'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I N S A N I T Y
First of all, Porygon-Z is GOOD, especially in Expanded. Think about it: as many Strong and Beast and DC Energy as you want. That’s GOOD. For clear partners, I don’t know yet.
Triple Boost Energy: WHOOOOOOAOOAOAOAOOAOAH. This is insane, and I don’t even think I can convey my euphoria in words. First of all, it doesn’t work on Tag Teams or Ultra Beasts (Besides Naga), both of which I dislike. Second of all, it’s 3 energy for one. Zoroark can use this, but so can anything. Now, the discard at the end of turn is what I’m afraid of. If this is a core of your deck, and DCE rotates, you have to win the game in four turns or less or come up with another Energy allotment plan. Still, I love it.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I N S A N I T Y
First of all, Porygon-Z is GOOD, especially in Expanded. Think about it: as many Strong and Beast and DC Energy as you want. That’s GOOD. For clear partners, I don’t know yet.
Triple Boost Energy: WHOOOOOOAOOAOAOAOOAOAH. This is insane, and I don’t even think I can convey my euphoria in words. First of all, it doesn’t work on Tag Teams or Ultra Beasts (Besides Naga), both of which I dislike. Second of all, it’s 3 energy for one. Zoroark can use this, but so can anything. Now, the discard at the end of turn is what I’m afraid of. If this is a core of your deck, and DCE rotates, you have to win the game in four turns or less or come up with another Energy allotment plan. Still, I love it.

There's so many different Special Energies in Standard now, with addition of this, I do wonder if they'll add some sort of Trainer or maybe an ability to bring back discarded Special Energy...

Nyora

A Cat
I can see porygon being super dumb in expanded, as due to blend/unit/prism/rainbow energies, dude, EVERYTHING HAS DELUGE NOW. But its a stage 2 eith no easy way to slam it on the bench so idk

Wechselbalg

brb
I N S A N I T Y

In all honesty both of these are completely busted in Expanded with all the types of special energy around PLUS Special Charge which breaks Triple Boost Energy. Faba doesn't even work on it since it gets discarded at the end of your turn. There's still Girafarig though.

Last edited:

dicemaze

Aspiring Trainer
In expanded I could see porygon-z seeing play; there’s just so many kind stuff of special energy here. Maybe in standard it could see use with unit energies, but I doubt it

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
That Porygon-Z seems really interesting, Blastoise/Magnezone for special energy is gonna make some decks viable that no one is playing right now because setup is too slow/impractical and (apart from Lugia GX) I don't even know what.

And Boost isn't a prism star either. I wanted to try out the new Pidgeot's second attack for disruption in combination with skull grunt and stuff but needing multiple attachments was too much of an achilles heel. (Probably still not *good*, but I have my biases.)

Colorless is getting some great tools and I'm intrigued to see how they'll work.

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
Garde will make a another appearance at worlds then? Team mates as well haha.

On a related subject you can turn three evergreen gx which makes the jirachi build of celebi venusaur actually dispicable?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
The compressed images of the full card in the thumbnails on the news page don't look good...could we got back to zoom ins on the art?
We think so too! Unfortunately the system is broken right now, so that isn't possible. Hopefully you'll enjoy the articles nonetheless!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Really looking forward to the combos that could come out of Porygon-Z! I only wish it was more hefty -- 130 HP on a Stage 2 doesn't seem to cut it any more and makes it very vulnerable to drag / snipe.

In Expanded it could be interesting with Double Dragon Energy (in addition to all the Blend, etc. Energies) -- I wonder if there are any hidden dragons we dismissed due to high or odd energy costs. Maybe it could also make a mixed Dragon deck a lot more viable than previously.

I'm still dying to use Muk^2 though. We gotta find a way to make it work!!!

bateloche

Aspiring Trainer
Well, now we just need a special charge reprint. Seriously, we no longer need to mourn the loss of DCE in August, as now we have TCE. Porygon - Z is cool, and the ability is busted, but I can only see it working in decks that already play rare candy *cough* *Nidoqueen* *cough*. Nidoqueen with no longer needs Mally, as you can use TCE, DCE and Psychic Energy for consistency. I can't wait. Also, I don't think I've ever clicked on a notification, as I never thought I'd see the words Triple, Colorless and Energy in the same sentence. TCE 7/10 (goes to 8 or 9 if we get a Special Charge Reprint) Porygon - Z 6/10 (Cool card, but needs candy to be useful)

We don’t lose DCE in August. There’s a DCE print in Celestial Storm and there’s no way CES will be rotated this year

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Triple Boost Energy getting revealed is the funniest thing I've seen this morning, coming from watching people every now and then saying DCE needs to be banned (at least in Expanded) and then before starting work I see this lol. Jokes aside, this can help out a lot of cards. Gardevoir-GX (as @TatsuyaOrimuta already pointed out), TEU Nidoqueen, TEU Tyranitar, and possibly more stage 2 pokemon that will be brought to life by the existence of this card. It's going to make Gardevoir-GX feel more like it's 2004 counterpart where it used the old Boost Energy to load up an attack that did a lot more damage, so I'm glad a card that sort of creates mindgames is back in the format.

Porygon's ability is theoretically insane! I say theoretically though, because not only is he a stage 2 pokemon, but he also needs the energies in hand most of the games he's in. This is still a really cool card though and while I have no clue what shenanigan I'm gonna do with him in standard, that ability opens up a lot of possibilities.
Here's a thought: Warp Energy.
Warp Energy to TEU Jirachi after using Stellar Wish to get your deck going. You already run Rare Candies for Porygon-Z so Jirachi can already grab those as well. Albeit Warp Energy is only a switch in that scenario but just thought nonetheless.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
We don’t lose DCE in August. There’s a DCE print in Celestial Storm and there’s no way CES will be rotated this year
I checked multiple sources and I couldn't find this just to make sure, so I am now thinking that DCE will get rotated.

I'm just theorizing here, but I think this is to purposely boost evolution decks while nerfing basic decks, maybe to balance out Tag Teams? It makes sense in my head even if it will take 4 months outside of Japan for that to come in affect.