Full Metal Wall in February

Hypno is interesting and appears to have more potential than kartana. Although there is little bench space available in malamar spread I could see Hypno being used in a deck like this as a one of because of ditto because with spell tag controlling your opponents new active is quite good.

Neither of them appear to be very good but Kartana could be in a fun deck in expanded where you have Victini (Noble Victories) and you combo Kartana's False Swipe with something that can inflict poison from the bench with it's ability or use something like Hypno-Toxic Laser to essentially turn Kartana into a Pokemon that can KO anything with 75% accuracy (or even combo it with something like Dusknoir that can move damage counters and use it to move them in such a way that you could eventually claim all 6 prize cards at once.)

Actually Kartana is great. The first attack is a reverse Buzzwole non-GX in that you need to have four prize cards remaining and it hits from 10 damage more than Buzzwole. Also consider that Lurantis Promo is still available.

• Kartana - this is nuts! This will be use as a revenge KO atkr in some decks that play GXs, sucks it has 70 HP and sucks that it can be Elm'd. But it has free RC which is always awesome. Maybe Zoroark? Zoroark can throw a Rainbow on it as a revenge atkr for KOing... Wait. If YOU have! Oh I see, still. You KO a GX, then the opponent Revenge KO your active, then 1 G and do 130. Cool! Useful in some Shrine decks. 5 Geodudes
  • Hypno - use Ditto and rule the game! 4 Geodudes

Hmmm....

Kartana=Reverse Baby Buzzwole.....
Baby Buzzwole-
Buzzwole GX
Kartana-
BUZZ & PHERO TAG TEAM!

Also: That Hypno is so scary; the trigger is a coin flip, but its just the fact that you opponent can just completely mess up any strategy you have.

Kartana is good in Expanded because that format has relevant grass weak pokemon, and it also fits nicely into Zoropod as a 1 prize tech. In Standard it's just alright for now.

Last edited:
Neither of them appear to be very good but Kartana could be in a fun deck in expanded where you have Victini (Noble Victories) and you combo Kartana's False Swipe with something that can inflict poison from the bench with it's ability or use something like Hypno-Toxic Laser to essentially turn Kartana into a Pokemon that can KO anything with 75% accuracy (or even combo it with something like Dusknoir that can move damage counters and use it to move them in such a way that you could eventually claim all 6 prize cards at once.)
It is the same idea as the raticate break deck

Kartana’s attack is actually inferior to Buzz because you can at maximum use it twice maybe less with Lurantis Promo and a Choice Band. But holy crap, 130 for 1? Sounds like a good card to me! False Swipe isn’t anything new, but it’s a fun card nonetheless.
Hypno: I like this card. It has a mechanic we haven’t really seen before, and the effect is pretty cool. Then again, so is Lapras from Lost Thunder, but we’re not going to talk about him. Either way, it’s a Stage 1, which means I see a Ditto <> tech coming up very soon... I like it!

Hypno seems like its going to get banned; if a coin flip can destroy someone's entire strategy, PTCI isn't going to let it live for long.

Kartana will be nice with Poison decks. And could KO a Wailord/Magikarp Tag Team with the new beast tool that lets you take an extra prize.

That Hypno is gonna be interesting.

Kartana seems interesting with Venomoth considering you will already be playing high counts of Koga in that. For that same reason the Airados would probably be a decent tech in there also.

Kartana will be nice with Poison decks. And could KO a Wailord/Magikarp Tag Team with the new beast tool that lets you take an extra prize.

That Hypno is gonna be interesting.
You need to have 4 prize cards for kartana and 6 for the tool thingie. That's not going to work.

It must be strange living in Japan and cards being revealed just a few days before the set releases
as for the cards themselves, I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said

Hypno would be a beast at pre-release if there isn't any shuffle draw. Hands get huge!

Back