'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Wechselbalg

brb
Hey, Fight Alone fighting type version for a DCE. Could be interesting. It's also bulkier than the fight alone Lucario. Gio's Exile could also help this, if it ever becomes a deck.

Last edited:

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Shock Lock Weezing? Weezing control? Puts Gyrados out of buisness. Not bad attack either. That thing has the potential to be super irritating....
Fight alone could be a rogue deck, but:

Most of the evolved pokes need 3 colorless energy in their attack costs- Triple Boost time?

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Can we please ban Lusamine in Standard and be done with it? If not Giovanni mill with Lt. Surge is going to be so annoying.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Hope that we'll get an Unova set, because so far by this set, these are the remain pokemon that didn't get any type of card in the Sun & Moon era:

Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Exeggutor* (Kantonian)

Sentret
Furret
Pichu
Igglybuff
Bellossom
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Zigzagoon
Linoone
Azurill
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Wynaut
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Relicanth

Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Budew
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Ambipom
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Munchlax
Finneon
Lumineon
Mantyke
Gallade
Froslass

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Munna
Musharna
Pidove
Tranquill
Unfezant
Woobat
Swoobat
Drilbur
Excadrill
Audino
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Throh
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Basculin
Maractus
Dwebble
Crustle
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Ducklett
Swanna
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Foongus
Amoonguss
Frillish
Jellicent
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Elgyem
Beheeyem
Axew
Fraxure
Haxorus
Cryogonal
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Rufflet
Braviary
Terrakion

Quilladin
Chesnaught
Swirlix
Slurpuff

Pretty much an entire year left of Sun and Moon Era, 115 pokemons left and 10 expansions more this year and with the introduction of babies there is a chance of a all the list to be completed, except for Alakazam evolution line....

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I knew that they would include some Pokemon involving Giovanni's Exile but not like this. 4-4 Rhydon line with 4 Diglett, maybe 2 Rhyperior with Shining Celebi is what I would do.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
THE BABIES ARE BACK
- Where’s my Goomy with Stunfisk in the background?
- Why can’t they make a good Arcanine? AND WHY DOES IT HAVE [C][C][C][C] RETREAT?
- Blacephalon is busted, and it’s 1 Prize. Especially with Welder, that card’s gonna be top.
- Poliwag 2: D’aww. Thanks.
- Poliwrath can hit 180. How? Politoed GRI, that’s how. For 2 Energy. 210 with a ‘Band. It’s good.
- Ghastly 1 looks VERY Interesting.
- Gengar looks pretty cool, especially when in combo with the one from BREAKThrough. Creep Show, anyone? (Seriously, just one new Gengar against a Tag Team deck is a spicy auto-win.)
- I have no clue why TPCI decided to name Wheezing’s Ability “Detention Gas,” but that ability is V E R Y G O O D.
- Mismagius is V E R Y interesting, but probably won’t see play due to its Prize liability and Stage 1, which I think is a c r y i n g s h a m e.
- Diglett looks interesting. Dugtrio sucks, as usual.
- Rhydon mills up to 5 cards, Diglett mills more, all for a DCE and a supporter. Giovanni’s Mill, anyone?
- Of course, everyone’s so excited about the new true mill that nobody paid attention to how a well-placed Rhyperior can block Basic attacks.
- It seems all Baby Pokémon only have Abilities that involve your turn ending. Interesting. Still, many thanks for bringing them back, TPCI.
- Landorus is bad, unfortunately, but the art is nice.
- Crookodile does 50x Retreat cost for a single energy. Crookodile/Absol could be a viable combination. (Well, as viable as a Stage 2 can be.)
- I have a ruling question on baby Persian. Does this mean that attaching a Memory Energy or using Shining Celebi mean that Persian GX can attack for free? If so b u s t e d.
- Speaking of Persian GX, the Ability is straight-up AWESOME, and the attack does 220 with a ‘Band for 1 energy, possibly 0 if the ruling works out.
- Snorlax: POWER LUNCH! Besides the name, it’s not too good. The attack hitting 180 against a Tag Team is great, but not enough.
- What the heck is a Zag Pickel? Either way, not really playable.
- The trainer reprints are playable and stylish, as always, big thanks to TPCI.
I’m pretty excited!
REEEEEEEEEEE WHERE’S MY GOOMY

ICEdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I never liked Persian. Until now. That Persian GX ability is just sick. It's like a Twins without using up a Supporter.
I know it's weakness a liability but you can grab Guzma, special energy or any energy you need, Stadium you need, evolution you need to pull off hard to pull off combos, etc., etc. And if you opponent is knocking Persian GX off, they are probably ignoring the other 'mon you are building up.

May be a total failure of a card, but so fun to try out.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I went through the cards in order, and I knew there was gonna be some sort of effect with that Cat Nap attack after seeing Litten and then the Espurr line having the attack. So it's kinda like the Rotom deck; but with an easier condition to meet, but less variety of attackers and damage. So far only Psychic and Fire damage (no wonder that Litten actually had a fairly powerful attack for a Basic that could evolve twice). What else could be added in the future? Liepard as a Darkness type attacker maybe?

Baby Pokémon are really bad, but it's good to see them back. I was surprised when I saw Tyrogue, though he might of had a connection to that Hitmon combo but unfortunately not. Interesting choices we got as well; we got Jigglypuff line and Snorlax in this set but they gave us Cleffa and Happiny instead of their babies (but not that there's any evolution connection between the cards).

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Persian GX is insane. Prolly my new favorite card. So is Rhydon. So is half this set tbh.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
- Snorlax: POWER LUNCH! Besides the name, it’s not too good. The attack hitting 180 against a Tag Team is great, but not enough.

I think you're underestimating Snorlax a little bit here, 180 for 2 energy attachments is solid on a 1-prize Basic. Can't really expect it to be able land a OHKO on a 3-prize Poke that easily, so this hits an easy 2HKO on all of them, including Magikarp & Wailord with a Buff Padding, without needing any other modifiers. Since it doesn't need Choice Band, it can use Buff Padding itself giving it a solid 200HP. If you're not facing a Tag Team deck then it's not that great, but it could still be useful being a nice little wall.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I have a question about Normal Persians ability. If you use Shining Celebi to allow Persian GX to use Cat Nap does that mean its affected by Normal Persians ability as well?

I have a ruling question on baby Persian. Does this mean that attaching a Memory Energy or using Shining Celebi mean that Persian GX can attack for free? If so b u s t e d.

Celebi says "Each of your evolved Pokemon can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)"
soooooooooooooo...
Unless in english it says something like "Your Pokemon that can use cat nap (I don't remember what the attack is called) can attack for free"
then no, celebi doesn't work
Memory energy is the same thing.
soooooooooooooooooooooo...
Can I get an F in the chat?

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Im loving this set, it's wonderful to see some non staple Pokemon get GXs (Honchrkow, Whimsicott, Persian, etc).
They need to grow a spine and start making Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam cards again

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Im loving this set, it's wonderful to see some non staple Pokemon get GXs (Honchrkow, Whimsicott, Persian, etc).
They need to grow a spine and start making Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam cards again

I think they'll stay away from Kadabra just to be "better safe than sorry" but they could do the same thing they did with Abra and Alakazam the last time they printed them (In DP Mysterious Treasures). They gave Abra the attack "Ultra Evolution" that read as follows "Search your deck for Alakazam and put it onto Abra (this counts as evolving Abra). Shuffle your deck after". This allowed them to skip the need to print Kadabra but that was the last time they printed Abra and they just made Alakazam basics from then onwards with EX and Mega Alakazam cards and an Alakazam SP. (They could be a bit cheeky and make a Basic Alakazam GX but I doubt it).