Contest January 2019 CaC: Artificial Pokémon! (Results Up!)

Magneton – Metal – HP 80
Stage 1 Pokémon — Evolves from Magnemite

NO. 082 Magnet Pokémon HT: 3’03” WT: 132.3 lbs.

Ability: Magnetic Absorption
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may play this Pokémon onto your Bench. If you do, choose 3 Magnemite you have in play. Move all Energy attached to them to this Pokémon. Then, discard those Pokémon.

[M][M][M] Magnetic Pulse: 50x damage. This attack does 50 damage for each Magnemite in your discard pile.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: [C][C][C]
A linked cluster formed of several Magnemite. It discharges powerful magnetic waves at high voltage.

Magneton is a Pokémon that is made up of three Magnemite. It’s uh, literally just three living magnets combined. :p

Porygon2 – [C] – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Porygon

Ability: Trick Room
Your Pokemon in play with [C][C][C] or more Retreat Cost have no Retreat Cost.
[C][C] Tri-Attack 30
Flip three coins. If one of them is heads, your opponents Active Pokémon is now Burned. If two of them are heads, your opponents Active Pokémon is now Confused. If all of them are heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat: [C] [C]
Porygon2 was created by humans using the power of science. The man-made Pokémon has been endowed with artificial intelligence that enables it to learn new gestures and emotions on its own.

Here is my entry this month:
Voltorb - Lightning - HP: 50
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Camouflage as Poké Ball
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a Poké Ball from your discard pile to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. If this Pokémon has a Poké Ball attached to it and is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 1 fewer Prize card. You can't use more than 1 Camouflage as Poké Ball Ability each turn.

(L)(C) Surprise! It's not a Poké Ball!
Put a Poké Ball attached to this Pokémon into the Lost Zone. If you do, discard a card attached to your opponent's active Pokémon.

Weakness: (F)x2
Resistance: -
Retreat: (C)

Voltorb was first sighted at a company that manufactures Poké Balls. The link between that sighting and the fact that this Pokémon looks very similar to a Poké Ball remains a mystery.

References: Typhlosion (Lost Thunder) for putting cards in the Lost Zone, Klefki (Steam Siege) and Life Dew for the ability. Voltorb and, as such, Electrode, first appeared, according to several Pokédex entries, at the company where modern Poké Balls were developed. It is rumored that it was first created when a Poké Ball was exposed to a powerful pulse of energy. This is why it's an artificial Pokémon.

Golurk HP 150 Fighting
Stage 1 - Evolves from Golett
NO.623 Automaton Pokémon HT: 9’02” WT: 727.5 lbs.

/Ability/ ~ Ancient Effects
Once during your turn, (before your attack) if there is a Stadium card in play, you may look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. Put a Stadium card you find there with a different name than the current Stadium card in play next to the current Stadium card in play. That card stays next to that Stadium card while that card is still in play. Discard that card if another Stadium card comes into play. The current Stadium card in play has the same effects of the card next to it in addition to it’s own effects. That card counts as being put into play. Then, shuffle your deck. If there is already a card next to the current Stadium card in play, you can’t use this Ability.

[F][C][C][C] Construct 110
Shuffle all Stadium cards from your discard pile into your deck. Discard an Energy from this Pokémon.

Some say that ancient people invented Golurk to serve as a laborer. It follows its master’s orders faithfully.

Weakness: Grass x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 4

There are fifteen hours left on the clock ...

But, as some of y'all may have noticed, we only have one entry for image-based! In the interest of having a competition, I'm going to extend the image-based deadline by a week, putting us through to noon EST on Thursday, February 7. Based on PMs I've received, this would allow at least a couple of you to submit for this contest, so we should have actual judging results. :p

Tagging @Nyan, @Kavross, @Gabs Kazumi, @that ivy guy. Y'all get your entries in!

Text-based will still close in 15 hours. This is so that @VioletValkyrie can get started on her judging ASAP, and shouldn't affect any of y'all too much as we're not currently waiting on anyone in that category. ^.^

There are fifteen hours left on the clock ...

But, as some of y'all may have noticed, we only have one entry for image-based! In the interest of having a competition, I'm going to extend the image-based deadline by a week, putting us through to noon EST on Thursday, February 7. Based on PMs I've received, this would allow at least a couple of you to submit for this contest, so we should have actual judging results. :p

Tagging @Nyan, @Kavross, @Gabs Kazumi, @that ivy guy. Y'all get your entries in!

