• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Flareon gx

Agidyne

Aspiring Trainer
I don't normally ask for help making decks, but I really want to make a flareon gx deck because it's my favorite pokemon. This list I came up with is over by 2 cards (62 cards). I was wondering what suggestions this forum might have. thanks in advance!

Pokemon: 15
Flareon gx 4-3
Lurantis 3-3 (fire pokemon do 20 more)
Victini prism 1
1 lele

Supporters: 12
4 cynthia
3 guzma
1 judge
3 lillie
1 elm

Items: 18
Ultra ball 4
Fiery flint 4
Choice band 3
Rescue stretcher 1
Switch 2
Nest ball 4

Stadium: 3
Alter of sunne 3
Heat factory 1

Energy: 13
Fire 13

Free: -2

You can safely remove 2 Altars if you've got excess cards. Water decks usually play 3-4 Brooklet Hills in addition to Field Blowers, so your stadiums will most likely be discarded anyway. I second adding a Timer Ball or two, most likely by replacing Judge. 3-3 Lurantis might be a bit overkill, but I can't say with certainty. If that proves to be true, replace 1 line with 1 Ho-oh-GX for an attacker with non-water-type weakness and add another Field Blower. You'll probably need more of these actually, you'll want to get rid of opponents' Choice Bands and Shrine of Punishments. You could get rid of a Switch for one more.

I can agree. 3-3 Lurantis on a 190 base hitting deck is quite overkill. I think that for Team Up, you might have to throw one or two of those Lurantis back in, but for now, save. I think you need acceleration, too! How are you planning to get Energy accelerated quickly? I’d recommend Blaziken from Dragon Majesty, but anything could work. Here’s what I’d do:
-2 Fomantis
-2 Lurantis
+2 Torchic
+2 Blaziken
-2 Fiery Flint
-3 Altar of the Sunne
+3 Rare Candy

...and that puts you at 60 cards with good acceleration.

Back