New 'Melmetal-GX Box' in February!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Melmetal will suffer from the same problems as any Magnezone deck does: consistency. Don't get Magnezone in play and you're done. I wouldn't get too hyped about it.

Also, Blacephalon is very much still a thing. Whether or not Melmetal does or does not play Frying Pan shouldn't matter too much.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
All these people yellin about Magnezone an I'm just sitting here with my Metagross...

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Um, you only get one use out of it and your opponent gets a free turn to score a hit/OHKO if you're Blacephalon?

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if they're still going to use rotated packs. I think I can make out a forbidden light but that's about it.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I wonder if they're still going to use rotated packs. I think I can make out a forbidden light but that's about it.
I think you mean fates collide, but yes I think they are just getting rid of overstock or something like that.

TJKamper

Aspiring Trainer
2019 and we're still gonna be getting Fates Collide. Will it ever end? So sick of getting 2+ year old packs

Panzerolas

Aspiring Trainer
i think we are. :( this is what makes the Promos way more expensive than they should be, no one wants to buy these boxes with bad xy packs

Scoop

Literally a sheep
If everyone is so bothered by pack selections, just buy singles and you don't have to worry about it. Either that, or just be patient about it.

Pokemon has to get rid of their massive surplus of these sets somehow, and while I don't think this is the best way to go at it, I don't really care all that much. Let 'em get their stock out so we can eventually get better packs. It sucks for a lot of people, sure, but remember that once they get all that stock out y'all can have your better packs. They overprinted these sets into oblivion, so they have to make up for it somehow.