• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tyranitar-GX

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all i'm a returning player,but don't know anything about the current meta. So I wanted to build a ttar deck for awhile now and tried to bui;d ones from older sets, but couldn't make them efficient enough. I have looked at ttar gx and ppl have been saying it needs an efficient way to put energy's on and found that Rayquaza from guardians rising comes close to mitigate that a bit. so this is what i came up with when looking at cards to make a deck with. Any help in improving this deck is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Pokemon:19
  • 3 larvitar(LT 114)
  • 2 pupitar(LT 116)
  • 3 tyranitar-gx
  • 3 Rayquaza(GR 10)
  • 2Alolan Vulpix(GR 21)
  • 1 Alolan Ninetales-gx(LT 132)
  • 2 lele-gx
  • 2 greninja & zoroark-gx(tag team)

Trainers:27
  • 3 cynthia
  • 2 elm's lecture
  • 2 guzma
  • 2 tate & liza
  • 2 mars
  • 3 rare candy
  • 3 ultra ball
  • 3 energy switch
  • 3 wishful baton
  • black market prism(dark order)
  • 2 alter of the moone
  • 2 olivia

energy:14
  • 9 dark
  • 4 dce
  • super boost energy prism

edit:
    -1 rayquaza
    -2 darkrai-gx
    -1 drakrai prism

+2 alolan vulpix
    +1 alolan ninetales
    +1 rare candy

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
What’s your plan on Mars? I’d cut them for a Cynthia and another Ultra Ball.
I’d also cut Darkrai GX, Z&G TTGX, Darkrai Prism Star, and two Rayquaza for two Rescue Stretcher, two more Rare Candy, 1 Larvitar, 1 Ttar GX, and another Dark energy.
The operative word being I’d, so if you don’t like any of these changes, don’t use them.

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
What’s your plan on Mars? I’d cut them for a Cynthia and another Ultra Ball.
I’d also cut Darkrai GX, Z&G TTGX, Darkrai Prism Star, and two Rayquaza for two Rescue Stretcher, two more Rare Candy, 1 Larvitar, 1 Ttar GX, and another Dark energy.
The operative word being I’d, so if you don’t like any of these changes, don’t use them.

well with Mars it gives me draw power and disruption at the time to kinda help me set up better. why cut out the darkrai and even the team up Z&G? As for rayquaza I think at least I need 3 0r 4 of them since they are the main energy acceleration of this deck with it's 1st attack. Thought about putting in 1 more candy,but didn't have the space or just thought ppl might say 2 here when I got pupitar as well

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
well with Mars it gives me draw power and disruption at the time to kinda help me set up better. why cut out the darkrai and even the team up Z&G? As for rayquaza I think at least I need 3 0r 4 of them since they are the main energy acceleration of this deck with it's 1st attack. Thought about putting in 1 more candy,but didn't have the space or just thought ppl might say 2 here when I got pupitar as well
Pupitar, in my opinion, is a space to be used for the Candy. You’re better off going for the RC play than evolving slower. Just my opinion.
You’ve stated your opinion on Mars, it makes enough sense to me. I can also see the Ray numbers, but Darkrai GX and Z&G TTGX? I can now see where you were going with Darkrai, but that’s five spaces you can use for something else. Z&G is a backup attacker, but why do you need one? You’re not gonna have much energy in play if you have to resort to using Z&G in the first place.
To me, this doesn’t seem like it would work, but if the shoe fits, wear it.

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Pupitar, in my opinion, is a space to be used for the Candy. You’re better off going for the RC play than evolving slower. Just my opinion.
You’ve stated your opinion on Mars, it makes enough sense to me. I can also see the Ray numbers, but Darkrai GX and Z&G TTGX? I can now see where you were going with Darkrai, but that’s five spaces you can use for something else. Z&G is a backup attacker, but why do you need one? You’re not gonna have much energy in play if you have to resort to using Z&G in the first place.
To me, this doesn’t seem like it would work, but if the shoe fits, wear it.

well having no pupitar in the deck soley relies on the rare candies,but you won't always have them and there is no card to directly seach them out that I know of. I have tried it in the past, but had no good lucjk since i would have both evos and no candies or 1 evo and a candy,but not the other mon needed which was unfortunate and lost me soo many games that way. Darkrai and G&Z are for secondary attackers when needed and can be energy searchers to a point since they can bring back energires from the discard thanks to darkrai's ability and with G&Z gx attack and which that alsoi can bring back a ttar gx when need with some energies on.

