Discussion Is Blacephalon still competitive?

That's an interesting idea - heck, with beast energy you don't even absolutely have to add any energy to help.
I did add a few F energy to my hybrid deck since with the Beast Rings, I can choose which Pokémon can be powered-up quickly. Also, let's not forget that little Buzz can inflict 120 damage for just F energy cost at certain times too.

Last edited:
I did add a few F energy to my hybrid deck since with the Beast Rings, I can chose which Pokémon can be powered-up quickly. Also, let's not forget that little Buzz can inflict 120 damage for just F energy cost at certain times too.

Yeah, that was mostly what I was thinking - for PikaRom, put in Blacephalon, take out one, they KO you, then you drop Buzz on the bench with an energy (beast or fighting) and return KO for the game. For ZapdosJirachi, you wait until something weak to fighting comes out (Jolteon or Zeraora for example) and then you get a KO that way, or else you just KO a Jirachi at some point.

Yeah, that was mostly what I was thinking - for PikaRom, put in Blacephalon, take out one, they KO you, then you drop Buzz on the bench with an energy (beast or fighting) and return KO for the game. For ZapdosJirachi, you wait until something weak to fighting comes out (Jolteon or Zeraora for example) and then you get a KO that way, or else you just KO a Jirachi at some point.
Exactly!

A BDIF totally changing after a new release is not surprising - heck see what happened to buzz shrine when Malamar came out.

I figure Blacephalon is still fine, just not Tier 1 anymore. It could still win a cup, but it isn’t going to win a regional.
1st place Collinsville-Zach Lesage :)

Well it just took Collinsville regionals soo.....guess it still is. :p I guess any deck that can slip in a 1-of of SUM Alolan Muk without hindering themselves is automatically competitive, since Jirachi is that good now. PikaRom is still a very well used deck, so OHKOing Pikachus and Zekroms most likely on your second turn even seems super promising.

Well it just took Collinsville regionals soo.....guess it still is...
Let's not forget that the deck's pilot (not the deck per se) won and he/she (big props!), most likely, also had some good match-ups throughout those 2 days. But, the bottom line is, Blacephalon is still quite competitive.

Back