Lusamine and Delinquent Banned from Expanded!

Sad because delinquent can be such a fun card to play but much like hex it can also be broken in the hands of the players who only care about winning

Where are all these crazy combos and why can't I find them before people who are paid to play test the game do.

Where are all these crazy combos and why can't I find them before people who are paid to play test the game do.

The only reason Delinquent's ban comes as a surprise the same reason the announcement is a surprise; it came at the 11th hour (possibly literally) before the changes to the Ban List announced a month ago went into effect.

I am curious what we missed with Lusamine; it can't be what she's managed in Standard, or at least not exactly, as she's untouched there.

Edit: Wait! I figured it out! Hide Bianca, Bonnie, Lillie, and Gladion! They're after the blondes! ;)

Ok, place your bets now!
How fast do you think the UPR FA lusamine will go down to under $3?
It is at $11.68 (tcgplayer) right now.

I'm thinking 10 days but I really have no idea.

Well, that marks two full art supporters from the Premium Trainer's XY Collection box unusable for play. On the bright side, at least no one will want them on PTCGO anymore and I can keep mine! :D

On the day Delinquent was revealed, I predicted it would get banned somehow, due to how it could combine with red card to cripple hands. I never expected it to take this long, though - I guess the "Exodia" strategies with the Peeping Red Card really put it over the top, finally.

Lusamine, though... I can only guess that it has to do with the enormous HP Tag Team mons introduced, which made stall decks way too powerful. Considering how Lusamine has been a backbone card for preserving resources for that deckstyle, it could produce 'endless' battle situations that are just ridiculous to play against.

I'm ok with these bans. Lusamine seems contriversial if it deserves it, but I think of Lusamine as an instigator to possible degeneracy

I can understand Delinquent but Lusamine? I only hope this doesn't affect he card's legality in Standard, Sylveon Stall is too much fun and losing Lusamine would REALLY hurt the deck.

Lusamine was a long time coming, especially with Lt. Surge coming out. Looks like it is only for Expanded but they need to ban it in standard or at least maybe do a limit.

I remember when Lusamine was first revealed and people thought it was terrible. One thing I have learned after years of playing various TCG's is that if a card can be broken, the player base will find it. Stall is a degenerate play style by nature and so eliminating non-Pokemon stall related things is never a bad thing.

I remember when Lusamine was first revealed and people thought it was terrible. One thing I have learned after years of playing various TCG's is that if a card can be broken, the player base will find it. Stall is a degenerate play style by nature and so eliminating non-Pokemon stall related things is never a bad thing.
Just quote all of this for truth

If balanced, stall is not a degenerate playstyle - fast aggro decks with big basics and "unbreakable" T1 lock decks are things that are degenerate. Surge would have made these two cards too strong in control decks, and Lusamine can already loop herself very easily with VS Seeker which justifies the Expanded ban.

Neither of these bans are a suprise, we even had a pretty long thread discussing the possibility of banning Lusamine and Delinquent. Although I still think that Surge should not be Expanded legal either.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't play Expanded and I don't care what is banned there. I'll just say that I really hope Lusamine is banned in Standard too, or at least receive an errata where it can't pick up another Lusamine from the discard pile.

Back