Text-based will still close in 15 hours. This is so that @VioletValkyrie can get started on her judging ASAP, and shouldn't affect any of y'all too much as we're not currently waiting on anyone in that category. ^.^

Oh thank goodness for this... you've saved me!

AlTlA3o.png
Man, I had given up hope on making it in on time, but that extension was a real pleasant surprise. I also totally expected way more people to jump on the Meltan bandwagon (but I suppose there's time yet). Now I have the chance to be the first. Nice.
Nothing too clever here, just knew I needed to give Nut Boy a home.

@Jabberwock
We’ll compromise! A month and a half instead of one or two months!
That is kinda how it worked out, innit? :p

... But not for text-based, which is now closed! Violet is getting to judging straightaway, and I'll get on mine after this next week of image-based submissions.

Jan19CaC1.png
Turtonator (Dragon Majesty DRM 50)
Salamence-GX (Sun & Moon Promos SM139)
Tyranitar-GX (Lost Thunder LOT 223)
Rayquaza is only able to Mega Evolve when a human wishes for it to Mega which makes the Mega form "man-made".
The card evolves from
109-celestial-storm-rayquaza-gx.png
M Rayquaza GX gives Rayquaza GX +60 HP, a lesser retreat cost, Savage Assault is a pretty standard attack for Rayquaza cards, Draconic Rage GX is a powerful GX attack that allows you to take out nearly anything and soften benched basics. I kinda made this to be able to combat Tag Team GXs. Ideally you'd want to run M Rayquaza GX with something like Shining Celebi or Memory Energy so that you can use Dragon Break instead of Savage Assault. I wanted to make it so that you need to put a little effort into being able to use the better regular attack with the better GX attack so that you can't just play it and spam.
Is this, like, artificial in the sense that one possible interpretation is that mega evolution is a man-made concept? But rayquaza doesn't even use a mega stone, so I can't really think of how that would work.
e: Yeah, looks like that's what you were going for.

Yeah, still dropping sadly. I had a Ninetales planned completely banking on its lore of being formed when nine wizards transmuted themselves. That’s what I get for trying to do it on a program I just started using. I’ll probably bring the card back at some point though.

It's pretty late... so imma drop this here as my submission and hop in bed.

Silvally_Cac_2.png

My little text spiel will come tomorrow~

Edit: Just realized I used a Basic blank... I don't really know what to say or do about this since I'm not home, lol

Edit 2: I fixed it, but i'm not sure how it's going to be judged since I had to edit it past the deadline

Last edited:
Leaving this open for the next 15 hours or so as I'll be away all day and unable to close the contest. ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯

Good evening guys o/

I'm sorry for taking so long to post my entry. I've been through a rough week at work and got lost with the deadline. I promise to organize my time better in the next contest e.e

I saw an entry with the same Pokémon above my post, I hope this isn't bad >.>

Silvally_Card_1.png

As first, I thought about giving an Ability + two Attacks but this kind of thing doesn't work without a GX card sooo I chose to cut it out and put just two attacks. I though about an RKS-related Ability (becoming the type of the Defending Pokémon's Weakness when Gladion is played), but it was turning into an OP card and that wasn't what I was looking for.

Personally, I think the way they're implementing Trainer's Pokémon in the TCG (like Garchomp from Ultra Prism and Metagross from Celestial Storm) is AMAZING and I wanted to try one too (I'll definitely make more in the future). I have a Cynthia deck and it's funny to play with it, so why not?

Silvally plays with your Prizes like an Ultra Beast, but works as a counter in the early/mid game. Rebellious Bond peaks power when you have 4 Gladions in your Prizes, but when you Knock Out your opponent's Pokémon, it will progressively decline. It's like a safe start against Beast decks (which are very common nowadays).

Silvally_Card_GIF.gif

Last edited:
Sorry all, I've run into quite a bit of issues during this judging period but I'm here to confirm that despite it all I'm entirely confident that my judging (and therefore all of official judging, wink wink Jabber?) will be finished tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience, and if you want someone to blame for any possible delays, I guess I'm your girl.

Stay tuned!

Back