• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Batteries Reloaded (Vikavolt / Zapdos / Tapu Koko / Dedenne GX)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
BATTERIES RELOADED

latest

Pokémon (18):
  • 1 Tapu Koko Prism (accelerate)
  • 3 Tapu Koko SM-P (beatdown)
  • 4 Vikavolt SM9a (beatdown)
  • 4 Charjabug SM9a (enables)
  • 4 Grubbin SM9a (evolution)
  • 2 Dedenne GX (draw)
Trainer (36):
  • 3 Volkner (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 3 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 3 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 3 Lure Ball (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Nest Ball (search)
  • 1 Thunder Mountain Prism (enable)
  • 2 Shrine of Punishment (beatdown)
Energy (06):
  • 6 Lightning Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Tapu Koko or Grubbin and search for the Vikavolt line. Have three Grubbin on the battlefield and use Volkner to search for Rare Candies to evolve them. Attach Choice Band and Charjabug to Vikavolt to knock out the defender in one hit. Use Tapu Koko Prism and Rescue Stretcher to retrieve discarded resources. Note that Charjabug does not count as the manual attachment per turn.

Last edited:

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Nice deck! Lure Ball hasn't seen much play but I guess it does make sense in this deck. Insane you can get your Charjabug (double lightning Energy) back so easy And have a regular energy attachment...

You could play Tapu Koko Prism. But it might be overkill. But it will help to use the regular energies in your discard pile.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi lukas2aces,

Charjabug's Batteries ability is real nice. It is an extra attachment for each Charjabug in your hand. Tapu Koko Prism would be nice for Vikavolt and Zapdos alike but how to fit it into the deck?

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think 1 less Rescue Stretcher. The most important one to recover is Charjabug I guess, and you are already playing 3 Lure Ball.

Tapu Koko Prism gets you 1 possibility to get 2 energies from your discard back and still 5 options to get Pokemon back (3 Lure Ball, 2 Rescue Stretcher) instead of 0 basic energy recovery and 6 Pokemon recovery.

But of course you have to test it, which I haven't done with this deck. But I guess I would start testing with 1 Tapu Koko Prism as well.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi lukas2aces,

Thanks for the review. Sounds reasonable. Modified the deck in line with this proposal and also included some additional Pokémon search items to enable the deck to set up faster.

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
Very good deck, I have a similar one. I would recommend having electropowers to stack on top of the choice bands so you can reach 280 and knock out the 270 tag teams for 3 prizes, also max potions would work well if you use them right after a 220 attack when you have no energies on your vikavolt.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi iGeek256,

Thanks for the review. Electro Power is a nice addition but I decided not to use it due to space limitation. Depending on the local meta I would see it being used instead of Choice Band. Not that sure about Max Potion since Vikavolt does not tend to last more than one to two turns.