have you've seen another upcoming Trainer (Item) to be released: Fire Crystal which allows you to put 3 Fire energy cards from your discard pile into your hand. This Item will definitely compliment Welder play.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TuxedoBlack,

Thanks for the review. Not sure that Flame Crystal fits into this deck since you discard the Basic Fire to the Lost Zone most of the time. Welder seemed to fit since it accelerates additional Fire to the board and is an excellent draw cards in situations in which hand sizes are too large to utilize Lillie.