• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tool Drop

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
4 Hondedge (Team Up)
4 Doublade (Team Up)
1 Aegislash (Team Up)
2 Genesect GX
1 Tapu Lele GX
1 Ditto Prism Star
1 Blitzle
1 Zebstrika
1 Jirachi (Team Up)

4 Cynthia
2 Tate and Liza
3 Lillie
3 Guzma
1 Jasmine
3 Adventure Bag
4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
4 Choice Band
3 Escape Board
2 Metal Frying Pan
1 Metal Goggles
1 Counter Gain
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Metal Energy
4 DCE
1 Memory Energy

Last edited:
What about a Sudowoodo and Choice Helmet? In this way, Zoroark can't oneshot Doublade.
Then, I would pull out Aegislash and the Memory Energy. I'dd add a Mt. Coronet or two, too, so that you can play free Ultra Ball.

Aegislash is for the added bulk (think of it like Luxray in Luxio) which can be needed. Plus it has an attack that is very nice.

I’d put in a counter gain or 2. It allows you to conserve DCEs if your behind so you can save them tell you are winning also would drop a nest bal or 2 for the new Jasmyn

I feel like you should include Jasmine as a one-of. Turn 1 supporter only used when you're going second, but that one turn it gets you basically entirely set up, assuming you can draw Lele.

Hmm, another thought:

- Dump Blitzle line and Ditto <>
- Add AVulpix (2, Beacon) and A9 LoT
- Switch a couple of metal energy to rainbow energy (or better, switch a memory to rainbow and another metal to rainbow)

A9 LoT usually gets rare candies for Stage 2 decks, but here it's not doing that - it's pulling out a pair of tools for you (usually, maybe occasionally also pulling out a ball if you're missing something important). It's also there to serve the fairly important purpose of improving your Blacephalon matchup - while you are a 1-prize-mostly deck against it, it still hits you for weakness if you don't have those frying pans out (or just knocks off the frying pans). I add two AVulpix (Beacon) because it's a great card to start with, so having 2 improves that rate significantly.

I am trying to keep this in budget range so A9 is out of the picture for right now. I will keep that in mind though. I do plan on keeping the Memory energy though because the extra bulk is really wanted.

Hi ForeverRanger91,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Genesect GX (one suffices to hold two tools and act as a cleaner)
- 1 Tapu Lele GX (this deck benefits more from a Jirachi engine)
- 1 Zebstrike (Jirachi himself will be sufficient)
- 1 Blitzle (see above)

+ 2 Jirachi SM9 (he is the ideal starter and benefits a lot from the tools and the trainer count)
+ 1 Magearna SM5 (change cloth is nice in this deck since Metal Googles protect Honedge but Doublade prefers Choice Band)

Trainer:
- 2 Tate and Liza (Erika's Hospitality is better here as supplmentary draw power)
- 2 Metal Frying Pan (Metal Googles is better in this deck)
- 1 Jasmine (not needed that bad in this deck)
- 1 Ultra Ball (Nest Ball is more important)
- 1 Adventure Bag (two are sufficient)

+ 1 Lillie (stable draw combined with Jirachi is important in this deck and it is the best turn one supporter)
+ 2 Erika's Hospitality (third best draw supporter available to us)
+ 1 Nest Ball (find Basic Pokémon fast to attach tool to them)
+ 2 Metal Googles (nice protection for the Doublade line)
+ 1 Escape Board (great with Jirachi and Magearna)

Energy:
+ 1 Memory Energy or Metal Energy

The Jirachi search engine combined with a stable line of ten draw supporters makes the deck more consistent than the standard Tapu Lele GX engine from own experience. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

I will keep that in mind. I am working on a bit of a budget but I do plan on rocking the Jirachi's once the prices settle.

Back