• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tool Drop 2.0

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Just another variant I am testing IRL so I only have one Jirachi atm.

3 Honedge (Team Up)
1 Honedge (Forbidden Light 47)
4 Doublade
2 Aegislash (Team Up)
2 Genesect GX
1 Jirachi
1 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
1 Ditto Prism Star

3 Adventure Bag
3 Choice Band
3 Escape Board
2 Metal Goggles
2 Metal Frying Pan
1 Counter Gain
3 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Cynthia
2 Tate and Liza
3 Lillie
2 Guzma

4 Metal Energy
4 DCE
3 Memory Energy

Aegislash adds some bulk and its attack is pretty good as well since it avoids effects on opposing Pokemon.

In May:
-1 Tate and Liza
-4 Metal Energy
-1 Memory Energy
-1 ?

+1 Dusk Stone
+1 Volkner
+4 Lightning Energy
+1 Tapu Koko Prism Star

Last edited:
I'd go for a couple more tools and a Rescue Stretcher or two, but that's about it. You could probably cut an Aegislash, and Adventure Bag and a Metal Energy for them. Maybe even change a Lillie to an Erika's? Honestly, this deck seems just fine. How does it run during testing?

Could definitely cut an Aegislash and an Adventure Bag for another Metal Frying Pan and a Rescue Stretcher. Having done any testing yet but am hoping to when I get the rest of the cards later this week.

Firstly:

I SO wanna build this and call it “Tool Time”, :p

Looking at this list, have you thought about a 1-off copy of Shining Celebi to assist with Memory Energy?

I did but bench space is a little tight. As for why I am not running Erika, not only do I not have any but I would rather run something like Hau or another Lillie.

Last edited:
Hey,

I am testing a similar deck to this, ave you thought about including more Genesect-GX to maximise damage output? And also, personally I don't think Aegislash with Memory Energy are that useful, because the odds are Aegislash will still be OHKO'd, and without more tools than you currently run, it's hard to consistently hit the high damage (currently your maximum non-weakness damage to a GX (without taking opponent tools into consideration) is 240 and that's if you max out your bench and have the max tools on each Pokemon (6 Pokemon, 7 Tools incl. Choice band). Currently you only have 11 tools in your deck and only 9 Basics, which reduces the odds of getting what you need out fast enough significantly, even with Adventure Bag.

And why don't you run any Jasmines? Getting a Jasmine on turn 1 basically guarantees the set up for this deck, and personally I choose Jasmine over Lillie for that reason. Also since you have a good number of Pokemon in the deck, you can also use Pokemon Communication instead of Ultra Balls in some situations, since you have Nest Balls for the basics.

Hope what I said is helpful!

I am hoping to do some IRL testing soon with this deck. Aegislash has an effective HP of 180 with its ability so I am not worried about it getting one shot by anything other Blacephelon or a Tag Team. I did take out Lele for another Genesect for the extra damage it allows me. Without Lele, Jasmine is pointless in most cases.

I am hoping to do some IRL testing soon with this deck. Aegislash has an effective HP of 180 with its ability so I am not worried about it getting one shot by anything other Blacephelon or a Tag Team. I did take out Lele for another Genesect for the extra damage it allows me. Without Lele, Jasmine is pointless in most cases.

Hmm with 3 Jasmines I hit her pretty consistently on turn one but I can see where you're coming from. And yeah, I guess a lot of Pokemon can't really do 180 in a turn, but something like Dusk Mane Necrozma does 220-250 per turn, so that's why personally I kept Aegislash out. Keep us updated if you do any testing!

Made a change from Zeb to Pidgeotto and yes I plan on running a Dusk Stone or two when Unbroken Bonds is released.

Back