• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Burning Hand (Salazzle / Celesteela GX / Oranguru / Unown)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
BURNING HAND

images

Pokémon (14):
  • 1 Unown SM8 (win condition)
  • 1 Ditto Prism Star (evolution)
  • 3 Oranguru SM5 (retrieval)
  • 4 Salandit SM6a (evolve)
  • 4 Salazzle SM10 (draw)
  • 1 Celesteela GX (draw)
Trainer (32):
  • 2 Prof. Elm's Lecture (search)
  • 1 Guzma (control)
  • 1 Gladion (search)
  • 4 Looker (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 3 Looker's Whistle (search)
  • 4 Fire Crystal (retrieval)
  • 2 Timer Ball (search)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Nest Ball (search)
  • 1 Heat Factory Prism (draw)
Energy (14):
  • 14 Fire Energy

STRATEGY:

The main idea is to bench three to four Salandit and evolve them into Salazzle on the second turn. Start to draw cards with Salazzle and the other draw cards. Retrieve discarded Basic Fire Energy with Fire Crystal to fuel Roast Reveal and Heat Factory Prism. The chosen draw cards should enable this deck to draw up to 24 cards within one turn. Once the deck has 35 cards in hand bench Unown and Guzma it into the active spot to win the match.

SPOILER:

Celesteela GX
Basic Colorless Pokémon - Ultra Beast
HP: 200
Ability: Force Canceller
As long as this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, prevent all effects of your opponent’s GX attacks, include damage, done to each of your Pokémon.
[C][C][C] Power Cyclone: 110
Move an Energy from this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
[C] Discovery GX
Count your prize cards and put them into your hand. Then, take that many cards from the top of your deck and put them face-down as your Prize cards.
Retreat Cost: CCCC
Weakness: L
Resistance: F

Salazzle
Stage 1 Fire Pokémon - evolves from Salandit
HP: 100
Ability: Roast Reveal
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a [R] Energy from your hand. If you do, draw 3 cards.
[R][C] Combustion: 60
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: W

Fire Crytsal
Trainer - Item
Put 3 Fire Energy cards from your discard pile into your hand.

Last edited:

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
That deck seems almost unstoppable but the Celesteala GX and Unown seem unnecessarily flimsy. My suggestions are:
+1 Unknown
+1 Celesteala GX
-1 Looker(you can search them)
-1 timer/ultra ball (timer has coins ): but ultra ball discards 2, so either work)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi iGeek256,

Thanks for the review. I can see a second Unown to ensure the deck is a little more consistent but I like the Celesteela GX count because it is solely used for Discovery GX . Will test to see whether cutting one Looker or one Timer Ball is the better option here once I have access to the cards within the next two weeks.