Contest January 2019 CaC: Artificial Pokémon! (Results Up!)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Tyrantrum GX - Dragon - HP250
Stage 2 - Evolves from Tyrunt

Ability: Sovereign Rule
While this Pokémon is on your Bench, your Active Pokémon’s attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokémon (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F][F][C][C] Super Stomp 110+
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 40 more damage for each heads. If none of them are heads, switch your one of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.

[F][F][F][C] Tyrannical Rule GX
If your Bench isn’t full, choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon. Then, ask your opponent if you may put that Pokémon onto your Bench. If yes, put that Pokémon and all cards attached to it onto your Bench. (If that Pokémon were to leave play for any reason, put it and all cards attached to it in the Lost Zone and give those cards back to your opponent after the game.) If no, Knock Out that Pokémon.

GX rule: When one of your Pokémon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]
Well, any Fossil Pokémon wouldn’t be here if we didn’t step in and revive them. That’s right, Helix was only possible artificially. Without this restoration technology, these Pokémon would just be fossils in the Smithsonian museum of natural history..

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Ok so basically, im pretty sure this is my submission (more like is since im posting it and if i edit it im done for

Basic)- Genesect & Magearna GX (TAG TEAM) HP 280 (M)

Ability: Enhanced Metal
If this Pokémon has any Pokémon Tool cards attached to it, This Pokémon takes 50 less damage from attacks. (after applying Weakness and Resistance.)

(M)(M)(C) Blast Ray 130
Discard a Pokémon Tool card attached to this Pokémon.

(M)(M)(M)(C) + Giga Ray GX 80+
This attack does 60 more damage times the amount of Pokémon Tool cards in your discard pile. If this Pokémon has at least 2 extra (M) Energy attached to it (in addition to this attacks cost), Put up to 4 of those Pokémon Tool cards from your discard pile to your hand. (you can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: (F) x2 Resistance: (P) -20 Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)
(Tag Team Rule: When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
@FourteenAlmonds is the fourteenth person to sign up for text-based!

... I don't really have anything else to say about that; it just amused me. I'd almost believe you did it on purpose. :U

So, uhh, six spots left in text-based, y'all! ^.^

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
My Entry
Spiritomb GX - Dark – HP 160
Basic

Ability: Infiltrator
This Pokémon’s attacks aren’t affected by any effects on the Defending Pokémon.

[D][D][C] Ominous Wind 60
Flip a coin. If heads, you may attach an energy from your hand to 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

[D][D] Curse GX
This Pokémon does 80 damage to itself. Your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Poisoned. Put 8 damage counters instead of 1 on the Defending Pokémon between turns. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

GX rule: When one of your Pokémon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: [C]

This Pokémon is artificial as its creation was due to a ritual done to seal 108 souls to a stone, unable to be formed without it.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Here's my entry! :D

dcws54q-97fc2861-e2e3-43ab-bb62-6f7cac1dd85f.png

Artwork by All0412: Type: Null
Blanks and Energy by @aschefield101
Holofoil by @Nekoban Ryo
Ability: Tapu Lele (Lost Thunder), Gabite (Forbidden Light)
Attack: Carbink (Lost Thunder)

Idk how viable Silvally-GX, but my thoughts was to just make a Type: Null that would make it easier to play Silvally-GX haha so there's not much else to say haha :p

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Here's my entry! :D

dcws54q-97fc2861-e2e3-43ab-bb62-6f7cac1dd85f.png

Artwork by All0412: Type: Null
Blanks and Energy by @aschefield101
Holofoil by @Nekoban Ryo
Ability: Tapu Lele (Lost Thunder), Gabite (Forbidden Light)
Attack: Carbink (Lost Thunder)

Idk how viable Silvally-GX, but my thoughts was to just make a Type: Null that would make it easier to play Silvally-GX haha so there's not much else to say haha :p
Actually, I believe that metal Silvally was a thing. I don’t know much about now though.

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Porygon – Basic – HP60
Basic

Ability: Hack
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, whenever your opponent's Active Pokémon attacks during his or her turn, flip two coins. If both are heads, the attack effects your opponent's Active Pokémon instead of this one and this Pokemon is now Poisoned.

[C][C] Reconstruct
Remove all Special Conditions affecting this Pokemon

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I’m submitting the Voltorb this month. Electrode is there for context.

Voltorb [L] HP50
Basic

Ability: Explosive Screech
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out). If you do, search your deck for up to 3 Item cards that have the word “Ball” in their name and discard them. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[L][C] Factory Reset 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of Item cards in your discard pile that have the word “Ball” in their name. Then, shuffle all of those cards back into your deck.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 1
Voltorb was first sighted at a company that manufactures Poké Balls. The link between that sighting and the fact that this Pokémon looks very similar to a Poké Ball remains a mystery.

Electrode HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Voltorb

Ability: Overproduction
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may put all Voltorb in your discard pile onto your bench.

[L][L][C] Shock Wave 100
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 1
One of Electrode's characteristics is its attraction to electricity. It is a problematical Pokémon that congregates mostly at electrical power plants to feed on electricity that has just been generated.

Voltorb:
- Apricorn Maker (CES)
- Unown (AOR)
- Battle Compressor (PHF)
- Kingdra (PLF)
Electrode:
- Electrode (EVO)
- Revive (EVO)
- Dragonite-GX (DRM)
- Electivire (BCR)

Voltorb is definitely artificial btw. Even Bulbapedia lists it as a “Known artificial Pokémon.”

It was created when a Poké Ball was exposed to a powerful pulse of energy.