• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Thundurus GX

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Hey, it’s that one card nobody knows what does! (Besides Shiny Zygarde, Raikou, and Zekrom, of course.)

Pokémon: 11
2 Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)
1 Tapu Koko Prism Star (TEU 51)
1 Zebstrika (LOT 82)
3 Thundurus-GX (SMP 133)
1 Blitzle (LOT 81)
1 Tapu Koko-GX (GRI 47)
1 Marshadow (SLG 45)
1 Raikou (LOT 79)

Trainers: 40
1 Lost Blender (LOT 181)
4 Electrocharger (TEU 139)
2 Bill's Analysis (TEU 133)
4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
2 Volkner (UPR 135)
1 Thunder Mountain Prism Star (LOT 191)
2 Erika's Hospitality (TEU 140)
3 Cynthia (UPR 119)
1 Field Blower (GRI 125)
4 Acro Bike (CLS 123)
3 Wishful Baton (BUS 128)
4 Nest Ball (SM 123)
4 Electropower (LOT 172)
2 Guzma (BUS 115)
2 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
1 Acerola (BUS 112)

Energy: 9
9 Lightning Energy

The whole strategy here is to charge up a Thundurus GX’s Electric Ball to hit easy 170s with Electropower, more with Electrocharger. I find Wishful Baton to be better than Choice Band in the sense that you can go a lot longer without charging up again (a deadly task) for the sacrifice of damage, which is a good trade-off IMO.
Thoughts, questions, comments, concerns! Anything will be taken into consideration as long as it doesn’t involve killing the deck.

Last edited:
Ehi Lord, I have just few suggestions here, but I like your kinda vanilla idea.
First of all, I'd cut a Thundurus. Three should be enough to hit consistently with it.
What I think you lack here is something to deal with one prize deck, especially Lost March. You could consider maybe Raikou SHL and baby Zeraora: they can deal, with Electropower, with Lost March and 130 hp one prize mons.
You could consider even to add an Acerola, in order to recover comatose Lele and Thundurus after Koko.
Finally, I'd keep the stadium count to three at least, or the new prism star stadium can be boring.
Just say me what do you think about these :)

Ehi Lord, I have just few suggestions here, but I like your kinda vanilla idea.
First of all, I'd cut a Thundurus. Three should be enough to hit consistently with it.
What I think you lack here is something to deal with one prize deck, especially Lost March. You could consider maybe Raikou SHL and baby Zeraora: they can deal, with Electropower, with Lost March and 130 hp one prize mons.
You could consider even to add an Acerola, in order to recover comatose Lele and Thundurus after Koko.
Finally, I'd keep the stadium count to three at least, or the new prism star stadium can be boring.
Just say me what do you think about these :)
I like these a lot. I’m gonna do this:
-1 Thundurus GX
-1 Guzma
-1 Marshadow

+1 Raikou
+1 Lost Blander
+1 Acerola

Alright, let's see:
  • Since you're following a more defensive strategy, you'll want cards like Aether Paradise Conservation Area to keep your fragile Thundurus from getting KO'd. Maybe add another Koko-GX and Acerola to fully deny KOs without losing tempo.
  • Acro Bikes are not a good substitute for draw Supporters, that you're running too few of already.
  • I've got a bad feeling about only running 9 energy for a 3-cost attack, even with Thunder Mountain in the deck, especially since you'll need to draw at least one to accelerate with Thundurus. I'd get rid of a couple Electrochargers for some more energy.
How about a cheeky 1-of Fliptini to make Thunduru's GX attack a bit more spicy?

Back