News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

Lt. Surge has to be one of the most broken supporters ever, being able to play to other supporters in one turn, talk about a comeback card for every deck out there.

It's going to be crazy, you could Cynthia twice on the same turn. I assume there is going to be a jump in how many pal pad/Lusamine people are playing, because we are going to burning through supporters.

OMG! Lt. Surge/Lusamine/other supporter endless loop!

It's going to be crazy, you could Cynthia twice on the same turn. I assume there is going to be a jump in how many pal pad/Lusamine people are playing, because we are going to burning through supporters.

OMG! Lt. Surge/Lusamine/other supporter endless loop!

The card says you can play only 3 supporters including that card. It did not say 2 more supporters. Thus, the roof amount you can play is 3 absolute.

Venomoth-GX is a welcome surprise for sure. But it feels so reliant on the Koga and Janine supporters, I don't what to think.

On the other hand, the attack does deal a lot of damage if Koga's Trap was played (110 + 90 + 10 with poison = 210).

Lt. Surge is insane. I feel like it needs to be banned in Expanded immediately.

Really like Venomoth-GX. I'm loving the GXs that have specific Supporters and other cards designed just for them (ie: Onix-GX and Starmie-GX). Makes me think that we'll see one for every Kanto Gym leader?

The card says you can play only 3 supporters including that card. It did not say 2 more supporters. Thus, the roof amount you can play is 3 absolute.
The translation says "3 Supporter cards (including this one)," meaning you can play Lt. Surge, then 2 more Supporter cards

Ooh, Charjabug. I hope its ability is “Battery” and boosts the attacks of your Electric Pokémon. Also, Venomoth GX looks pretty!

Sigh... Looks like Guzma will stay in standard for a few more years...

...Bleh. >_>

i was thinking koko with flying flip that also works with the dce part and a nice thing to get rid of weak pokemon like non gx pokemon.

maybe meganium from lost thunder?

Marshadow is an amazing Buzz Counter. For 1 C it does 10+60 more to UBs. That's an ohko on Buzz with a band
I wonder if it's because TPCi hates Buzzwole all of the sudden or because they just made Buzzwole/Pheramosa Tag Team GX insanely busted and wanted to make something like this to keep it in check in anticipation.

Ooh, Charjabug. I hope its ability is “Battery” and boosts the attacks of your Electric Pokémon. Also, Venomoth GX looks pretty!
Hate to break the news that's not it's ability, but I think the ability is pretty neat regardless! It allows you to attach it to a Vikavolt or Vikavolt GX as a special energy that provides two lightning energy. Not as broken as the Holon Castform/Electrode way back in the delta species days, but it's a really cool mechanic that they're bringing back.

As a note, according to the wording, you have to attach it to a Vikavolt/Vikavolt GX to make it a special energy card. But it doesn't say anything about it having to stay on a Vikavolt/Vikavolt GX to continue being a special energy card, so you are still allowed to move it around and you could Multi Switch it to something else as an example.

Last edited:
I lost my freaking damn mind when I read Lt. Surge's Battle. Cards that break basic rules of whatever game you're playing are usually at least interesting, and I'm very interested in this card!

Also yes Guzma reprint! 2 more years of Guzma!

Back