• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Updating BuzzgGarbShrine

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
SPOILER: what follows is not the right way to update it. That's why I need you so bad!

Pokemon (19)
3 Buzzwole (FLI 77)
2 Trubbish (GRI 50)
2 Magcargo (CLS 24)
2 Garbodor (GRI 51)
2 Slugma (CLS 23)
1 Ditto Prism Star (LOT 154)
1 Diancie Prism Star (FLI 74)
2 Sneasel (UPR 73)
1 Oranguru (SM 113)
2 Weavile (UPR 74)
1 Pidgeotto (TEU 123)

Energy (9)
1 Beast Energy Prism Star (FLI 117)
4 Unit Energy FDY (FLI 118)
4 Rainbow Energy (SM 137)

Items (20)
4 Nest Ball (SM 123)
3 Shrine of Punishment (CLS 143)
1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
4 Judge Whistle (TEU 146)
1 Switch (SLG 67)
2 Choice Band (GRI 121)
1 Field Blower (GRI 125)
4 Ultra Ball (SLG 68)

Supporter (12)
2 Professor Kukui (SM 128)
1 Judge (FLI 108)
1 Erika's Hospitality (TEU 140)
3 Lillie (SM 122)
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
2 Cynthia (UPR 119)

I think I just like to play toolbox decks, and this should be even decent. But I'm not convinced at all.
The main attackers here are, obviously,

- Garbodor: it's usually a good mid- and late- game attackers
- Buzzwole: it hits Pikarom, Zoroark, Jolteon, etc for weakness. With Diancie, it it's a good cheap attacker overall
- Weavile: it should be helpful against Malamar and Blacephalon

Other pokemons are here for obvious toolbox support.
Judge Whistle is a safer Acro Bike here, and it works well together Magcargo.
Supporter line is pretty straightforward too.

I'm not totally convinced by this list. I don't now if I should find space for
- Marshadow: but I play Judge and four Whistle, so maybe it is not worth
- Pokemon Communication: I played a mono copy of this, but I realized that I can take the mons I need via Magcargo
- other attackers: I'm quite sure this attackers line is insufficient in order to cover all the major decks right now. For example, I don't see any force against Zaprachi, and that's really bad.

I do need your advices guy!

SPOILER: what follows is not the right way to update it. That's why I need you so bad!

Pokemon (19)
3 Buzzwole (FLI 77)
2 Trubbish (GRI 50)
2 Magcargo (CLS 24)
2 Garbodor (GRI 51)
2 Slugma (CLS 23)
1 Ditto Prism Star (LOT 154)
1 Diancie Prism Star (FLI 74)
2 Sneasel (UPR 73)
1 Oranguru (SM 113)
2 Weavile (UPR 74)
1 Pidgeotto (TEU 123)

Energy (9)
1 Beast Energy Prism Star (FLI 117)
4 Unit Energy FDY (FLI 118)
4 Rainbow Energy (SM 137)

Items (20)
4 Nest Ball (SM 123)
3 Shrine of Punishment (CLS 143)
1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
4 Judge Whistle (TEU 146)
1 Switch (SLG 67)
2 Choice Band (GRI 121)
1 Field Blower (GRI 125)
4 Ultra Ball (SLG 68)

Supporter (12)
2 Professor Kukui (SM 128)
1 Judge (FLI 108)
1 Erika's Hospitality (TEU 140)
3 Lillie (SM 122)
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
2 Cynthia (UPR 119)

I think I just like to play toolbox decks, and this should be even decent. But I'm not convinced at all.
The main attackers here are, obviously,

- Garbodor: it's usually a good mid- and late- game attackers
- Buzzwole: it hits Pikarom, Zoroark, Jolteon, etc for weakness. With Diancie, it it's a good cheap attacker overall
- Weavile: it should be helpful against Malamar and Blacephalon

Other pokemons are here for obvious toolbox support.
Judge Whistle is a safer Acro Bike here, and it works well together Magcargo.
Supporter line is pretty straightforward too.

I'm not totally convinced by this list. I don't now if I should find space for
- Marshadow: but I play Judge and four Whistle, so maybe it is not worth
- Pokemon Communication: I played a mono copy of this, but I realized that I can take the mons I need via Magcargo
- other attackers: I'm quite sure this attackers line is insufficient in order to cover all the major decks right now. For example, I don't see any force against Zaprachi, and that's really bad.

I do need your advices guy!
You have Weavile, and Zaprachi plays Lele and Jirachi.
I don’t see anything WRONG with the list, myself. Anything more specific you have to tell us?

Hi Missilistico,

An interesting means to utilize Buzzwole and Garbodor would be in combination with the new Alolan Muk. Not sure on Weavile in this list since it will have troubles to hit numbers in several matches due to the reduced number of Pokémon with abilities normally seen on the opposing bench. The idea to use the new Alolan Muk is based on the observation that item counts start to increase once more. For instance, Lightning decks tend to have between 18 to 20 items on usual. Alolan Muk could be used to discard some of these items through evolution and fuel Garbodor to enable the deck to focus on Garbodor sooner than usual.

