• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Leafeon-GX/Lurantis

do0rkn0b

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, trying to get some outside insight on this deck I made. It's pretty consistent but I'm sure I could get some advice to improve it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Fomantis SUM 14
* 1 Pheromosa-GX UPR 140
* 1 Tapu Bulu-GX PR-SM SM32
* 3 Leafeon-GX UPR 13
* 3 Lurantis PR-SM SM25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 Professor Elm’s Lecture LOT 188
* 3 Tate & Liza CES 166
* 2 Switch CES 147
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Order Pad UPR 131
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Life Forest {*} LOT 180
* 2 Energy Loto GRI 122

##Energy - 10

* 6 Grass Energy Energy 1
* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

I'm sure it's obvious what i'm going for but i'll explain:

The idea is to get first turn eevee and evolve 3 fomantis first turn. Pull double colorless on the second or first turn and attach and hit for 170. Life forest plus leafeons ability is quite nice as well. All an ideal situation of course.

do0rkn0b

Aspiring Trainer
Well it's definitely consistent. Apparently net ball is a thing now (sorry) so i'll try to replace energy lotto with that, I still can't figure out if bulu or pheromosa belong in this deck. I just can't figure out what else to put with leafeon and lurantis or even if i need to. I feel like this deck can be great and i just want suggestions.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

The lone Ditto with 2 3-3 lines of your primary Pokémon seems under utilized.

2 Oranguru (Instruct) seem excessive.

2 Tapu Lele GX seem excessive and can potentially "clog" your bench and expose a high risk target(s) for your opponents.

Bodybuilding Dumbbells provide "limited" protection. Have you considered testing Aether Paradise Conservation Area?

Order Pad usage is based upon a coin flip; so, you only have a 50% chance of success.

Is only 1 Choice Band (especially when you have no way of searching for it) really worth the deck slot?

Suggested deck changes:

-2 Oranguru (Instruct) - not critical
-1 Tapu Lele GX
-2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
-2 Energy Loto - not critical
-2 Nest Ball - 3 seem excessive
-2 Order Pad
-1 Tate & Liza - 2 should be sufficient

+1 Magcargo (Smooth Over) - very helpful in getting needed resources and increases Ditto's effectiveness
+1 Oranguru (Resource Management) - very helpful in recovering and recycling discarded resources (e.g., DCE)
+2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area - provide a greater "umbrella" of protection
+1 Lillie - more card-draw support
+1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discarded Supporters
+2 Professor Kukui - enhances damage output, provide supplemental car-draw support and gets the needed Smooth Over'd resource
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+2 Timer Ball - helps get your evolution Pokémon into play faster
+1 G

I hope you find these comments helpful.

do0rkn0b

Aspiring Trainer
Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

The lone Ditto with 2 3-3 lines of your primary Pokémon seems under utilized.

2 Oranguru (Instruct) seem excessive.

2 Tapu Lele GX seem excessive and can potentially "clog" your bench and expose a high risk target(s) for your opponents.

Bodybuilding Dumbbells provide "limited" protection. Have you considered testing Aether Paradise Conservation Area?

Order Pad usage is based upon a coin flip; so, you only have a 50% chance of success.

Is only 1 Choice Band (especially when you have no way of searching for it) really worth the deck slot?

Suggested deck changes:

-2 Oranguru (Instruct) - not critical
-1 Tapu Lele GX
-2 Energy Loto - not critical
-2 Nest Ball - 3 seem excessive
-2 Order Pad
-1 Tate & Liza - 2 should be sufficient

+1 Magcargo (Smooth Over) - very helpful in getting needed resources and increases Ditto's effectiveness
+1 Oranguru (Resource Management) - very helpful in recovering and recycling discarded resources (e.g., DCE)
+2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area - provide a greater "umbrella" of protection
+1 Lillie - more card-draw support
+1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discarded Supporters
+2 Professor Kukui - enhances damage output, provide supplemental car-draw support and gets the needed Smooth Over'd resource
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+2 Timer Ball - helps get your evolution Pokémon into play faster
+1 G

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'm gonna try it out. What is G though?

dangs91

Aspiring Trainer
I dont think you need more pokemon other than leafeon, lurantis and tapu lele. However, during my testing I got the feeling that 170 damage just wasnt enough in the current meta. I would try to add some more choice bands and professor kukui in order to hit important numbers such as 200 and 210 more often and more easily

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
True... I tested this as well. The problem with this deck is that IF you get OHKO'd, you'll likely be behind all the time since you need 2 energy attachments, there is no attack for 1 energy besides the GX attack. Or even if you just miss an energy attachment yourself...

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
-1 Pheromosa-GX
-1 Tapu Bulu-GX
-1 Energy Loto
-2 Order Pad
-1 Tate & Liza

---------

+1 Turtonator-GX
+1 Magcargo
+1 Alolan Muk
+1 Professor Elm's Lecture
+2 Choice Band
+1 Lillie
+1 Grass Energy

While I get the point of Phero and Bulu, they don't really have a place in this deck. But you still need a one-attachment attacker here for emergency situations: enter Turtonator-GX. It amplifies weakness coverage while being boosted by Lurantis and even leaves a little something to bother your opponent.

With an underutilized Ditto, whom you can't evolve from Leafeon's Grand Bloom, you could run Magcargo and/or Alolan Muk for some degree of control. At least one of them should be there.

2 Professor Elm's just doesn't cut it. I'd honestly run 4, but with a 2nd Lillie and Nest Balls, 3 should suffice.

Choice Band because dmg increase > dmg reduction in Pokemon, plain and simple. And 200 dmg takes down A9, since you need every 1HKO possibility you can get.

Finally, an extra (G) so you don't miss out on attachments. Good Luck on your run, man.