News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Brb making a Venomoth deck!! I love "canonically" (i.e. in-game) underpowered Pokemon being given interesting cards.

Also Fairy Charm [L]? Talk about redundancy. What not simply "Lightning Charm"? Perhaps it's because they don't want to promote the use of "Lightning-type" being used to describe [L]... but if that was the case they could have just called it "Electric Charm". And Fairy Charm Ability? They really couldn't think of a more clever name or item/tool...?

Anywho, just my criticism, realizing it's still just the Japanese names and I'm being a whiny Pokemon-lover. Fun times.

PS: Is it just me or is Amiami not carrying this set?

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
All I see with these new supporters are the potential designs for their FULL ARTS( most likely all three will get one, with that we just need misty and maybe either Giovanni or Gary/blue as a new full art supporter for SM so there will be a complete set of kanto gym leaders full arts)

Also Lt.surge is really good.....if your losing that is, he can only be used if you have more prize cards than your opponent which means he’s only good to help change the tides of the battle...if your losing (if I’m doing well and winning I wouldn’t want this in my hand) can’t wait to see the full art tho I will want all the full art supporters anyway

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Clefable can do 220 with a ‘Band. For one energy.
Well, technically 6, but we won’t go there.
HOLY CRAP THE NEW ABILITY FAIRY CHARM IS BUSTED. Field Blower says hi.
Magnezone/Zeraora anyone?

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Also Fairy Charm [L]? Talk about redundancy. What not simply "Lightning Charm"? Perhaps it's because they don't want to promote the use of "Lightning-type" being used to describe [L]... but if that was the case they could have just called it "Electric Charm". And Fairy Charm Ability? They really couldn't think of a more clever name or item/tool...?

Because it's a Fairy Charm, and they protect Fairy Pokemon. Do you know we have existing Fairy Charm cards? If it were named "Lightning Charm" it would sound as if it were a Fairy Charm for Lightining Pokemon (as in it protects the Lightning Pokemon).

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Let's take a moment to appreciate that Venomoth finally got its first Ultra Rare!! I've said it before always love when Pokemon who haven't gotten them before finally get them, especially if they're really weird choices. This set's continuing this good balance between weird choices and fan favorites they've had recently. Keep it coming, Pokemon.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Electrode GX + Surge + counter catcher + counter energy + basically anything that needs lots of energy = good deck

I'm thinking Vika GX with the charjabroken and that combo (without the counter energy of course). We even have a 6o hp grub now so we can lecture. You can surge and then volkner to get rare candy and then maybe another volkner or a draw supporter. Need the vikas/suicide bombers? No prob, radar thing. Need the supporters? No prob, you have lele and that pokegear no one is talking about. Need energy in the discard to bomb into play? Shuckle, and the radar discards cards. Your hand a little low? Just radar for a dedenne. Oh, and there's electropower, too. And thunder mountain. You're going to have a space issue but it's manageable.

I AM HYPED SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.

I like how pokemon is taking cards we though were bad and making them AMAZING.

Man, I keep going back and adding stuff.
THOSE FAIRIES ARE GOING TO NEED THAT ELECTRO-CHARM

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
I like the new Charjabug, they know we always use rare candies on our Grubbins haha. That Venomoth GX looks really interesting.

Clefairy with the b*tch slap haha

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Venomoth GX is actually really good as long as you play it with its respective supporters. It does 210 (200 plus poison) which KO's most stage 1 GX's and with a Choice Band you are KOing everything else. This is also one of the few Pokemon that can one shot Wailord and Magikarp. I am already theorizing a deck for this.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Did Vikavolt decks just become a thing?

A) New Grubbin is 60 HP and PEL territory. Grubbin's attack is not as good as vulpix in general, but in this deck it is.
B) Charchabug = 2 way play = evolve grubbin or accelerate two energy. Makes sense to have a 4-4-4 line with 3 rare candy.
C) 3 different Vikavolts to play - (1) Sun+Moon Strong Charge for energy acceleration, (2) GX who can hit for numbers and the GX is playable, and (3) the one above who can hit for 220 (add thunder mountain prism and it requires/discards one less L, and add a grass via strong charge and it only discards 2 energy for 220 ... that's shocking. Sorry.)

Add a few energy recyclers and a ditto prism. This is a deck.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Sucks we are not getting this set until May because that Venomoth is a card right up my alley. Loving that Pokemon is introducing "archetype" decks like this.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Did Vikavolt decks just become a thing?

A) New Grubbin is 60 HP and PEL territory. Grubbin's attack is not as good as vulpix in general, but in this deck it is.
B) Charchabug = 2 way play = evolve grubbin or accelerate two energy. Makes sense to have a 4-4-4 line with 3 rare candy.
C) 3 different Vikavolts to play - (1) Sun+Moon Strong Charge for energy acceleration, (2) GX who can hit for numbers and the GX is playable, and (3) the one above who can hit for 220 (add thunder mountain prism and it requires/discards one less L, and add a grass via strong charge and it only discards 2 energy for 220 ... that's shocking. Sorry.)

Add a few energy recyclers and a ditto prism. This is a deck.
You would want to GX move turn 2, but if you end up going second, the grub is good.
Or, here's a crazy idea, you use chimeco if you go second, to make sure no evolving happens, and THEN sweep with vika gx.

Hexogen

Merc W140
Venomoth GX could be played with Janine, Koga and Surge all in one to OHKO anything + being protected against stuff like Blacephalon the next turn. Its a lot to ask for but not impossible since Janine lets you "search" Cards from top and we have Cards like Lele.

shifty14326

Aspiring Trainer
Why is no one taking about Kyurem? That single handedly could force every deck to play escape board. God knows Guzma ain't gonna suffice well enough for 6 KO's.

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
Am I a bad person for thinking dual brains magnezone mill with ltsurges battle could be an amazing deck. The disruption possibilities are mind boggling