Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble from 'Pokemon Sword' and 'Shield!'

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I like the character designs, they're not too far out there. I just hope we get some form of character customization in these games. Their outfits are a little too bland, though.

DrakenNinja

Aspiring Trainer
yes random encounters are back. can't wait to have pokemon sword in my hands and they better have Honedge on route 1

CorinthiansRose

Aspiring Trainer
I'm looking forward to new details, but I do have to wonder. Why another monkey starter Pokemon? There are so many others they could have chosen, and they chose to do one they've already done. I think maybe a bear or a squirrel would have been fun, there were a lot of choices. Oh well.

Last edited:

Wechselbalg

brb
Scorbunny will probably have the most fans, but I actually like that monkey the best. The trailer confirms that the graphics are going to look very nice, and it's good that they dropped the Let's Go character models.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
The region is meticulously beautiful. The atarters, at this point, not much. I heard a rumour that they could be mascot legendary hence the no cover show. Since rumours believed the region was going to be UK based it appears the leakers are getting more damn accurate with there results.

There could be a new/old aesthetic vibe happening with the industrial and ancient settings (no suprise shitty Birmingham is alike the central city, or what I would like Birmingham to look like at least). The ancient settings like the large artwork on the hills (White Horse/Green Man reminiscence) could alievieate from Arthurian and Celtic legends. They may even touch upon Stonehenge or mythical places like Avalon.

Last edited:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
My first thoughts:
-The region could possibly be my favourite yet (although I'm holding full judgement until I see all of it), the landscapes and designs of everything is just a complete yes from me.
-The starters are alright, I'm not fully sold on Grookey or Scorbunny but I'm loving Sobble.
-The building shown at the beginning of the video which I assumed was a Grass type gym has a red and blue logo on it; the same logo is on the sports kit looking outfit the character wears - maybe we'll see a change in the way gyms are done? It looks kinda like the character's going to play some kind of sport rather than the usual gym puzzle
-The sword and shield on the logos have wolf faces on them - could this be indicative that we'll see a wolf based Pokemon?

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
-The sword and shield on the logos have wolf faces on them - could this be indicative that we'll see a wolf based Pokemon?

According to those logos it could be assumed that we'll get a wolf-based legendaries which, imho, would be somewhat „cool“ as I like wolves and canines (not counting dragons).

As for my first thoughts:
I don't like Scorbunny although I simply love fire as element and thus fire types are my favorite. unfortunately most of fire's are completely ugly or at least mixed with not so good typing (just take e.g. Emboar or even Infernape – they might be good in games or so, but I don't like their design…)
I don't even like Grookey, I mean, just look at it: it has something very similar to beak instead of mmal-like mouth and it'd be a monkey? I kinda don't believe it completely.
From the three starters it's probably the first time I like the water type most (at least from the first impression).

On the other note – trainer customizations seems possible and I hope, there'll be huge choice from backpacks, because, well… my first thought was: what? He's taking a box? It was somewhat too cubic, like he brings a wardrobe inside or what. I don't really like the male's bags at all; it'd be more fun it they could leave them without ones, even if I understand there has to be something to carry on the items etc.

As for the region: Galar… sounds like meh, I don't know; maybe.

Ah, whatever, I couldn't wait for more information.
Until then…

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Ok, here we go...
- The starters are very cute, but last time I checked there were no monkeys in Britain. I’m jumping on the Sobble train!
- I can’t wait for sword and shield legends! And while we’re on the topic, I’m calling that the legends will be based on Beowulf, because of the wolf heads, the fact that they’re a sword and shield, and also Beowulf is one of the most famous epics and a major part of British history/folklore.
- The hill carvings look like Zygarde with his cells and cores scattered around his feet! Also he looks like he’s fighting a radioactive snail.

Mountain Wrecker

Soggy Cardboard.
this might legitimately be the first time i pick a fire starter, because ive always had a slight distaste for fire starters. picking a starter might be the hardest its been in a while. im soooooooo stoked guys. also hoping for any form of guzma cameo even if its unlikely.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
The three starters are cute, but going to hold off on which one is my favorite until the evolutions are shown. BTW is Sobble a tadpole?

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
Another monkey, another rabbit, another tadpole?
I like the monkey though, but the rabbit is not unique enough, looks so similar to the previous 2. And while it makes sense to have a rabbit again in a European region, why a monkey?
If 1 would be disappointed and 10 very excited, I think I'm around 4. Nothing unexpected, nothing too special, but 1 starter I like. I just hope it does not turn into a fighting monster like Chespin. Actually, right now I have no idea about secondary typings of the final stages, I think I would like to have them remain pure.

Mountain Wrecker

Soggy Cardboard.
i just realized that random encounters are back. sad news to me. one of the few thing the lets go games got right for me was overworld pokemon.