Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble from 'Pokemon Sword' and 'Shield!'

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Honestly these are probably the best trio of starters for me, as there is no *obvious* choice imo. most generations i’ve had one that I have auto picked, but all three this time make me want to wait for evolutions vefore choosing as they are all so good.

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
You can tell scorbunny will be the faster one of the three (Grookey all around stats, Sobble defensive stats). And speed is usually the favored stat~

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
@YaBoiSlimJim
I realised after your text that in English a chimpanzee is not a monkey. In my native language there is no difference between monkey and ape. I agree with what you said, and as I stated before, I like the design of Grookey.
About the rabbits, I did not mean as a starter - that is new. But I think it does not look too different from Bunnelby to be unique.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
The graphics looks stunning as heck. But why a Monkey and a Lizard? Do either of those exist in the UK other than in Zoos?

One of the starters should've been a dog of sorts...possibly a Corgi....

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
If they don't do some kind of post play with Kalos with this being the UK and Kalos France I would be shocked either within this game or a sequel to tie things together with the whole war story started.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
If they don't do some kind of post play with Kalos with this being the UK and Kalos France I would be shocked either within this game or a sequel to tie things together with the whole war story started.

I doubt that. Last time they did something like that was gen 2, and they did that when they thought it's going to be their last one.

Richard Haeder

litleo op plz nerf
sobble: its a sobble head, uh, i mean bobble head. no, sobble head. anyways ITS SO CUTE!!!! 5/5 litleos
grookey. its just a chespin remake but better 3/5 litleos
scorbunny: now this is hot garbage 1/5 litleos
SOBBLE HEAD GANG

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Been a while since I posted here. Feels good to be back.

On topic, the starters look all pretty cool, except for Scorbunny, who looks a bit too goofy design wise. As for the other two, Grookey is officially the most fun looking, so that's the starter I'm going with in Sword/Shield. Don't know what to think of Sobble though, but it has a lot of potential. My choice can change, however, depending on their evolutions.