@Lord Goomy this list struggles with Blacephalon, Zaprachi, and Celesaur.
@Dark Espeon I saw a dcklist like the one you are talking about, but I think the Muk would be a big bench sitter, and I have Magcargo, Oranguru, and Diancie. But I would like to test it!

@Lord Goomy this list struggles with Blacephalon, Zaprachi, and Celesaur.
@Dark Espeon I saw a dcklist like the one you are talking about, but I think the Muk would be a big bench sitter, and I have Magcargo, Oranguru, and Diancie. But I would like to test it!
Zaprachi should be an “okay” matchup, as long as your opponent can get down to 4 Prizes. You also need a GX attack
...see where this is going? Throw in Drampa GX, IMO.
Blacephalon... I can’t help you there. Drampa GX is still a really good option, hits 180 with a ‘Band...
Celesaur? Is that even a thing? Tech in Cobalion GX. With the Ability and a Rainbow Energy, you practically win.
Happy playing.

Hi Missilistico,

With a focus on Garbodor and Alolan Muk the Blacephalon match up and the Zapdos match up should become much better. Use Buzzwole as a 1-2 card tech when the opponent is down to four prize cards. Since this deck is all Pokémon non-GX there should be an option to use him to his full potential. The charm of Alolan Muk resides in the current meta where item counts seem to be back to the standard 18 to 20 items that we had back in the days when Garbodor first raised it's head.

Hi Missilistico,

Here is an initial sample list:

Pokémon (16):

• 3 Alolan Grimer SM4 (evolution)
  • 3 Alolan Muk SM8a (disable)
  • 3 Garbodor SM2 (beatdown)
  • 4 Trubbish SM2 (evolution)
  • 1 Nihilego SM8 (beatdown)
  • 2 Buzzwole (beatdown)
Trainer (32):
  • 2 Erika's Hospitality (draw)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 3 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 3 Spell Tag (beatdown)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Nest Ball (search)
  • 3 Shrine of Punishment (beatdown)
Energy (12):
  • 3 Rainbow Energy
  • 8 Psychic Energy
  • 1 Beast Energy
Hope this provides some initial assistance.

@Dark Espeon I tried your list (I made must a couple of bland changes) and it definitely doesn't work. There are two main problems: (i) it lacks early game pressure. Your only attacker are Garbodor and Buzzwole. If you don't get Buzzwole, if it dies soon, or if it just make too few damages, your opponent just laugh. The time Garbodor can hit decently, you lose. (ii) Muk doesn't work that well in boosting Garbodor attack. So many times I see only Supporters and mons, or maybe just one Item. So in order to boost Trashlance for 20 damages I have to keep a fat bench sitter weak to fighting and which can be easily Guzma stalled (I added a Switch to you list, but it can be insufficient anyway). All in all, I think it is not that good. Thanks for the list anyway :)
have you got other ideas to replace Weavile?

Hi Missilistico,

The deck sure relies a lot on the meta. Here people tend to go back to heavier item counts. In that scenario Alolan Muk should be able to hit three items on average. If people stick to 16 items Alolan Muk sure is unable to do much.

Interestingly enough, one of my Poké pals went 5-0 at the recent Collinsville League Challenge (just before the Regional tournament) with a similar deck version. No doubt, this deck is quite "strong."

Following are a few comments for your consideration:

Garbodor, IMO, can swing lots of match-ups to your favor; so, a 3-3 line would be better.

A 1-1 Magcargo line is adequate since, most likely, your opponent, most likely, would view it as an important (and easy 1HKO) prize target.

IMO, the BUS Weavile (Rule of Evil) is tooo good not to play although it can also inflict damage onto your Pokémon too. Timing is important.

Why no Oranguru (Resource Management) which can recover and recycle discarded resources? This is especially helpful against mill decks. More importantly, it can recover discarded Special energy.

The Pidgeotto can be a bit redundant and it occupies a valuable bench slot. So, is it really that useful?

4 Nest Ball seem excessive; 3 would seem to be adequate. Similarly, 4 Ultra Ball also seem excessive given your Nest Ball count. Reducing both counts would make room for Timer Ball and/or Mysterious Treasure which would also facilitate your setup.

Erika's Hospitality is too situational to be consistently helpful. Why not just use another "strong" card-draw Supporter instead.

Are just 9 energy sufficient??

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Magcargo
-1 Slugma
-1 Oranguru
-1 Weavile
-1 Pidgeotto
-1 Nest Ball
-1 Judge Whistle
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Erika's Hospitality

+1 Garbodor
+1 Trubbish (or Buzzwole)
+1 Oranguru (Resource Management)
+1 Weavile (Rule of Evil)
+2 Cynthia / Tate & Liza - more card-draw support
+1 Judge

+2 Fighting / Psychic
or
+2 Timer Ball / Mysterious Treasure

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thank you Tux, really appreciating! Without Oranguru SUM and with a lightier line of Magcargo I think the old Weavile can be ok. I'll try this asap!

Back