'Kangaskan-GX Box' in June!

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Why are these promo box cards always so terrible This likely the worst gx ever!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I’m glad Kangaskhan got a GX.
BUT I don’t quite agree with everyone about the “worst GX ever” thing. 160 if they’re confused isn’t bad, 190 with a ‘Band. It’s certainly not meta-defining, and it might be one of the most bland and recycled GXs ever,
- 1st attack: Poliwrath SUM
- 2nd attack: Tsareena GX SMPR
- but only the GX attack is unique.
Even if it’s “unique,” it’s still very bland.
I don’t like it.
EDIT oh, for 3 energy 190 MAX is really bad.

Toxicolofett00

Aspiring Trainer
Weeeeee more garbage promo GXes
Kangaskhan with parasect from team up and tapu lele from lost thunder and the fairy charms and magearna let's u switch out tool cards and then TCE from the new set or dce and 160 plus ability of parasect 180 and that's not counting any other buffs choice band if it's a gx 210 u.u

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
Why are these promo box cards always so terrible This likely the worst gx ever!
Definitely not the worst GX ever, but it isn't that good. Although, we did get plenty of support for confusion out of the blue so maybe if throw it all into a confusion deck it could work out.

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
Here's all the Gym Promo GX's and how long it took for them to be translated:

Zygarde GX (50%): 3 months
Bewear GX: 4 months
Kangaskhan GX: 6 months
Alolan Raticate GX: 8 months
Mr. Mime GX (Magic Odds): 8 months
Alolan Marowak GX: 8 months
Palossand GX: 12 months
Porygon-Z GX: ?

As you can see, 6 months isn't terrible compared to some of the other Gym Promos.

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
Statistically, the worst GX (the GX with the lowest base stats in the games) is the Japanese-exclusive Onix-GX from the Brock Trainer Battle Deck. The runner-up would be Alolan Raticate-GX. Technically Eevee-GX has lower stats, but I'm not counting that.

Last edited:

Overheat

Aspiring Trainer
Kogas Trap and this GX does 160 + Poison = 170. This can be used with psychic and or fire. Kiawe turn 1, turn 2 Koga Trap or DCE 1 psychic. This has potential

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Gumshoos or Bewear Gx are the worst Gx's there are. Tsareena and Snorlax are up there too.
I actually know someone who made a deck around Snorlax and Bewear GX. It was an all colorless deck. He got 2nd place at a local expanded League Challenge last year. And got top 4 at a local $2 League tournament with it as well. Well, i went to the local tournament to observe. And it did pretty well. It won't work very well against the newest deck builds though. I believe Kangaskhan GX would do well in a rogue expanded deck. But that's just me.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Statistically, the worst GX (the GX with the lowest base stats in the games) is the Japanese-exclusive Onix-GX from the Brock Trainer Battle Deck. The runner-up would be Alolan Raticate-GX. Technically Eevee-GX has lower stats, but I'm not counting that.

If you'real going off the games, sure. But I wouldn't go discrediting Onix as the worst GX when we're talking about the tcg.

It's insanely bulky with Buff Padding (+40HP) and Brock's Pewter City Gym (40 less damage), effectively giving it an absurd 280HP on a basic that hits 50 for one energy with flip for paralysis.

Imagine that in a stall deck. Way better than some of the other GXs around.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Funny how people expect to have every promo box or GX to have really good stats. Seriously can't you just enjoy the artwork? Not every card has to be with really insane stats. Personally, I love the promo and it will be awesome in my collection but the only criticism I have is how Pokemon company make large boxes were they use a lot of plastic, which in the end increase the shipping cost and final price for their products.