• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Expanded Memes/Rogues (BW-TEU)

Nyora

A Cat
Here’s a pretty neat list of expanded meme & rogue decks I’ve created. There is some Team Up cards, but I’m still experimenting with those, so I might update the lists with those soon. I’ll be posting the list, some explanations and how the deck works, it’s counters, and some possible additions. I won’t be going into specific matchups.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 4 Unown AOR 30
* 4 Magikarp CIN 17
* 1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20
* 2 Gyarados BUS 33

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N NVI 101
* 2 Super Scoop Up UL 83
* 4 Order Pad UPR 131
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 157

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The premise of the list is so simple, setup Gyarados with Archie’s Ace in the Hole, get Magikarps in the discard, and attack, all T1.

Card Explanations:
4 Unown - I love these in Archie’s decks. They are very good for setting up to get Gyarados in the field,but are also excellent afterwards, say you Archie’s a Gyarados onto the field and you have 1 Unown active and 1 Benched, that’s an effective two extra cards you get to draw, which is great for getting the Choice Band and DCE onto Gyarados easier.

2 Super Scoop Up - Starting Magikarp, Shaymin, or Eggs is all kind of sad, yet very common. While they aren’t all too bad, being able to take these to the hand, and then wherever they belong, is a very good thing to do indeed. Even if it fails, it empties your hand of a card, possibly making Archie’s easier to use.

2 Shrine of Punishment - Damage addition, really. Sucks if you have the 2nd in hand with 1 already out, but it’s not a huge deal granted you have a Computer Search or Ultra Ball. The numbers are as such:

50 x 3 + 30 + 10 = 190, Buzzwole-GX, Ultra Necrozma-GX notably.
50 x 4 + 10 = Zoroark-GX
50 x 3 + 30 = Seismitoad-EX, Rayquaza-GX, Blacephalon-GX (If it somehow has no weakness lol)
50 x 4 + 30 + 10 = 240 = Decidueye-GX, Sceptile-GX.
50 x 4 + 30 = FFB Seismitoad-EX, Blacephalon-GX (lol)
50 x 4 = 200, Sylveon-GX
50 x 2 = Most evolving basics, Blacephalon-GX (IMPORTANT, as they can play Lysandre Prism Star, which is a huge counter.)
50 x 1 = Hoppip, Natu, Joltik (Important, as it means you have the opportunity to bench a Magikarp and manually evolve a Gyarados).
Probably forgetting a lot lol. This is also all accounting for that they get rid of the shrine on their turn, but if they don’t, well obviously those numbers vary, as you can now hit 250, 220, 200, etc. HP if they don’t get rid of it or otherwise prevent Shrine of Punishment from KOing then.

1 Seismitoad-EX - Honestly, I’m shaky on this too, but I personally like using it. It doesn’t really help too much, but if you aren’t able to setup T1, or don’t think you can, this guy can help stall out a turn or 2.

1 Sudowoodo - I like this card in general because if it’s disruptive power.

Possible Additions to the deck:
Mysterious Treasures - Gets Unown, thins your hand.
Ditto Prism Star - Allows you to evolve for a 2nd Gyarados. Keep in mind that while benching a Gyarados may be easier, its not exactly too hard - given a decent hand - to Archie’s another Gyarados relatively quickly, as soon as T2.
Judge Whistles - 56 card deck is 56 card deck. It’s good.
Judge (only if judge whistle) for N. You now have 8 VS Seekers for this prevent-yourself-from-milling-your-self card, enjoy.

Counters -
Item Lock if you don’t get T1, even then it’s shaky.
Lysandre Prism Star/Girafarig - No Magikarps = no damage.
Fat mons such as warlord and Magikarp, especially if they can OHKO, like wailord and Magikarp, as while it’s not too hard to setup multiple Gyarados, it’s not something you want to do either, especially since you’ll find yourself down to 1 or even 0 cards very fast. You would, however, trade prizes in your favor vs wailord and Magikarp at least, but I’m not going to get into matchups too much.
Stall - Faba is a huge hit to this deck, and Energy denial in general sucks for it, playing only 4 Energy.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 3 Voltorb XY 44
* 2 Electrode-GX CES 155
* 3 Celesteela CES 100
* 3 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 1 Oricorio GRI 56

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 Professor Juniper PLB 84
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N NVI 101
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Life Dew PLF 107

##Energy - 10

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 4 Shield Energy PRC 143
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 1 Metal Energy 17

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Celesteela is a deck where your going to turn Celesteela into a very powerful, bulky attacker as soon as T2. Using Electrode-GX, Dhelmise/Choice Band/Beast Energy, Shield Energy, and Fighting Fury Belt, Celesteela is able to OHKO large threats, and then in turn likely to be able to live an attack back on it.

