'Detective Pikachu' TCG Products Announced for Spring!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well Pokémon everything seems according to as how we planned as would be expected except for one thing. FFS NO ESPEON & CRESSELIA?!?!?! Who gives a Slowpokes tail about Mew and Mewtwo semantics when why would anyone want Espeon with Deoxys after the perfect symbolic Dark duo synchronisation polymerization?? Perfect Pokémon you amaze us with so much treatment then slap us around thinking we could have everything. Now if it was Deoxys & Necrozma GX? As Maxmoefoe says 'it will rot your soul, so just stick to pokémon go..'

I see where you're coming from, but remember that Espeon has some sort of sun representation to it. Cress and Darkrai have to do with moon phases, so I'm going to assume that their intent was pairing the Eevees of those types with two mythical (if you still count Deoxys as such) Pokemon that share it, instead of some kind of Day/Night motif. At least that's how I saw it, so it made sense to me.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
I see where you're coming from, but remember that Espeon has some sort of sun representation to it. Cress and Darkrai have to do with moon phases, so I'm going to assume that their intent was pairing the Eevees of those types with two mythical (if you still count Deoxys as such) Pokemon that share it, instead of some kind of Day/Night motif. At least that's how I saw it, so it made sense to me.
Thats a good insight, thank you for the justification. I think the full arts for the Eeveeloutions paired up will be in veins of Arita's Golden Alakazam.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
4 mini sets between two expansions?

Double Blaze is a main set. So there's only 2 mini sets between the main expansions. Although there's 3 between Double Blaze and Miracle Twins with the Detective Pikachu set, although that's half a mini set, so it's more like 2 and a half.

AcePlayz

Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
This pretty much confirms charizard/flareon gx as well. All the popular pokemons are getting paired with a matching eeveelutions for maximum fan service

It is going to be Charizard and Reshiram Tag Team Gx, there was a booster pack art leaked before showing charizard and reshiram on the front. 95% of the time the pokemon on the teaser pack art, are a gx in the set. This time they would be a tag team gx

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Prob not. The thing with the japan shiny set is it make nothing rotate this coming year. Japan has gotton by this with new ways they print sets with a a b and c in each set. Yes we have started to get the same thing but only for special box promos. We never had a a stamp insideca pack set. Could they do this in March ? Yes but with 24 cards in japan set ours might only have the same. Shiny set is like best if xy set whuch we never got.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Shut Up and Take My Money!

... and Charizard looks scary as f

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
The hell? All of these 3 promos are kind of amazing!
The Charizard one looks cool, but that first attack is insane.
Greninja tho... That card is nuts!

Nyora

A Cat
...I didn’t expect any of these to be good. Well, obviously Detective Pikachu isn’t, but that Charuzard looks pretty cool, maybe not playable, but certainly moreso compared to our current Charizard-GX. Greninja-GX, however, holy woah! That’s a good Ability! I think that will get played a lot, for sure. I will play it.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I would be scared if an opponent got that Charizard loaded with 5 energy. It's a OHKO monster.

How? It accelerates itself, Kiawe, Naganel+whooper, Naganel + multi-switch, however, it doesn't matter. You can even use DCE and non-fire basic. Lookout!

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Geez... That Charizard looks insane. It’s still so weird seeing Pokemon this ‘realistic’ in official products. But I still say they’ve handled the designs very well! I love how you can see a bit of orange skin in the cracks between scales on its wing. Small details like that help make a cartoon dragon seem believable enough as being ‘real’ in the world of this movie.

I had to reread Greninja’s Ability a few times. That’s pretty darn good! And Charizard certainly has potential. The prices are a bit steep, but reasonable enough for special products.