• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Baby's 1ˢᵗ Lost March

Zori

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone!

So to start off, I might as well be a new player coming back into the tcg. I haven't played since I was running Donphan+Dragons and oh boy, have things changed. The pokemon leagues around me are quite small and as such, I only have so many resources when it comes to deck building and getting cards that I need. I started building this deck after reading about it online and while it works phenomenally, I'm unsure if there are things I need to change, especially considering I have no idea what the meta is currently.

Pokemon
  • 4-4-4 Hoppip-Skiploom-Jumpluff
  • 4 Trumbeak (Mountain Pass)
  • 4 Natu
  • 2 Marshadow (Let Loose)
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (Wonder Tag)
Trainers
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Great Ball
  • 3 Net Ball
  • 2 Nest Ball
  • 1 Timer Ball
  • 2 Lost Blender
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
  • 2 Shrine of Punishment
  • 4 Cynthia
  • 3 Lillie
  • 3 Guzma
  • 2 Professor Elm's Lecture
Energy
  • 3 Grass Energy
  • 4 DCE
  • 1 Super Boost Energy Prism

I originally ran 2 Lele/4 Lost Blender/4 Great Ball/ 4 Guzma but I took out some of them to make space for the Net Ball and Shrine of Punishment. I'm unsure if that's a good move but with how little energy I run, I feel better having a trainer that I can use to retrieve one of my energies as well as a stadium to control the field just a little bit better.
Also, should I take out the Super Boost Energy Prism and just add in another Grass Energy, or should I keep it?
Another thing I have vaguely considered is at least one energy retrieval card of some sort, but I have no idea if that's even worth it.

Anyways, I would love ideas and all the help I can get!!

Thank you so much!

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Super Boost energy is there as a Shuckle GX counter, so you need to keep it. You're also incredibly vulnerable to spread, so maybe cut a Marshadow and Lillie for a 1-1 GUR Machoke line, so you don't die in two turns to it. I would also replace the two nest balls with Elm's lectures, since they get you more pokemon at a time, and in general from the deck. You also probably want another timer ball for Jumpluff and Trumbeak, so you put in another one of those in exchange for a Lillie.

Tl;dr
-2 Lillie
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Marshadow

+2 Elm's Lecture
+1 Timer ball
+1 Machop
+1 Machoke (GUR)

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
I think your list looks fine. Shrine is a little suspect because it doesn't help your consistency in any way, but you're fine to keep them if you think they help. Nest Ball is also a little iffy just because I'd also maybe consider adding an additional Lost Blender as well, but that's up to you. I also like your addition of a single Tapu Lele GX, which is something that most Lost March lists don't run and although it's a liability, it certainly helps boost your consistency when you need it most and can find that last Guzma to finish off the game. Your decision to cut a Guzma is justified in that sense because you still have a Tapu Lele as an out in the late game.

Lost March in general should be relatively well situated for the meta. There are no glaring threats on the horizon with Team Ups that I can think of off the top of my head. It'll also depend on where you're playing as well. You mentioned your local scene being relatively small and if it's packed with Decidueye/Ninetales then you might want to back off of Lost March, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about "the meta" too much.

dangs91

Aspiring Trainer
Thinking of decks that will be popular with the release of Tag Team, I would consider using a Marshadow-GX in order to hit for fighting weakness though I'm not certain which card it would be best to drop to make room for it

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I'd personally cut 1 Natu and both Shrines for 1 Marshadow SHL, 1 Lost Blender and 1 Oranguru SUM

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Zori,

Nice list. Not a fan of Tapu Lele in Lost March in the new Tag Team meta. Consider to replace it with Oranguru. Maybe also consider to cut Timer Ball and both Nest Ball for three Pokémon Communication. Pokémon Communication helps the deck a lot since it allows you to shuffle Jumpluff back into your deck which has been an issue with this deck from time to time.

Depending on the meta and alternative stadium for this deck would be Lysandre's Lab. It hurt decks centered around a Jirachi engine by shutting down Escape Board and it also helps versus decks that run Spell Tag. Spell Tag is terrible for this deck since it allows the opponent to knock out a Natu on your turn when you knocked out a Pokémon with Spell Tag attached to it. As said before, the choice of the stadium depends on your local meta but I would run two stadium cards as a counter for Prism Stadium cards.

Otherwise the deck looks great from my point of view.

Zori

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you everyone for your input!
It definitely helps, especially considering that I'm still learning the ins and out of the game once again.

