• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Buzzap!/Xurkitree GX

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Oh, boy! More Ultra Beasts!
This deck focuses 50% on stall and general disruption, and 50% on actually attacking. Keep that in mind. I’m also kind of toying with the idea of not using Electrode and straight up using Basic Energy to get semi-protection from stall decks intent on destroying my energy. The great thing is, KOing an Electrode’s Prize sacrifice can be negated by Lighting GX. If I can get two of them knocked out, that puts me 1 Xurkitree GX being knocked out for a big Lusamine <> play. Whatever. Let’s see the list.

Pokémon: 12
3 Xurkitree GX (very dangerous Christmas tree/main attacker)
2 Voltorb (the Destiny Burst one)
2 Electrode (energy!)
1 Zeraora GX (free retreat)
2 Tapu Lele GX (call dibs on Lillie)
2 Shaymin EX (draw all the cards)

Trainers: 41
2 Volkner (free item, free Energy)
1 Hala (draw harder)
1 Cynthia (draw hard)
1 Guzma (play a nasty switch trick)
1 Lusamine <> (she protec)
1 AZ (skoop up them Guzma liabilities)
1 Lillie (this is my T1 supporter that my Lele called dibs on)
1 Faba (bye bye forever, stadium/energy!)
1 N (mean, green-haired fighting machine)
3 Tool of Choice (see below)
4 Crushing Hammer (no energy)
4 Nest Ball (find the ‘mons)
4 Electropower (buff the tree!)
2 Weakness Policy (Buzzwole bugspray)
1 Beast Ring (energy!)
1 Battle Compressor (supporters to the discard)
4 Ultra Ball (find the Shaymin/Lele!)
1 Master Ball (catches Electrode!)
2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area (I call it ASPCA)
1 Thunder Mountain <> (anyone having flashbacks to Cars 3’s Thunder Hollow?)
4 VS Seeker (I’m gonna make a call)

Energy: 7
6 Electric Energy
1 Beast Energy <> (buff the tree!)

Now, here are the problems.
- I don’t know which tool to play. Right now, it’s a 5 way tie between Bursting Baloons, Choice Band, Choice Helmet, Lucky Helmet, and Fighting Fury Belt. They all are pretty good in their own respects.
- I basically have no protection from Faba’s Special Energy Removal, and VS Seeker makes it so that if they have Faba, they can run me out of energy 5 times. They wouldn’t need to, but here we are.

Anything is welcome, and the decklist will change from time to time.
(Also, if there is anything extremely obvious that I forgot because I haven’t played Expanded for nearly a year, please tell me.)
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm noticing you have a variety of supporters, but I think that that would ultimately hinder you in the long run since you only play one copy of each. You definitely need more Guzma/Lysandre and more consistan tdraw. I recommend choosing either Hala, Sycamore, or N and cutting the two you don't pick and add two more of the one you did. Or just go with Cynthia, since you don't really want to discard anything that isn't a supporter as far as I can tell. Also, what is the real shtick of this deck? Special energy walling, when things like Clowns and Ray are still around? Sure, they may not be the most prevalent things in the expanded meta, but they can still pop up and cause issues for you. You also need to consider that you are already running Weakness Policy, so 3 more tools seems like a waste of space.

I'm noticing you have a variety of supporters, but I think that that would ultimately hinder you in the long run since you only play one copy of each. You definitely need more Guzma/Lysandre and more consistan tdraw. I recommend choosing either Hala, Sycamore, or N and cutting the two you don't pick and add two more of the one you did. Or just go with Cynthia, since you don't really want to discard anything that isn't a supporter as far as I can tell. Also, what is the real shtick of this deck? Special energy walling, when things like Clowns and Ray are still around? Sure, they may not be the most prevalent things in the expanded meta, but they can still pop up and cause issues for you. You also need to consider that you are already running Weakness Policy, so 3 more tools seems like a waste of space.
I see what you mean about the supporter versatility issue. I’ll do that right now, actually.

Clowns and Ray are problems, though. Big problems. Ray is probably gonna have a good number of players based on the performances I’ve seen by the infamous DarkIntegralGaming (I think he’s a trustworthy source?), so that is going to be a problem. I’m not too worried about seeing Clowns come up a bunch, but I certainly need to be on the lookout for Ray.

I do have coverage (with Flashing Head) over Strong Energy, Beast Energy, Mystery Energy, and DCE, so I should disrupt Buzzwole and Trevenant, brick Zoroark and Vespiquen, and die to Ray. I have to look out for Garbotoxin though, so I need to keep Faba.

Now, my tools. I can’t let go of my tools or my Policy. In fact, it’s my Policy to not give up my Tools. :D Plus, a deck placed top 8 at Anaheim named “fighting toolbox,” but other decks are still out there. I can’t be prepared for all of them. In need, I’ll tech in another Battle Compressor to discard the tool I don’t need. Based on what you said, though, Bursting Baloons has been eliminated from the bracket.

Hey, looky there, my deck only has 59 cards!

Here’s what I’ll do:
-1 Sycamore
-1 Trainers’ Mail
-1 Empty Space
-1 Weakness Policy or Tool of choice, which one?

+1 Hala
+1 Battle Compressor
+1 Master Ball (I’m too cheap to spend $50 on a piece of shiny cardboard)
+1 AZ (Skoop up Guzma plays)

Have you tried to build this in standard? If you did, why have you renounced?

1. Electrode is not legal in standard
2. This deck has a bad MU against any deck not using special energy cards. In standard, there are many powerful decks without special energy.

Back