• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Unown Missing Ability Decklist

Willie

Aspiring Trainer
Heres my current attempt at making an Unown Missing ability deck to try and get the alternate win condition.
I've tested this a few times and its okay not very fast but turtles decently.
I want to keep it standard any cards you think i should add or subtract and notes are appreciated!
** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List **

##Pokémon - 21

* 4 Trumbeak LOT 165
* 3 Girafarig LOT 94
* 2 Unown LOT 92
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 4 Slowpoke LOT 54
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 4 Slowking LOT 55

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Lillie SUM 122
* 4 Eneporter FLI 106
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Wait and See Hammer LOT 192
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Plumeria BUS 120
* 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143

##Energy - 11

* 7 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO **

This is a rather interesting deck, but I'm not quite sure where to start on this. Any notable matchups with this deck? Wins/losses?

I usually get around 6 supporters in the lost zone and then lose.
I'm not quite sure how this deck plays out, but it seems like you need to start focusing on putting Supporters in the Discard Pile first, then use Pokemon like Girafarig to get them into the lost zone. Hope this helps!

I would suggest oranguru and slugma/magcargo for draw support, as well as enhanced hammers over eneporters. Also, timer balls and nest balls are good for getting out the pokemon you need early.

You seem to have focused too much on energy denial while neglecting your core strategy; you have to either get your opponent's Supporters to the discard pile and then to the LZ or straight from their hand to the LZ. There aren't many tools in standard to achieve the former, but there are a couple of cards that help with the latter. Those would be Peeking Red Card and Illima, plus Lavender Town to a lesser extent because it lets you scout their hand. You also need a supporting Pokemon in order to either fix your draws (Magcargo CES) or to help you draw more cards (Oranguru, Zebstrika etc) since your Supporter every turn is very likely to not be for drawing cards.
If I'm being honest though, this deck is at a severe disadvantage because most decks barely contain 12 Supporters to put in the Lost Zone. Even if they play more, they might have one or two Prized, and you'll lose your win condition.

Energy denial has to be focused on because many things can OHKO girafarig and slowking. Also, if your opponent is not playing 12 supporters, you need to deny them of all of their energy in order to defeat them.

Edit: Forgot to mention, its hard to add more cards that focus on the core strategy because there arent very many of them. Most discarded supporters will come from opponents playing them. Other methods of discarding are usually unreliable (Ex: Tormenting spray).

Back