I've made some changes to the deck from a few suggestions here so I'm now running this list.
(Do note that when Pokemon communication becomes legal, I'm 100% throwing a 3-4 line in here, probably replacing one of the ball lines.)

Pokemon
  • 4-4-4 Hoppip-Skiploom-Jumpluff
  • 4 Trumbeak (Mountain Pass)
  • 3 Natu
  • 1 Ditto Prism Star (Almighty Evolution)
  • 1 Machoke (Daunting Pose)
  • 1 Marshadow (Let Loose)
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (Wonder Tag)/Oranguru (Instruct)
Trainers
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Great Ball
  • 3 Net Ball
  • 2 Timer Ball
  • 2 Lost Blender
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
  • 1 Shrine of Punishment
  • 4 Cynthia
  • 3 Lillie
  • 3 Guzma
  • 3 Professor Elm's Lecture
Energy
  • 3 Grass Energy
  • 4 DCE
  • 1 Super Boost Energy Prism

Playing through with this list feels good so far, I've had a few issues here and there with dead draws but nothing that I couldn't fix in time to win. As far as it goes, I actually prefer Lele GX over oranguru for the fact that she's easier to become a last minute attacker if absolutely needed, plus that ability. I know beyond that, she's dead weight but yeah.

I personally wish I could find space for one choice band but I can't think of anything that I'd want to remove.

Anyways, there's gonna be a league challenge at the place I go so hopefully I do well.
Thank you everyone!
And please feel free to continue with advice. I really do appreciate it.

Zori

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so team up is now viable and I've got a new list here.

Pokemon
4-4-4 Hoppip-Skiploom-Jumpluff
4 Trumbeak (Mountain Pass)
3 Natu
4 Emolga (Nuzzly Gathering)
2 Marshadow (Let Loose)
1 Oranguru (Instruct)

Trainers
3 Great Ball
2 Net Ball
4 Lost Blender
4 Pokemon Communication
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Viridian Forest / Sky Pillar
4 Cynthia
2 Lillie
2 Guzma
3 Professor Elm's Lecture
1 Erika's Hospitality

Energy
3 Grass Energy
3 DCE
1 Super Boost Energy Prism

I'm really digging Emolga in this deck, but I'm between taking out the Elm's for more Erika's/Lillies/DCE. I love starting out with Elm's though.

I'm also waffling between which stadium I want. Sky pillar would be great because I've taken out the Machoke but viridian forest helps thin and grab me energies.

Any ideas?

ace-astra

Wayfarer
I'd say with the thing with the stadium cards, play Sky pillar. Sure, getting energies and thinning is great, but you need to stop your opponent damaging the bench because the Pokemon played in this archetype have generally low hp and can be sniped quite easily. Whenever I've played this deck without sky pillar, all my losses are because my opponent played stuff like the Tapu koko promo or other bench snipers like Decidueye. Maybe you could even cut a great ball or an Elm and play both stadiums. The rest of the deck is great!

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Zori,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 3 Prof. Elm's Lecture (not needed with the ball and Lillie engine)
- 1 Erika's Hospitality or Lost Blender (your choice here but I believe the room is needed)

+ 2 Net Ball (searches Pokémon and energies alike)
+ 2 Lillie (maximize the turn one draw and still great later on in this deck)

I would use either Sky Pillar or Lysandre's Lab depending on whther you are more concerned about Spell Tag (in this case use Lysandre's Lab) or Ultra Necrozma's GX attack (in this case use Sky Pillar). I would alos consider to cut Rescue Stretcher for the second copy of the stadium of your choice.

Zori

Aspiring Trainer
Made some changes, mainly:

-3 Professor Elm's

+ 2 Lillie
+1 Viridian Forest

I chose the stadiums over net ball simply for the fact that it feels a little more consistent to me in the end?
Deck did very well playtesting tonight and I'm hoping it'll keep doing well.

Kawari1

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Zori,

as a new TCG player who only plays PTCGO and only wins with Lost March deck, I really like your list!

Although everyone already suggested really good advice, the only thing I would consider to change in your new modified deck list is to cut out 1 Super Boost Energy for 1 DCE more. In my experience the Super Energy didn't help me most of the time because all my Jumpluff were dead by late game and with Rescue Stretcher being able to get one or more Natu´s back an additional DCE would decide the game for me. But due to not synergizing with Viridian Forest that is up to personal taste :)

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
You can also play 4 team up emolga, so you put one on your bench and use its ability to get the other 3 in your hand so you can lost blender them.