Card Explanations:
1 Sudowoodo - for Zoroark, mostly, but I’ve found that limiting the foe’s setup is very helpful if you feel like living an attack, especially since you play Sky Field. A bench of 4 makes it harder for them to setup, which in turns makes in harder to take Knockouts.

1 Oricorio - Vespiquen.

Life Dew - Used on Electrode-GX to lower the Prize cards it gives your opponent.

Everything else is rather self explainable- Shield Energy reduces damage dealt to you, Choice Band/Dhelmise/Beast Energy increases your damage, and Fury Belt effectively does both. Here’s some numbers:

160 + (10 x 3) + 30 + 30 = 250, your maximum damage output. KOs everything but Magikarp & Wailord-GX, and now every Tag Team except Latios/Latias & Gengar/Mimikyu.
160 = Most anything not EX or GX, excluding Marshadow, Shaymin, and Jirachi.
160 + (10 x 1) = 170, Tapu Lele-GX,
160 + (10 x 3), 160 + 30, 160 + 30 = 190, Buzzwole-GX, Ultra Necrozma-GX.
160 + (10 x 2) = Blacephalon-GX, Seismitoad-EX, Rayquaza-GX.
160 + (10 x 2) + 30 = 210, minimum damage needed to OHKO Zoroark-GX.
160 + (10 x 3) + 30 = 220, FFB Blacephalon-GX, FFB Seismitoad-EX, FFB Rayquaza-GX.

Counters:
Faba - You literally play 9 Special Energies, and a few important Tools, as well as Sky Field.
Alola Muk/Silent Lab - Shuts down Shaymin, Oranguru, Sudowoodo, and Dhelmise.
Getting OHKO’ed - You don’t trade evenly besides with Tag Teams which are hard to OHKO, so getting OHKOed is very bad for Celesteela.
Not OHKOing - More chance for them to KO, but a lot more noticeable here as compared to a lot of other decks.

Possible Additions to the Deck:
Lusamine Prism Star - You know what I said about getting OHKO’ed? This helps a lot, especially since you can sort of manipulate your opponent’s prizes, or rather how many they take, ish.
Faba - Again, an attempt at not getting OHKO’ed
4th Voltorb - Getting these T1 is super important, so having a 4th may help with that.
4th Dhelmise - Boost your damage a bit, now your max is 260. Not super relevant rn, except Pikarom-GX, but may be in the future.
3 more Life Dew - This is busted.

I know I said I wouldn’t go too heavily into MUs either, but a cool thing to note is that Voltorb can OHKO Natu/Joltik with it’s Ability, lol.

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Goomy FLI 91
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 2 Marshadow SLG 45
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Hustle Belt CES 134
* 2 Tormenting Spray BUS 125
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Faba LOT 208
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N NVI 101
* 3 Red Card GEN 71
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 3 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 4

* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137

Total Cards - 60

Now, I’m not expert on a perfect build of an Exodia list, but from what I know it’s Red Card/Marshadow -> Delinquent -> Tormenting Spray/Peeking Red Card. This is basically that but with Goomys. I like Unown in a lot of decks, especially fast ones that let you limit your own hand size (Archie’s, Let Loose). They also work perfectly in here since everything beside Shaymin-EX is searchable through Mysterious Treasure. You just Exodia them, then sit there as they realize they need a ton of Energy to attack. Zoroark cant just slam down a DCE either if they get lucky, as you can Faba it.

Not many card explanations tbh, it’s all fairly simple.

Counters:
Wobbuffet, good draws, Oranguru, opponent going first.

Possible additions:
Altarias - you hit max 70, that’s weak.
More Tormenting Sprays/Adding Peeking Red Card - Allows for the final step of Exodia to be more easily achieved.

Well, that’s all for now, but be sure to keep checking because I’ll be editing this post with more every once in awhile! Any advice is also accepted!

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
try voltorb with baby buzz

its good especially when you pile 3 strong energy onto one baby buzz and whack them for 210 with a choice band or 280 max damage 4 strong+ beast+ diancie+ choice

AntiYouJD

Mill Enthusiast
I'm just gonna add this little gem here, Excadrill/Dhelmise:

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Drilbur PRC 89
* 4 Excadrill PRC 97
* 3 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Escape Board UPR 167
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 12

* 3 Shield Energy PRC 143
* 5 Metal Energy Energy 8
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

It isn't exactly expanded optimized because I've been playing it since Ancient Origins was still legal in Standard. Despite that, it really makes me laugh when I set up correctly and get 2 KOs each turn.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Well, you can't play Goomy Exodia anymore...
The new Exeggutor with Plasma Blast Exeggcute looks fun. Nidoqueen and Charizard could possibly work too.
Morgan Box with Random Receiver and Shaymins could be hilarious.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Yeah, Lance works. You could also run an alternative attacker like a Toad or something to KO the Muk.