News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

jinjitsu

Aspiring Trainer
Suprise Box looks like a really fun combination with stuff like the new Malamar or Gengar Tag-Team maybe more in the future.
Secret Hood could be a strong counter against Decidueye, Alolan-Muk, or even Garbador in expanded because you could protect your own abilities if necessary. I think this one could play a huge role in future deck making.

Darryl Fisher

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'm not sure that surprise box will be good but it could be fun.

I actually think secret hood could be ok. It can shut off Alolan Muk, Hoopa, or it could prevent Lycanroc from targeting them.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Surprise Box.... don't know man; cuz if you combo it w/new dark Malamar, we still have to remember that some attacks like Blacehpelon's can't really be copied in the sense that no fire energy==0 dmg.

Wechselbalg

brb
Both of these seem kinda gimmicky tbh but unless Field Blower will be back in fashion that hood could be useful, depending on the meta.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
SURPRISE!: ...what can this be used for? Gumshoos ULP, Dusknoir BUS? That could work...
Fume Hood: Disrupting protector. Protects from A-Muk, Slakoth, Glaceon GX, etc.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
How is the surprise box gonna help the player?

You could use it to copy and attack from a Pokémon that you returned to their hand with Malamar from the same set. Another use would be an additional 50 damage with Gengar & Mimikyu GX if you use it to return a trainer card to their hand.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
With this new device, you can turn your pokemon into a nun!
Just attach it as a pokemon tool to one of your pokemon and... wola!
Your pokemon is a nun.
But wait...
If you buy now you get a second one for no extra charge!
What's stopping you?
Call today at 123-456-7890!

jinjitsu

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure that surprise box will be good but it could be fun.

I actually think secret hood could be ok. It can shut off Alolan Muk, Hoopa, or it could prevent Lycanroc from targeting them.

I don't think it can actually shut off the ability of Hoopa from Shining Legends because the ability doesn't affect your Pokemon.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I bet Secret Hood will see plenty of play in each format because of how it stops abilities that negate other abilities. Yes, field blower exists to counter it, but the effect of the tool works immediately on its attachment, and it does not turn off your opponent's abilities that Alolan Muk/Garb/Wobbufet could also negate. Protection from Lycanroc, Frogs, and Owls is also a nice thing if matchups rely on it.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
surprise box is actually kinda funny. not sure how much use it will get. but the new malamar and/ or gengar/ mimikyu tag team gx might find a use for it.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
SURPRISE!: ...what can this be used for? Gumshoos ULP, Dusknoir BUS? That could work...
Fume Hood: Disrupting protector. Protects from A-Muk, Slakoth, Glaceon GX, etc.
Sorry, it won't protect from ability lock, as confirms on google channel.

• Secret Hood - sorry, it won't protect from ability, we need an official ruling for this before we can complain. As for now, it could be good against Greninja, Decidueye, and all of stuff against you. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Surprise Box - could be fun, good with GengarKyu, Malamar, and such that. 3-4 Geodudes