Pokefam

300 something/400
Alolan vulpix in for both darkrai gx. And 1 alolan ninetales Gx instead of darkrai prism

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
well with Mars it gives me draw power and disruption at the time to kinda help me set up better. As for rayquaza I think at least I need 3 0r 4 of them since they are the main energy acceleration of this deck with it's 1st attack. Thought about putting in 1 more candy,but didn't have the space or just thought ppl might say 2 here when I got pupitar as well

I've been testing T-tar as well :)

~If you're going for hand disruption I'd run Judge over Mars; Judge is more consistent and you have a good amount of consistent draw support with Cynthia and Tate & Liza (you could add in Lillie as well but that's personal preference).

I like the #114 Larvitar but be carefull about Weavile and other Pokemon that take advantage of Pokemon with abilities

Rayquaza is not a bad choice for energy acceleration from the discard pile, but you could also go with the new Solgaleo GX promo (with the no weakness ability). It's a great secondary attacker and you won't have to worry about Blacephalon as much.

Here would be my suggestions:

-2 zoroninja tag team GX
-2 Darkrai GX
-darkrai prism star
-1 Raquaza

+2 cosmog
+ 2 Solgaleo GX promo
+1 rare candy
+1 rescue stretcher

Feel free to use what you choose :)

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
I've been testing T-tar as well :)

~If you're going for hand disruption I'd run Judge over Mars; Judge is more consistent and you have a good amount of consistent draw support with Cynthia and Tate & Liza (you could add in Lillie as well but that's personal preference).

I like the #114 Larvitar but be carefull about Weavile and other Pokemon that take advantage of Pokemon with abilities

Rayquaza is not a bad choice for energy acceleration from the discard pile, but you could also go with the new Solgaleo GX promo (with the no weakness ability). It's a great secondary attacker and you won't have to worry about Blacephalon as much.

Here would be my suggestions:

-2 zoroninja tag team GX
-2 Darkrai GX
-darkrai prism star
-1 Raquaza

+2 cosmog
+ 2 Solgaleo GX promo
+1 rare candy
+1 rescue stretcher

Feel free to use what you choose :)

well having 2 stage 2's in a deck imo is just too cluncky and bricks a tad bit which is annoying and you would also need to choose which poke to rare candy when need which hurts as well. Don't get me wrong,but solgaleo gx is a grat card

Alolan vulpix in for both darkrai gx. And 1 alolan ninetales Gx instead of darkrai prism
this seems like the best choice to add in here,but it seems like it's just a 1 turn use though whicch kinda sucks and would just clogg the bench unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokefam

300 something/400
this seems like the best choice to add in here,but it seems like it's just a turn 1 use though whicch kinda sucks and would just clogg the bench unfortunately.

Play the dark and fairy unit and you can OHKO a blacephalon and spread too. Then second strike larvitar can take zoroarks. and I would cut both Z&G GX for an additional guzma and a counter gain for the ninetales and ttar too!!

Last edited:

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Play the dark and fairy unit and you can OHKO a blacephalon and spread too. Then second strike larvitar can take zoroarks. and I would cut both Z&G GX for an additional guzma and a counter gain for the ninetales and ttar too!!

well if i took out Z & G gx, i would only have 1 good attacker who would need time to set up though and hinder my deck a bit. As for the unit energy just having it for ninetales' gx attack isn't that good imo. For the larvitar, i'm contemplating now if i wan to to fully use all the ability ones or the second strike larvitar as you mentioned

Wolfe_XD

Metagross :)
I've been able to pretty consistently run a 2-0-1 in my zoroark/solgaleo if I want, I'm running a magcargo engine (could run A-ninetailsGX[Y]) for my RC. Could even run a 2-0-2 line if I wanted.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

What is your overall deck strategy?

Your current build seems a bit "diluted" in that you have a variety of Pokémon lines involved. I'd suggest increasing the "focus" of your deck and replace non-critical components. For example, is the Alolan Ninetales GX "really" needed? If not, consider replacing it.

What's the purpose of the Greninja/Zoroark GX? How will these Pokémon actually help you?

Note that if you don't start with a Rayquaza, you are at a potential disadvantage in that your other Basic would be potential, "easy" 1HKO targets. So, consider maxing-out the Rayquaza count.

An alternative to that Rayquaza for energy attachment acceleration is a Nagandel-Quagsire "engine." Currently, a potential issue I see (without knowing what the tag-team Pokémon and the Black Market Prism Trainer do) is how you plan to recover and recycle discarded D energy. The Wishful Batons can be removed with Field Blowers; so, a Nagandel-Quagsire engine could potentially provide greater consistency.

Have your tested Steven's Resolve as an alternative to the Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales GX?

Why Mars?

After better understanding your desired approach, I can offer some suggested deck changes.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

TigranPetrosian

Aspiring Trainer
Cubone into Alolan Marowak is pretty amazing for charging your Tyranitar almost immediately. 60 Hp cubone can be fetched with Professor Elm (prob want 4).